Hungrybun, anyone?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hungrybun, anyone?

Post by woodwench on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:21 pm

They are all off in the woods doing whatever they enjoy doing during summer and autumn. I stop feeding in May and after a week or so spent digging up the peanuts they buried on the lawns during the winter they all buzz off and leave me in peace.
I've never been bitten and they don't climb over each other to get at the food. I throw nuts across the lawns leave them to it; ground feeding them does give the birds a chance to get some food from the feeders. After the squirrels have cleaned up there are a couple of cheeky beggars who climb up the windows to ask for more. My windows, glass and paintwork are always filthy durning winter.
Henry was always very put out that there was a squirrel climbing the dining room window and staring in at him.
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3566
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Hungrybun, anyone?

Post by jolovesbunnies on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Ha ha, I love these posts Woodwench honey, I just wondered if one had bitten you in his desperation to get to the food, very glad that hasn't happened LOL!!  I like the idea of letting the birdies get their share too and I would love to see the squirrels digging for buried nuts.  I think throwing the food is the safest way honey but I did like the video you kindly posted of the squirrels running all over that chaps's arm but I can see the danger there too.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11456
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum