Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donut for Henry

+3
iiisecondcreep
KatieB
woodwench
7 posters

Go down

Donut for Henry Empty Donut for Henry

Post by woodwench Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:16 pm

I've never had a donut for any of my rabbits but I'm thinking of getting one for Henry.
He has had cosy cat beds and igloos but the best attention they got was a hop through.
I hate it that he won't snuggle on a bed of his own. Blankets are ignored and he just lies on the carpet. He won't even cosy up in the big (seed tray) bed of hay I have put out in the sitting room. The best he does is stretch out on a rug.
I'd love him to have his own comfort spot not just shift location from one side of the room to the other. So I wonder what other buns like. If your bun loves its donut does it also use (or once loved) another type of bed? And what stuffing would you recommend in a donut?
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Donut for Henry Empty Re: Donut for Henry

Post by KatieB Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:39 pm

I'm thinking of getting daisy one for crimbo so I'd be I retested to hear this too
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:40 pm

I got a donut from the hare apparent a couple of years ago which most bunnies seem to love, the one I got remains unused apart from having had a bit of a duffing up. I got MJ a big fluffy bed from Aldi a few weeks back that he has absolutely no interest in. He does lie on fleece/fluffy blankets but it seems to be more just because they are there he wants to lie rather than he wants to lie on them.

My OH gave Temperance one of his old shirts folded up and she really liked to lie on that. She also liked lying with her front end on anything rolled up.
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:35 pm

Holly tends to just prefer the settee or my bed.  It is the same with toys, she prefers an old cardboard box to any shop bought toy. Good luck love, I hope he likes his donut if you decide to get him one.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:57 pm

I got soundwave a cat bed he used it once he prefers to lie stretched out on top of his wooden house I got him and Miranda well she thinks she's a draft excluder for the living room door.
Xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:52 pm

Hmmm. Henry just peees on blankets.
Ignores towels and the like.
But... he rapes draught excluders! They're great fun!
The best things I've bought him are a one step plastic stool on which I fixed a square of carpet to prevent slipping, he will sit like a king on throne on that, lording it for hours; and he loves a damned noisy dumb-bell toy that he will play with in fits and starts and they usually coincide with something good on the telly that I want to concentrate on.
I'm wondering now if a donut wouldn't be another waste of money.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:55 am

Why don't you see if the charity shops have any or if you do decide to try one and he doesn't like it donate it to a shelter. Or sell it on here and see if any of our buns like it
Xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:28 am

I doubt I'd find a donut in a charity shop round here. This is Lincolnshire and in my area we are still struggling to come to terms with the 20th century, house rabbits are few and far between.
I'm headed down to the Ark tomorrow with a load of blankets, chews and coats for the dogs, food for the cats and several bags of burgess and treats and toys for the rabbits.... Henry's cat bed will make a homeless pussy happy tomorrow night and he won't even notice its gone.
Last night I was talking a friend who is quite a handy man and he's going to make Henry a mini sofa.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:39 am

He's going to have a wee sofa all to himself that is excellent., brilliant idea. I had seen a doggy daybed I was gonna get them for the living room
Xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:12 pm

Arra his own little sofa, that is lovely hun.  Holly tends to sit on the one opposite to Paul and I which only gets sat on when we have guests, so i suppose we can say she has her own little sofa to LOL!!

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:44 pm

Thumper loved a cozy bed to curl up in.

Molly and Junior... Not so much! I'm sure you can imagine No
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:46 pm

I hope he likes his sofa when it arrives because today he was not at all impressed with me.
As you will have seen, it's a year today since I brought him home from the Ark. So, to mark the event, and say Thank You to the Ark, my friend and I loaded up her car and took loads of goodies to the rescued animals there. And I had bought a couple of sacks of Burgess, enough hays/redigrass to fill three bin liners and then (and this is the part he disapproved of) I collected up and bagged all those toys and chewy things he has had and never bothered with and took them too. His cat bed went as well.
He went from being a spoilt, rich bun with surplus goods to a much lighter traveller and that on his gotcha day! So the sofa needs to please.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:48 pm

Donut got ignored by3 bunnies here. Vernon loves towels players with them rearranging and than settles next to it on the wooden floor. One favourite spot is the rug in the lounge. Both Vernon and D' Layla lay on the exact same spot. Bubbles doesn't come down stairs but loves to hop onto my bed . Whatever makes one feel comfy

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:37 pm

It is so nice when they have a choice like that.  Sometimes Holly will go to sleep on our bed (hers and mine) during the day too.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down