Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vet trips!

5 posters

Go down

Vet trips! Empty Vet trips!

Post by iiisecondcreep Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Poor buns, you'd think they'd get more used to vet visits over time but they just keep getting worse!

So thursday was time for MJ's vaccs, T check up and both nails trimmed!

T first. Poor little mite was actually shaking when we took her out the carrier. Vet checked her mouth, says its looking totally fine Thumbs Up and weighed her, she's put on another 50g Thumbs Up then time for nails trimmed. Jings! Under the vets instruction I scooped her up, chest and front legs in one hand and bum in the other facing him so her bag legs were sticking out a bit. Each time he trimmed a leg her back legs would 'ping' like an elastic bang. Thats the only way I can explain it! It was a shame for her but every time she did I am ashamed to say I could not help but giggle Embarassed

Then MJ. Vaccs first, then checked his eyes. Not much to say about his right eye, the vet did say that cataracts that happen that quickly can sometimes 'leak out', but his is not showing any signs of worsening. His left eye is completely clear Thumbs Up then weighed, hes actually not put on any weight which surprised me lol, he's so round! then nails trimmed time Rolling Eyes so by this point he'd come over for a cuddle and put his front feet up on my tummy which he has does before at the vet Love then he jumped up on me! Shocked and kept climbing! next thing hes on my shoulder, so my OH who was just behind me got a hold of him, but MJ just kept on climbing and I had to retrieve him from my OH's shoulder! Shocked Shocked

So it was a fairly eventful vet trip but on the whole it was all good news Smile Smile
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Vet trips! Empty Re: Vet trips!

Post by c.bolduan Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:11 pm

Climbing bunnies! 
Oh yes, they may be related to goats. Someone asked this a while ago it may have been Gentl. Yes im sure they are related down the line.
My OH laughed when he saw me blocking of the fire place and chimney in Vernons room.
It is newspaper stuck up a hole and than a long dark tunnel to climb.
Mhmmmm.
I feel safer having it blocked.
Glad that all the results of yours are positive and tha Temperance has put on weight. Where did the ping come from ?

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:08 am

Be wary of the climbing bunny! Flo used to do this. She has now stopped, possibly because she is used to the process after the issues with her feet (she is currently sock and metacam free in case you were wondering). The climbing turned into jumping and on one occasion she completely cleared my shoulder and ended up on the floor and on another shevended upnon top if the light box on the wall which they used for old fashioned xrays.

Glad to hear both Temperance and MJ are OK.

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:34 pm

It is surprising how agile bunnies are, Holly is always climbing and is sure footed also. They all hate the vets; once taken there they never forget, poor little MJ.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:53 pm

Mojo is a climber when he is being held too Rolling Eyes

It certainly doesn't make life easy! Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:08 pm

Oh bless them. Im glad they are both ok...although I suspect - in a mood with you now!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:38 pm

A little while ago, Holly tried to get on one of the shelves of our bookcase. Have you been forgiven yet love?

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down