Be careful what you wish for....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Be careful what you wish for....

Post by woodwench on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:39 pm

Henry had a very active morning. His cavorting went on until well past midday. He's usually asleep by then and only stirs a couple of times, around two-ish for his greens/forage and again around four-ish for his toast. Today he enjoyed both as normal and slept on until eight this evening.... late for him, but he'd had a busy morning.
I took him his evening burgess at just gone eight. Had a bath, washed my hair and settled at the computer, waiting for him to come charging through. It got to be nine thirty and I drew the curtains. Henry was sitting star gazing, like in a trace, but his burgess bowl was empty and he looked okay. So I went back into the sitting room and left him to his dreams.
A quarter to ten and I began to feel lonely and neglected and called him, "Henreeeee! Henners-Ho-Ha! Henny love buck!!" Not a sign, not a sound. I began to worry. Was he okay? Had that trance-like look been a sign of pain? I made a big wish that my darling boy would stir his stumps and come to me.

There was a scuffly-clattering kinda noise. A grunt and and some more scrabbling and in shot Henry.... he belted round my armchair, dashed behind the desk, exited stage right (no bear, but the way he was travelling there might well have been one hard on his scut) and he headed back into the dining room.
I rose to investigate and we met in the passage between the two rooms ... he ran smack into my shins, grunted and maybe bounced a bit, but it hardly broke his momentum as he tore off on another circuit.
In the dining room I found one over tuned litter tray, a water bowl minus most of its contents and megazorb and hay adrift in said lost contents.

Mucky darned crittur!
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Be careful what you wish for....

Post by cheryl'n'bruce'flo on Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:00 pm

Laughing

cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Senior Hopper