Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranoid

5 posters

Go down

Paranoid Empty Paranoid

Post by cats444444 Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:35 am

Hi guys Smile. Im probably being a paranoid mummy but i thought id check...Otto my 5 month old conti giant has been sneezing a bit today. My previous bunny died after a long battle with pasteurella Sad bunnys can just have a sneezing fit cant they?!?!?! xx

cats444444
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Paranoid Empty Re: Paranoid

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Yeah they certainly can! My two occasionally have sneezing fits. I think the hay tickles their noses sometimes!

It's understandable you're paranoid but hopefully it's just something irritating his nose Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:41 pm

I am sure he is just having a little sneezing session love, but we can all understand our concern.  Lots of stay well vibes are on their way.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by cats444444 Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:01 pm

Thanks guys i knew youd understand Very Happy i feel lots better, he hasnt sneezed since must have been something up his nose phew! I worry less about the other buns because they were all around istvan when he had active pasteurella and non were infected including his wifebun but with otto being a newby it scares me somewhat, i disinfected everywhere before i moved him in just in case. Thanks everyone Smile xx

cats444444
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:24 pm

Rabbits can have a bout of the sneezes just as we can; something tickling his nose. Your boy has had a pretty busy time of it lately: new home, new girlfriend, neutering.... he may be a little stressed and that can manifest itself in a bout of sneezing. Plus, if he is new to being a house rabbit he will be encountering lots of new scents and, dare I say it?, dust mites etc. which can also cause sneezing.
My boy, Henry, has just got over an horrendous moult and he was inhaling fur as he groomed himself and that gave him an awful stuffy nose, wheezing and LOTS of blasting sneezes.
You have had a bun with pasturella so you know to watch for nasal discharges and wet paws.
Just keep a watch on him and relax.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by cats444444 Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:06 pm

Thanks Woodwench Smile. Yes that does make a lot of sense hes been through a very stressful time and the dust bunnies in my house would give the real ones a run for their money! Ive checked paws etc and no stickiness Smile x

cats444444
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny-mummy-lizzy Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:12 pm

I agree with every-one on here, he's in a new environment, lots to smell and claim so probably just some dust of somesort up his nose.
My buns can get a bit sneezy when we get to the bottom of a bag of nuggets or hay where the dust has settled, and also if they've been "snuffling" around finding treats amongst the hay.
Woodwench makes a good point that it could also be fur, Jasper has recently been bonded with Becky, he was a rescue bun, and he doesn't seem to have learnt all his bunny manners and etiquette, so he often thinks its ok to shove his moulting fluffy angora butt in Becky's face as he flops next to her. Cue grunting, face-pulling, quite "pah-pah"'s, some vigorous face washing and some sneezing as she tries to get the fur off her self and out of her nose and mouth. As you can probably guess she's a real little lady who usually never has a strand of fur out of place.

bunny-mummy-lizzy
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2015-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:55 pm

How is he love?

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies