Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ferplast160 Opinions

4 posters

Go down

Ferplast160 Opinions Empty Ferplast160 Opinions

Post by marleyNfriends Tue May 26, 2015 10:20 am

Thinking about getting one for Marley, to use as a base . I know the internal measurements are always smaller, and indoor cages aren't the best, or most cost effective, but I just want an 'all in one', easy to manage base for him.

Will it be big enough? I may well decide I don't like it, and end up using the puppy pen, anyway, when I'm feeling better or go back to work.

The plan is to have a base for him when I'm not in, and for his own safety when necessary. Hopefully, as long as he's fairly well behaved, he will be out whenever I'm at home, and when I sleep, hough the night too. I can't put an exact time on it, but he will be free range for at least 12 hours a day on a bad day, and would never have to be shut in at all if I'm not going anywhere. When I'm back at work, which won't be for 5 months, I'll eventually be working 9 hour days, 5 days a week.

I already have a 120, but not happy leaving him in it. I could get a 140, or a 160. What do you think?
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Ferplast160 Opinions Empty Re: Ferplast160 Opinions

Post by Zo Tue May 26, 2015 10:58 am

Have you seen this? don't know if it'd fit where you're intending to have it but i thought it was quite nice for an indoor base
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue May 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Never seen that before. Would fit in the sole, but would jut our pretty awkwardly. Been to local farm shop to look at their 140, which is no retry good size. Think I'm going to order the 160 or the Trixie 150 online.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Tue May 26, 2015 5:01 pm

I've seen the 150 and it was pretty big, I'm guessing the 160 is bigger, i'm sure it'll be fine. I think indoor set ups change a lot as you live with them so don't put too much pressure on yourself to have it right now
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by cheryl'n'bruce'flo Tue May 26, 2015 7:48 pm

What about a 5ft hutch painted to match the room? Then you can utilise the space on top of the hutch. I find the cages a real pain in the ****. They are noisy as well when buns are hopping around. And they can be a hazard getting in and out of them.
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7837
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue May 26, 2015 7:58 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:What about a 5ft hutch painted to match the room? Then you can utilise the space on top of the hutch. I find the cages a real pain in the ****. They are noisy as well when buns are hopping around. And they can be a hazard getting in and out of them.
I don't know which cage we have but I agree with Cheryl here. I can hear Molly and Junior jumping in and out of theirs at night. And there's a bathroom between our rooms!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down