Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry has an obsessive personality.

+2
Thumper2001
woodwench
6 posters

Go down

Henry has an obsessive personality. Empty Henry has an obsessive personality.

Post by woodwench Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:13 pm

I'm sure Henry has. He may even have a form of OCD (not with the compulsive cleaning element though).
He has become increasingly obsessed with a small shelve unit I have in one corner of my sitting room. He tries to get behind it and under it and spends an inordinate amount of time sniffing and licking and nudging it.
He became obsessed with the forage box I put down for him and has to have that rationed as an occasional treat.
This thing with the shelve unit is getting freaky though. I've tried moving it and letting him see behind and under it and I've emptied the shelves for him to inspect but that hasn't cured him. I sprayed it (and the carpet around it) with WeeAway, and wiped the skirting and wall too, just in case there was a trace of Loll's scent that was bothering him. But he's at it now, trying to worm under it. Mad damn rabbit!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Henry has an obsessive personality. Empty Re: Henry has an obsessive personality.

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:19 pm

Junior is quirky like this. He has routines, and he gets annoyed if you mess them up.

He will do things his way or no way No
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Henry has an obsessive personality. Empty Re: Henry has an obsessive personality.

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:12 pm

They all have their little funny ways hun, I must admit though, I would like to know what is so interesting in that particular place. If only they could talk Very Happy Please let us know if this continues.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:34 pm

Well, the reason for the obsession with the shelf unit became apparent this afternoon. After he had been driving me nuts throughout the morning with his efforts to get underneath it, I decided to have another shot at finding out what was so interesting. I unpacked the shelves, moved the unit out into the room and sat back to watch what he did.
A few minutes was spent sniffing where the unit had been, then he came back to the unit itself and after circling it he began trying to get under it again.
So, I reasoned, whatever it was, was not in the corner where the shelves fit, nor on the shelves nor anywhere visible ... So, it had to be under the unit, actually on the underside of the bottom shelf. I turned the unit over and Henners was like a sniffer dog after dope trying to push his way in.
Now, I know for certain sure that he is one weird rabbit for what we found under the unit was a big cobweb with one of the biggest spiders I've seen in a long time.
I quickly righted the unit so Henners couldn't get at the spider and went to get a jar and some card. I felt rather bad about turfing the poor spider out of its home but I made sure it was safe in the wood shed.
I had to let Henners inspect the empty cobweb before putting everything back in place. He got a few tatters hung on his whiskers! Things are quietening down a bit now though he still keeps nosing around the unit.
I guess he had heard the spider moving and wanted to sort it!
Looks like I've got a hunting rabbit on my hands.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Ha ha, we do say they all have their own little funny ways. Thank you for not hurting the spider love, so many people kill them and it is wrong. He probably didn't want to share his space with said spiddie, who incidentally may turn around and come right back in again. Laughing

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Woodwench this remains me of a story I read where a bunny actually protected the spider he was sharing his hutch with.
Im arachnophobic but wouldn't hurt any spider as they are so useful and their webs are pieces of art.
If I got one say in my bedroom I get my spider catcher and they are evicted into the garden.
Yes Jo  ery likely they move back in no time.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:21 pm

I am now tempted to sit back and watch Henners instead of going on cobweb hunts!
I've no idea what he would have done with/to it had he been given the chance but I do know Loll was not the spiders best friend and I remember him once sitting on a poor innocent woodlouse ... it was never the same again.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:44 am

Hahahaha this is so funny! I wish mine would take a more pro active view on spiders! Is love it if daisy chased them out!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:27 pm

Hahaha, that is something the little woodlouse will not forget in a hurry. If Holly found a spider in his web, I think she would probably completely ignore it. Oh CB love, bless that bun for protecting spiddie.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny boy Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:18 pm

What a character he is:lol:

Hugs Judy
bunny boy
bunny boy
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2015-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:27 pm

Yes, he's a nutter. When I first saw him at the rescue I was too caught up in my grief for Loll to allow him in and so I didn't take away any big impression; same the second time I saw him. It was my friend, Annette, who raved about him. She couldn't shut about him and went on and on about what a character he was and how there was something special about him and that he was just right for me.
It took me four months to open up and take notice of what she said and to recognise Henry's potential.
Now? Well now I sometimes feel slightly overwhelmed by his personality. He's a real bunkey!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:20 pm

I would love to meet him love.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:37 pm

Aw!!! Thumper was petrified of spiders. Many a time I had to turf them out of the house in the middle of the night because she was thumping Love
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:55 pm

Henry seems okay with them ... I know he didn't get too closely acquainted with that one but he didn't appear scared of it. Loll was aggressive toward them.
More proof, if we needed it, that they are all individuals.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down