Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liver Lobe Torsion

5 posters

Go down

Liver Lobe Torsion Empty Liver Lobe Torsion

Post by c.bolduan Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:51 pm

Im not sure what but its cause of Death for Dillon.
The vet nurse called to let me know the outcome of pm.
She wasn't able to specify how much of risk if VHD 2 or not plays in
I will speak to Jason tonight and read up on this now
Have you ever heard of it?

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Liver Lobe Torsion Empty Re: Liver Lobe Torsion

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:59 pm

I have heard of liver torsions, yes.

I'm sure there was a bunny on here who passed away because of them. Could have been one of Sophia's? My memory isn't great!

I hope you're ok x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:31 pm

I've lost 2 rabbits to liver lobe torsion. The first was Izzy who had only been with me for 22 days.

The second was Anarchy who I lost in April this year, just devastating to lose him to this. Definitely not related to VHD, ironically Anarchy was vaccinated for VHD2, one of the first rabbits in the country to be vaccinated. He just seemed to be in stasis, I hadn't seen him for about 5 hours but rushed him to the vets as he was obviously in a lot of pain. He was taken into theatre straight after blood tests and x-rays but it was too late as the blood vessels had ruptured and he had lost too much blood.

There's some information on one of the tabs here but note the warning of pm pictures etc. https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/articles/sudden-or-unexpected-death

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:03 pm

I'm so broken. I only found him in the morning like that.
By the time I had arrived at vet they managed to get a trip up but unable to take bloods. He was to advanced. Wish I had kept him in his warren to pass to the bridge. But didn't know

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:13 pm

Aw Claudia Crying or Very sad I felt the exact same when Thumper died. She died in my arms in the car before we even made it out of my town. It bothered me for a long time.

But you know what? Neither of us were to know what would happen. They both only held on a short while but they could have went on for hours. We weren't to know. We do not have crystal balls.

I genuinely understand the distress you are feeling right now - I have been there! But please, you did absolutely nothing wrong. You did what you thought was for the best at that time - and that's all we can ever do.

Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Aw Claudia Crying or Very sad I felt the exact same when Thumper died. She died in my arms in the car before we even made it out of my town. It bothered me for a long time.

But you know what? Neither of us were to know what would happen. They both only held on a short while but they could have went on for hours. We weren't to know. We do not have crystal balls.

I genuinely understand the distress you are feeling right now - I have been there! But please, you did absolutely nothing wrong. You did what you thought was for the best at that time - and that's all we can ever do.

Hugs
Thanks it's just so difficult to get my head around. You know if they have been poorly one gets time to adjust to the idea of their passing. But so sudden ...
No haven't got a crystal ball and think I wouldn't want one either.
Just hope he wasn't in to much pain and enjoyed the time spend at Marsden warren

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:41 pm

Life sucks at times, these times being the worst. And believe me it's just as hard when they have been ill for a while... knowing what lay ahead for Henry didn't help make it easier, it just gave me seven months of dread and often something very akin to despair. The number of times I was on the verge of calling the vet only to have him rally. Then I did call Alex and it was all over and I keep asking myself: would he have rallied again ... could we have had a few more weeks together?
You did, as we all do ... you gave everything you could and then fate took over.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:45 pm

I am so sorry for your loss darling. We visited our friend who owns an Animal Sanctuary in Probus and there as a lady telling us how her 2 year old bunny just died one day for absolutely no reason. Apparently it was his heart. Life can be a ***** at times and I hope you are Ok love. Hugs

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down