Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Molly's runny eye is getting me down :(

+6
woodwench
jolovesbunnies
KatieB
gemma997
c.bolduan
Thumper2001
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Molly's runny eye is getting me down :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Molly's runny eye is getting me down :(

Post by woodwench Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Good Luck Molly! Hugs Hugs Hugs
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Molly's runny eye is getting me down :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Molly's runny eye is getting me down :(

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:45 pm

Thank you Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:00 am

Good luck for today hun x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:17 am

Good luck Molly
Tails are crossed

Xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:02 am

Thanks guys Smile

I dropped them off this morning, they were jittery - as expected.

I've not heard anything so no news is good news! I'm so busy at work I've not even had time to worry!!!

I can phone at 13:30 so will let you know.

Fingers crossed for no teethie problems!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Hmmm

They can't fix her eye. The tear duct has "a complete blockage". He said it's nothing to get upset about, it's merely cosmetic. But I can't help feel a bit deflated Sad

He said it is either the result of infection or trauma. Before the watering began her eye was fine so I'm pretty confident she's hurt it. Probably, the way she runs around!

The good news is, her teeth are in "brilliant condition". He said there were a few teeny spurs that he took off but nothing he wouldn't expect to see in your average healthy rabbit.

So that's good.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:09 pm

Sorry to see the eye couldn't be resolved. Erin also has a watery eye for which she is currently on drops as slightly infected.

FHB tried to flush her tear duct when she had her in for a dental recently but she wasn't able to do it either, so we've been there too, sadly. I don't know if she's intending to have another but she will be seeing her for follow up.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:16 pm

I am so sorry to hear that her eye will never get better love but at least she has nothing serious.  We are always told that Holly's teeth are in perfect condition when when we take her for a check up every 2 months and it is always good to hear.  

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:30 pm

Im sorry to hear that Sad

xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Sorry about the Mollster's eye. Will you be able to control it so that she doesn't get soreness/infection because of the running?
Glad she got good tushiekins. I worry about Henry's teeth and the root Richard mentioned, and I worry about his weight and his (occasional) runny eye and I worry about coping with an emergency on a Bank Holiday ..... Hell, I'm always worrying about that darned rabbit, and does he worry about me? Does he Hell...... silent
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:23 pm

Aw thats a shame they can't fix it, but at I am glad to hear it is nothing serious Smile
Hopefully Junior will help her keep it clean Smile
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:52 pm

Does junior clean it for her hun?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:54 pm

Big Ears wrote:Sorry to see the eye couldn't be resolved.  Erin also has a watery eye for which she is currently on drops as slightly infected.

FHB tried to flush her tear duct when she had her in for a dental recently but she wasn't able to do it either, so we've been there too, sadly.  I don't know if she's intending to have another but she will be seeing her for follow up.
Sounds like they are in a very similar situation Sad

Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:55 pm

jolovesbunnies wrote:I am so sorry to hear that her eye will never get better love but at least she has nothing serious.  We are always told that Holly's teeth are in perfect condition when when we take her for a check up every 2 months and it is always good to hear.  

Hugs
Jo xx

gemma997 wrote:Im sorry to hear that Sad

xxx
Thanks guys Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:57 pm

woodwench wrote:Sorry about the Mollster's eye. Will you be able to control it so that she doesn't get soreness/infection because of the running?
Glad she got good tushiekins. I worry about Henry's teeth and the root Richard mentioned, and I worry about his weight and his (occasional) runny eye and I worry about coping with an emergency on a Bank Holiday ..... Hell, I'm always worrying about that darned rabbit, and does he worry about me? Does he Hell...... silent
I'll have to try! Although she took the drops easier than she takes me trying to wipe it Hmmm Hopefully she'll get used to it.

Haha I know what you mean! It feels like it's never ending doesn't it? No
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:01 pm

iiisecondcreep wrote:Aw thats a shame they can't fix it, but at I am glad to hear it is nothing serious Smile
Hopefully Junior will help her keep it clean Smile

KatieB wrote:Does junior clean it for her hun?
Junior does occasionally clean it for her, but they've never been a pair for grooming.

It's not bad every day. We seem to be having more good days than bad Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:32 pm

I am very pleased to hear that you have more good days than bad honey. Very Happy

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:14 am

Not ideal but at least it is nothing sinister so I guess it's positive outcome. Maybe a bigger portion of noms would help.Laughing

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:34 pm

I'm sure she'd like that idea Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:55 pm

Laughing Laughing

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:18 pm

Mixed bag of news there then eh? At least it's not too serious and her teeth are ok, though I'm sure you're still feeling deflated.

Hugs and nose rubs xx

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2