Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobbin and Hollie - again.

+2
KatieB
Sixer
6 posters

Go down

Bobbin and Hollie - again. Empty Bobbin and Hollie - again.

Post by Sixer Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:10 pm

Had another attempt at bonding Hollie and Bobbin at the weekend. It started promisingly, for the first time Bobbin seemed a little more relaxed, nibbling hay and grooming himself. In the past he has just sat frozen in shock. Maybe this was an effect of the Petremedy calming products Louise has been using. They ignored each other for quite a while then Hollie went over and nipped him on his side a couple of times in a 'It's me and I'm in charge way'.

Bobbin didn't react and they both carried on eating and moving around. Hollie then decided to approach Bobbin in a friendly way. Sadly Bobbin wasn't having any of this and wanted to get a nip in first which then led to them scuffling. This was repeated several times with no sign of improvement so I decided to call it a day. When I let Bobbin out of the bonding pen he took himself upstairs straight away and wanted to get into the security of his pen. This just about says it all really.

I do think that Hollie genuinely now wants to get on with him but poor Bobbin is much too wary of her to allow it Sad

They do however live very happily alongside each other. This time I must really and truly accept that as a pair they are not meant to be Sad

I do love Bobbin - he is such a sweetheart  Love Love
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Bobbin and Hollie - again. Empty Re: Bobbin and Hollie - again.

Post by KatieB Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Oh no - I'm sorry to hear that they just can't seem to get along.

If only they could talk so that he could explain why he is feeling the way he is :-(

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:43 pm

I am so sorry to hear this love, it is awful when you keep trying and they are having none of it. Bobbin does sound a lovely gentle bun.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:23 pm

God bloody rabbits!! I have one who is just as difficult. I will be entering the dating game in the Spring too. Nightmare!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:23 am

Don't give up hope entirely! we had a pair just like this. It took a lot of time with them next to each other and being swapped into each others pens but we got their in the end! They couldn't have been closer when they were finally together. It may be they just need a break for a little while.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:37 pm

i could never bond jazz and Fudge so the monsters tunneled into each others runn and did it themselves then stuck a middle paw up at me
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:46 pm

Amelia66 wrote:Don't give up hope entirely! we had a pair just like this. It took a lot of time with them next to each other and being swapped into each others pens but we got their in the end! They couldn't have been closer when they were finally together. It may be they just need a break for a little while.

It will be February half term I think before I would consider trying again. I have no idea what may have happened in Bobbin's past, he was rescued a year ago at apparently the age of 6. He had been badly neglected before then and was un-neutered. I can only assume he has always been on his own. Both Louise and I suspect there may have been some maltreatment - he is very happy to have his nose and ears rubbed but as soon as you touch his sides he just freezes Sad We think that he will always be too wary of Hollie to accept her.

However, he is a very happy little chap. Binkies for his breakfast and comes over for nose rubs. He is a little love - as is Hollie really despite being a bit of a madam!
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:00 pm

Sixer wrote:
Amelia66 wrote:Don't give up hope entirely! we had a pair just like this. It took a lot of time with them next to each other and being swapped into each others pens but we got their in the end! They couldn't have been closer when they were finally together. It may be they just need a break for a little while.

It will be February half term I think before I would consider trying again. I have no idea what may have happened in Bobbin's past, he was rescued a year ago at apparently the age of 6. He had been badly neglected before then and was un-neutered. I can only assume he has always been on his own. Both Louise and I suspect there may have been some maltreatment - he is very happy to have his nose and ears rubbed but as soon as you touch his sides he just freezes Sad We think that he will always be too wary of Hollie to accept her.

However, he is a very happy little chap. Binkies for his breakfast and comes over for nose rubs. He is a little love - as is Hollie really despite being a bit of a madam!

Awww poor little guy. Dread to think what happened to him in his old home.

With ours it was that one had been alone for so long he didn't really know how to act and would just nip the other bun. this made her petrifyed of him and when he had decided it was nice to have company and wanted to get along she wanted nothing to do with him! arrrgh bunnies. They got there in the end tho.

Are they still living next door to each other? Might be after time he might come round a bit poor little one.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 pm

Amelia, you are right in saying that like your bunny Bobbin doesn't know how to act or react. I am glad you got there in the end. Such complicated little creatures.

And yes, they do live next to each other. They are very much in sync - eat at the same time, wash at the same time. There is no aggression at all when they have the divide between them. It is just such a shame that it doesn't transfer when we put them together.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down