Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Molly & Junior were at the vet on Thursday

+3
JoeyBunsMum
gemma997
Thumper2001
7 posters

Go down

Molly & Junior were at the vet on Thursday Empty Molly & Junior were at the vet on Thursday

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:59 pm

On Thursday morning, Junior didn't want his breakfast and was being odd, running away from me etc. Not going to work was not an option so I did all I could to get him to eat something.  He took some fenugreek crunchie and a bit of banana but then I had to leave Sad

My mum was going to look in on them at 14:30 but I was sitting at my desk at 10:30 and decided I was wasting my time there anyway so went home to check on him. He was sitting huddled in the back corner of the pen and wouldn't even come to me, let alone take a crunchie!

I phoned the vet and they said they could see him at 14:50 but I explained I had to go back to work so they very kindly offered to admit them both there and then. For which I was very grateful!!! So I shot up the road with them where they gave him a quick examination and then I left.

They phoned after 14:00 and told me they could find absolutely nothing wrong with him, aside from a low temperature that they couldn't explain. He still hadn't eaten at this point. They said they'd discharge him home tonight because he'd be more likely to eat at home than there, which I agree with! And to take him back the following day if he was still off. (Or call out of hours if it got serious, of course!). They had given him metaclopromide, vit B12 and loxicom.

By the time I picked him up at 16:50, he was right as rain. Filling his face, beating up towels, pooping all over the place, temp back to normal.

They didn't even want to see him the following day unless I had any concerns.

I dropped them home, picked up the little guy and went food shopping. By the time I got home he had passed the most disgusting poop!! Yuk!! So we can only assume he had a belly ache!!! I had a bad feeling it was going to be teeth, but at the same time it would have knocked me for 6 because he eats hay constantly. He would pick it over veg!

They obviously had a great day out because they were bouncing off the walls that evening Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Molly & Junior were at the vet on Thursday Empty Re: Molly & Junior were at the vet on Thursday

Post by gemma997 Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:12 am

Glad he is OK now and they sound as if they had a party at the vets

Xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Molly & Junior were at the vet on Thursday Empty Re: Molly & Junior were at the vet on Thursday

Post by JoeyBunsMum Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Glad to read Junior is ok Smile Definitely sounds like a tummy issue, Joey often does those *delightful* poos after one of his episodes!

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:13 pm

We all know the restorative power of being able to have a good poo! Laughing glad he is feeling better.

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:43 pm

I am so pleased to hear this love, I can just imagine your relief. Hugs

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:21 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:We all know the restorative power of being able to have a good poo! Laughing  glad he is feeling better.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:12 am

Constipation is awful. I'm glad to hear all is resolved and the boy is back to cheeky normal.Thumbs Up

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:54 am

Suffering from IBS I can sympathise with dear Junior.
Is he (or Molly) moulting? Perhaps a bit of fur in his tum? Henry is well into moult mode and I'm worrying myself into an IBS attack in case he gets a furry tum again. Last summer he had what Alex described as a mat of fur lying like a rug in his tum (not an hair ball as such). It caused him pain and me anxiety.
So pleased Jnr is back to his old self. Is Molly considerate and loving toward him when he's poorly?
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:37 pm

Thanks for the update love, I hope they call soon.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:40 pm

Sorry hun, I am getting in a muddle again, that was meant for the other topic.  I am glad little Junior is getting better, please give them both a cuddle from their Auntie Jo Jo.

hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:52 pm

woodwench wrote:Suffering from IBS I can sympathise with dear Junior.
Is he (or Molly) moulting? Perhaps a bit of fur in his tum? Henry is well into moult mode and I'm worrying myself into an IBS attack in case he gets a furry tum again. Last summer he had what Alex described as a mat of fur lying like a rug in his tum (not an hair ball as such). It caused him pain and me anxiety.
So pleased Jnr is back to his old self. Is Molly considerate and loving toward him when he's poorly?
He wasn't moulting then but he is now! Unfortunately, Molly didn't seem to care at all! Poor lad No It might sound a bit mean but I think she lives in her own little world, where only she exists!!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:24 pm

Well, he is ONLY her brother... poor Junior, I feel for him.
Molly sounds like a Bulldozer Bun!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:45 pm

She also knows she has slaves.... she wont forget about them!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down