Alfalfa King timothy hay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Thumper2001 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:59 am

Is in short supply again. If you use it and see it, grab it!

The only place I can find it is The Hay Experts but I can't justify 15 for it once you add on delivery Sad
avatar
Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 13220
Age : 33
Location : In a mad house!
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Ruffin on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:34 pm

15.00 thats terrable I use hay from a local farmer not as good obviously but my lots love it
avatar
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 1122
Age : 61
Location : Sheffield
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Sixer on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:51 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Is in short supply again. If you use it and see it, grab it!

The only place I can find it is The Hay Experts but I can't justify 15 for it once you add on delivery Sad
You could if you bought lots of other goodies too Thumbs Up
avatar
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 5762
Age : 54
Location : Horwich, Bolton.
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Thumper2001 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Ruffin wrote:15.00 thats terrable I use hay from a local farmer not as good obviously but my lots love it
It is! For 1.8kg too Shocked
avatar
Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 13220
Age : 33
Location : In a mad house!
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Thumper2001 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Sixer wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:Is in short supply again. If you use it and see it, grab it!

The only place I can find it is The Hay Experts but I can't justify 15 for it once you add on delivery Sad
You could if you bought lots of other goodies too Thumbs Up
This I did contemplate last night. I had both viovet and the hay experts open and put the same items in my basket. The difference in price was surprising! Shocked

I had 5 items in viovet and I was about 19 and 4 of the same items in the hay experts basket and I was over 27 Shocked

And then there was the delivery charge on top!

I know I sound like I'm being a grip but I need to, unfortunately. I got paid 300 this month and I'm now on zero pay until I go back to work Hmmm
avatar
Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 13220
Age : 33
Location : In a mad house!
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Ruffin on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:30 pm

OK everyone sujestions as to what work Molly & Junior can do to earn a bit and help out Hmmm
avatar
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 1122
Age : 61
Location : Sheffield
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Thumper2001 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Ruffin wrote:OK everyone sujestions as to what work Molly & Junior can do to earn a bit and help out Hmmm
Any suggestions are welcome Laughing
avatar
Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 13220
Age : 33
Location : In a mad house!
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Sixer on Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:11 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
Sixer wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:Is in short supply again. If you use it and see it, grab it!

The only place I can find it is The Hay Experts but I can't justify 15 for it once you add on delivery Sad
You could if you bought lots of other goodies too Thumbs Up
This I did contemplate last night. I had both viovet and the hay experts open and put the same items in my basket. The difference in price was surprising! Shocked

I had 5 items in viovet and I was about 19 and 4 of the same items in the hay experts basket and I was over 27 Shocked

And then there was the delivery charge on top!

I know I sound like I'm being a grip but I need to, unfortunately. I got paid 300 this month and I'm now on zero pay until I go back to work Hmmm
I am glad I am not the only one who finds The Hay Experts expensive - the only stuff I get from them now is their range of forage. I had a quick peek the other day, it seems they now have a loyalty card.
avatar
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 5762
Age : 54
Location : Horwich, Bolton.
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by marleyNfriends on Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:48 pm

I get mine from the dreaded pets at home (i know, its naughty), but like you say, I cant justify spending that much money on THE, so I leave it, or fill my basket with stuff I shouldnt. Marley and Dolly always seem completely ungrateful anyway! Laughing Im going to get the Timothy and Rye from HFP instead, and see what they think to that.
avatar
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 4154
Age : 25
Location : Cleveland, UK
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by iiisecondcreep on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:26 pm

Have you tried TimothyHay.co.uk?

22 for 10kg of hay delivered!
so 2.20 per kg vs Alfalfa King 4.44 per kg.
(or 40 for 20kg delivered 2 per kg!)

We used to use alfalfa king but switched to TimothyHay.co.uk and find the quality much better and more consistent (had a few bags of alfalfa king that were more hay dust than stalks!) and the buns definitely prefer it Smile
You can also currently choose 2013 (more stalky) or 2014 hay (more leafy) Smile
avatar
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 1212
Age : 33
Location : Bonnybridge, Central Scotland
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Thumper2001 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Sixer wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:
Sixer wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:Is in short supply again. If you use it and see it, grab it!

The only place I can find it is The Hay Experts but I can't justify 15 for it once you add on delivery Sad
You could if you bought lots of other goodies too Thumbs Up
This I did contemplate last night. I had both viovet and the hay experts open and put the same items in my basket. The difference in price was surprising! Shocked

I had 5 items in viovet and I was about 19 and 4 of the same items in the hay experts basket and I was over 27 Shocked

And then there was the delivery charge on top!

I know I sound like I'm being a grip but I need to, unfortunately. I got paid 300 this month and I'm now on zero pay until I go back to work Hmmm
I am glad I am not the only one who finds The Hay Experts expensive - the only stuff I get from them now is their range of forage. I had a quick peek the other day, it seems they now have a loyalty card.
They are expensive! I noticed the loyalty card a while back too but they're still over priced even with it Hmmm

The pet shop I was in today had a load of forage stuff too, as well as Burns green oat hay cheers

Aaaaand..... Wait for it...... They don't sell animals Happy Dance
avatar
Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 13220
Age : 33
Location : In a mad house!
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Thumper2001 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:30 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:I get mine from the dreaded pets at home (i know, its naughty), but like you say, I cant justify spending that much money on THE, so I leave it, or fill my basket with stuff I shouldnt. Marley and Dolly always seem completely ungrateful anyway! Laughing Im going to get the Timothy and Rye from HFP instead, and see what they think to that.
I've got to admit that I do buy the Alfalfa King hay from P@H. I can't get it anywhere else here, and it's much cheaper to buy there than anywhere online.

I curse myself every time I buy it tho Laughing

My two won't eat the HFP T&R Hmmm
avatar
Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 13220
Age : 33
Location : In a mad house!
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Thumper2001 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:32 pm

iiisecondcreep wrote:Have you tried TimothyHay.co.uk?

22 for 10kg of hay delivered!
so 2.20 per kg vs Alfalfa King 4.44 per kg.
(or 40 for 20kg delivered 2 per kg!)

We used to use alfalfa king but switched to TimothyHay.co.uk and find the quality much better and more consistent (had a few bags of alfalfa king that were more hay dust than stalks!) and the buns definitely prefer it Smile
You can also currently choose 2013 (more stalky) or 2014 hay (more leafy) Smile
I haven't but I've only seen good things about it. Unfortunately I don't have anywhere to keep 10kgs of hay Sad

I know what you mean about the alfalfa king, it's just mush at the bottom of the bag!
avatar
Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 13220
Age : 33
Location : In a mad house!
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by iiisecondcreep on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:01 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
iiisecondcreep wrote:Have you tried TimothyHay.co.uk?

22 for 10kg of hay delivered!
so 2.20 per kg vs Alfalfa King 4.44 per kg.
(or 40 for 20kg delivered 2 per kg!)

We used to use alfalfa king but switched to TimothyHay.co.uk and find the quality much better and more consistent (had a few bags of alfalfa king that were more hay dust than stalks!) and the buns definitely prefer it Smile
You can also currently choose 2013 (more stalky) or 2014 hay (more leafy) Smile
I haven't but I've only seen good things about it. Unfortunately I don't have anywhere to keep 10kgs of hay Sad

I know what you mean about the alfalfa king, it's just mush at the bottom of the bag!

Neither do we really, it just sits in the spare room with the rest of the bunny stuff!
Maybe buy a plastic bin and keep it outside in that?
avatar
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 1212
Age : 33
Location : Bonnybridge, Central Scotland
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Thumper2001 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:05 pm

iiisecondcreep wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:
iiisecondcreep wrote:Have you tried TimothyHay.co.uk?

22 for 10kg of hay delivered!
so 2.20 per kg vs Alfalfa King 4.44 per kg.
(or 40 for 20kg delivered 2 per kg!)

We used to use alfalfa king but switched to TimothyHay.co.uk and find the quality much better and more consistent (had a few bags of alfalfa king that were more hay dust than stalks!) and the buns definitely prefer it Smile
You can also currently choose 2013 (more stalky) or 2014 hay (more leafy) Smile
I haven't but I've only seen good things about it. Unfortunately I don't have anywhere to keep 10kgs of hay Sad

I know what you mean about the alfalfa king, it's just mush at the bottom of the bag!


Neither do we really, it just sits in the spare room with the rest of the bunny stuff!
Maybe buy a plastic bin and keep it outside in that?
Oh, hang on! I have a shed Embarassed

I'll have a look at their website. Thanks Smile
avatar
Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 13220
Age : 33
Location : In a mad house!
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by c.bolduan on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:29 am

My last order came to 57.??. Oops confused It wasnt that much some crunchies and other treats, burns green oat and the short supreme straw. Checked and it was the delievery that junked it up. So will consider to shop around too. Pitty though, they are fast and reliable, means we won't run short on crunchies which would definetly be a case of bubbles writing to the R S P C A. Laughing Smile

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 3084
Age : 51
Location : Gloucestershire
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by jolovesbunnies on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:43 pm

I find delivery costs ridiculous, when I buy from Ebay I always tick the Postage Free Box. It probably isn't; it just goes on the cost of the item!

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 11446
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by FluffSlave on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:11 pm

I've just recently started using The Timothy Hay company too and I can only say good things. The hay is fab quality, the delivery is super speedy and they're very reasonably priced as well. If you have the space I'd definitely go for their Timothy Bales Thumbs Up
avatar
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 7019
Location : Worcestershire, UK
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Tuckerbunnies on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:24 pm

We get our Timothy Hay from Pets@Home we get a lot of stuff from there as they sell what we want and it's convenient for us as it's nearer. That's the Alfalfa King timothy hay of course we get
from there.


Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 15875
Location :
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Tuckerbunnies on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:27 pm

FluffSlave wrote:I've just recently started using The Timothy Hay company too and I can only say good things. The hay is fab quality, the delivery is super speedy and they're very reasonably priced as well. If you have the space I'd definitely go for their Timothy Bales Thumbs Up

We use them for Timothy hay to as they are a lot cheaper than the Hay Experts where we use to get it.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 15875
Location :
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Alfalfa King timothy hay

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum