Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frances Harcourt-Brown - Owners' Day .. anticipation re 2016

+6
BugsBunny
jolovesbunnies
KatieB
Tuckerbunnies
Sixer
Big Ears
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Frances Harcourt-Brown - Owners' Day .. anticipation re 2016 Empty Frances Harcourt-Brown - Owners' Day .. anticipation re 2016

Post by Big Ears Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:29 am

Just thought I'd flag this up as a know a few members went to the RWAF conference so could potentially be interested... and those who didn't because it was too far to travel (but based 'up North') might be interested.

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/rabbit-cpd/courses-for-owners

If it runs it will be at Hampsthwaite (Harrogate) which is fantastic for me.

It will be really fantastic if she does run this especially if there's enough interest for a course rather than a one-off.

I'm thinking along the lines of detailed information on how to check stasis bunnies for blockages/how to use blood glucose testing... whether or not to decide to do OOH at midnight or whether early morning will be okay.

Last edited by Big Ears on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:04 pm; edited 8 times in total

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Frances Harcourt-Brown - Owners' Day .. anticipation re 2016 Empty Re: Frances Harcourt-Brown - Owners' Day .. anticipation re 2016

Post by Sixer Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:13 pm

Thank you for flagging this up. I would certainly be interested Thumbs Up
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Frances Harcourt-Brown - Owners' Day .. anticipation re 2016 Empty Re: Frances Harcourt-Brown - Owners' Day .. anticipation re 2016

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:26 pm

Oh gosh I would have loved this if I could afford it but I am already doing a rabbit diploma course and that cost me a lot. Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:25 pm

I would love to do this... but its a bit of a way to go for me. But it looks like it would be amazing!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:34 pm

I think it is a great idea love but I couldn't possibly at those prices. Thank you for sharing though.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:49 pm

jolovesbunnies wrote:I think it is a great idea love but I couldn't possibly at those prices.  Thank you for sharing though.

Hugs
Jo xx

The owners' one is only at the proposal stage at the moment so the prices haven't been published. I'm sure she realises that owners on the whole would be put off if it was the same cost as the vocational study cost. Time will tell, I'm just glad she's considering running it. If it is expensive we will have to nominate a rich friend to go and take notes Wink

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Sixer wrote:Thank you for flagging this up. I would certainly be interested Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up It makes a refreshing change to have something like this 'up North' for a change.

Last edited by Big Ears on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:40 pm

would be great to go but cannot afford , we have stes course to pay for next year and new pc's as they are both dying.

Thanks for sharing though, would have been a handy thing.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:56 pm

Thanks Big Ears hun, I saw £120 and £140 on the same page and assumed. It is a really great idea.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:13 am

jolovesbunnies wrote:I think it is a great idea love but I couldn't possibly at those prices.  Thank you for sharing though.

Hugs
Jo xx

This course is still by no means definite yet, FHB has yet to be convinced there is enough demand and is waiting to see how the vocational courses go first, but, she has told me that the owners course *if it runs* will be £40 ish. and would be a c5 hour stint on Saturday or Sunday. .... approximately the same price as one vaccination then Thumbs Up

I just hope there is enough demand for these courses as it is a reflection that rabbits matter... and they flipping do... there's enough of them as pets in this country so vets/owners should be interested in these kinds of courses.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 pm

I quite agree love, there are plenty of people who have bunnies already who still need educating as to their welfare as we sadly know. It would be great for more vets to be bunny savvy too.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:21 pm

Big Ears wrote:This course is still by no means definite yet, FHB has yet to be convinced there is enough demand but, she has told me that the owners course *if it runs* will be £40 ish. and would be a c5 hour stint on Saturday or Sunday. .... approximately the same price as one vaccination then Thumbs Up

I thought a lot more people would be showing interest as that's a really good price for this kind of event. Crying or Very sad

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:07 pm

I am really keen, and left my details. I hope this goes ahead.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:13 pm

Sixer wrote:I am really keen, and left my details. I hope this goes ahead.

Thumbs Up Thank you Love

I'm absolutely convinced there is demand for it and given previous feedback here I wondered if people were reluctant to put submissions forward when they thought it could be over £100  .... knowing that it's weekend c5 hours (1.30 - 6.30) and c£40 I think that information would really help people get on board.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:01 pm

Two things to find out.
When is this happening?
How far is Harrogate from Gloucestershire?

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:19 pm

c.bolduan wrote:Two things to find out.
When is this happening?
My understanding is that no date has been set as yet. Harrogate is over in Yorkshire, nearer to me than you! You would be more than welcome to stay with me and travel across together if that made things easier Very Happy
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:54 pm

c.bolduan wrote:Two things to find out.
When is this happening?
My understanding is that no date has been set as yet. Harrogate is over in Yorkshire, nearer to me than you! You would be more than welcome to stay with me and travel across together if that made things easier Very Happy
That would be lovely, just a date then Happy Dance

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Unfortunately being in Cornwall, I couldn't be much further away.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:47 pm

Jo, you could travel half way to Gloucestershire and join me. We can share my car then. How about?

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:14 pm

Oh sweetie, that is so very sweet of you and I appreciate it. The trouble is I am chronically car sick which is worse in someone else's car. You are a darling for offering though. I also have major mobility problems. Hugs

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by cheryl'n'bruce'flo Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:15 pm

No Harrogate is too far for me as well. And there are no flights from Exeter or Bristol to Leeds Bradford airport ( although you can fly from Southampton Katie).
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7837
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:52 am

If you could fly to Manchester I am happy to provide B+B Smile
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:59 am

I have space in my car. Cheltenham and I pick you up!

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:17 pm

Definitely sounds interesting. Dependent on pricing of course!

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:Definitely sounds interesting. Dependent on pricing of course!

The times and prices were a definite, if it does run, so £40 for 1.30 - 6.30pm .... which is an excellent price for this kind of event

Last edited by Big Ears on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next