Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet Rumpus

+4
Zo
Sixer
KatieB
Honeybunny
8 posters

Go down

Meet Rumpus Empty Meet Rumpus

Post by Honeybunny Sun May 17, 2015 12:09 am

A few of you will know this bunny's story. He was handed into a rescue with his brother but this handsome lad can be really unpleasant. Not just a biter but a hanger on and twist to rip biter
So the rescue were going to have him put to sleep unless an experienced ( and slighlty insane! ) person offered him a home....................I was that person!

Meet Rumpus Rumpus_zpsvzlfarsg

I offered as I love dutchies and he reminded me of one from years ago named Bandit..but I could not take his brother...however when I went to collect this bun he was bullying his bro and the lady admitted they would be happier apart with new partners each ..his brother isn't aggresssive

Well before I collected him his story was posted on FB..not by me..that was where I heard about him..and what a thread that was All sorts of abuse thrown at the woman who had said she may PTS..and then at me as I said if he was REALLY bad I may have to make same decision..and lots of really stupid people saying he would not be badly behaved if you just loved him.
Well the thread gave him his new name RUMPUS Very Happy
He is aggressive and unpredictable so dangerous. He will always be a garden glove job and never to be held near my face. But he is alive and I really like him
He will be bonded with one of the permanents when I get time but for now he is happy
He is so handsome

Meet Rumpus Rumpus010515_zpsxe6hypbz

Honeybunny
Rescuer

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Meet Rumpus Empty Re: Meet Rumpus

Post by KatieB Sun May 17, 2015 7:42 am

He really is a gorgeous lad.

Well done for taking him and giving him a loving home, I hope that with time he calms down. I wonder what happened to the little chap to make him that way.

He has such a cheeky face bless him x

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun May 17, 2015 8:13 am

He is beautiful Jill.

Our first bunny Barney was also extremely aggressive, was fine with my daughter but attacked everyone else on sight. I still have the gloves with blood stained holes. He was also bullying Barney and attacked him too if he couldn't get to me. The final straw came when I was on my hands and knees sweeping up his poo and he bit a huge chunk out of my side. Herbie at that time started with snuffles and syphilis which may well have been stress related.
It seemed we had reached a point where keeping them together was unfair on Herbie. It upset me greatly to let him go but Kay at Bunnyhops found him a home with a friend whose rabbits lived in a large colony outdoors. Barney fitted in straight away, even digging his way out of a acclimatising pen to be with the rest of the gang. Sadly he died with a tumour behind his eye only six months later.
I often wonder whether this played a part in his, or whether being a dwarf lop it was just small bun/big attitude.

I am so happy that Rumpus gets to have a happy ending with you. He is very handsome Love Love Love
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sun May 17, 2015 9:16 am

He is gorgeous Love
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeybunny Sun May 17, 2015 11:02 am

KatieB wrote:He really is a gorgeous lad.  
Well done for taking him and giving him a loving home, I hope that with time he calms down.  I wonder what happened to the little chap to make him that way.  
He has such a cheeky face bless him x

This is the problem..nothing may have happened to make him this way. He seems to have always been treated well and is very unpredictable.
As much as some animal lovers don't like to admit it . a few animals, like humans, can just be born wioth a nasty streak ..and Rumpus may be one
So far with me he has attacked his water bottle..tried to "kill" several toys and an old towel..and yep lunged at me but not got me!

Honeybunny
Rescuer

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sun May 17, 2015 12:47 pm

Thanks for takindg him on and providing a safe home to Rumpus.
Time will tell but glad he is with you now.
Sixer as Barney had a tumour behind his eye this could have lead to pressure and changes inhis brain.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun May 17, 2015 3:33 pm

He is stunning - the devil in disguise, perhaps? Laughing

Thank you for taking him on and giving him a second chance Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sun May 17, 2015 4:24 pm

Is he neutered?

We had a bin who was much the same, but after neutering and lots of slow interaction from people he came around.

Glad you have him even if he does stay a biter! bless him
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeybunny Sun May 17, 2015 6:35 pm

yes he is neutered

Honeybunny
Rescuer

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun May 17, 2015 9:05 pm

He is gorgeous love and thank you for giving him a home. He would almost certainly have been put to sleep otherwise.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down