Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PROGRESS

3 posters

Go down

PROGRESS Empty PROGRESS

Post by woodwench Thu May 04, 2017 9:48 am

After my email chat with Ros Lamb on Sunday I took the advice she gave, hardly able to believe I had been suckered in by the young rat-bag.
Ignoring him and blanking him worked!
The next day he was a different bun.
He did try it on a bit on Tuesday but instead of taking notice of his naughtiness I left the room and made a lot of noise tidying the cutlery drawer. He was there in a flash, so damned nosy he couldn't bear missing out!
I started doing things like that when ever he is getting too into something he shouldn't and when he comes I reward him with a tiny bit of fenugreek and "Good boy!".
Now he is coming when I call "Come Bootsie, good boy!"
He is also giving me nudges and I'm getting to fuss him. He's also 'helping' me clean his litter tray. In fact it was on Monday when cleaning his tray that we began to really bond.
He follows me from room to room now and I seldom have to defuse a potentially naughty incident.
We still have a ways to go and I daren't leave him in a room unattended for more than a few minutes, but we are making progress and I'm starting clicker training.
Things are so different to a week ago when I wanted to shoot the little blighter!

Last edited by woodwench on Thu May 04, 2017 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

PROGRESS Empty Re: PROGRESS

Post by gemma997 Thu May 04, 2017 12:31 pm

So glad things have calmed down.
Just took time to settle together

Xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri May 05, 2017 8:54 am

This is great news hunni, he is now behaving like a proper pet. Thanks for the update. Very Happy

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri May 05, 2017 9:14 am

He still has his moments, Jo.
It's an ongoing training thing at the moment. He still tries it on and I have to blank him, but it's livable with.
And the fuss thing is making progress. He doesn't linger very long for strokes.. there's always some potential trouble to check out. And face touching is still no-go. Lot's of work to be done.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun May 07, 2017 2:47 pm

It sounds as if you have love but I am sure you will get there in the end. He is trying to be boss and you must show him that you are. All my bunnies without exception have loved having their noses stroked. Perhaps you could start with that. Thanks for the updates hunni.

Hugs
Jo xx Very Happy

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon May 08, 2017 1:57 am

Noses are a no-go at the mo, Jo!
Sorry, that just came out as a rhyme.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon May 08, 2017 8:55 am

Ha ha, oh well lovey, maybe in time.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon May 08, 2017 10:44 am

I left the cage open last night and shut both the dining room doors so he was confined to that room only and free to be in or out of the cage. No damage done, not that there is much in there that he could hurt. Best of all NO BAR CHEWING!
His bar chewing has had me worried, scared he would damage his teeth. Now, if all goes well with free roaming that room I will soon be able to dispense with the pen and keep the crate as his "base" and a secure place to pop him in if needed ... like next month I shall have the chimney sweep doing our chimneys and he won't want Reboot helping him!
I'm not sure if it's because he had more liberty last night but so far today he hasn't been as manic as he usually is most of the morning.
Things are quite peaceful here this morning ..... so far!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue May 09, 2017 9:02 am

I am glad you are getting some peace at last love and that he has stopped chewing his bars. If he is anything like my bunny and the ones I have had in the past, a visitor doing something like chimney cleaning has to be thoroughly investigated lol. Thanks for the updates. Very Happy

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Tue May 09, 2017 9:58 am

Yes, Jo. I remember Henry "investigating" the BT engineer and jumping on his back and PEEING on him!
I think the Sweep would awaken an interest in chimneys in Reboot, and once this bun is interested in something he never lets up. He would be up my chimneys like a rat up a drainpipe! Everyday as well no doubt.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed May 10, 2017 4:37 pm

Oh no Woodwench love, what did he say? I must admit I am sitting here chuckling. Oh dear, yes the chimney would have to be investigated once he knew it was there. Good luck hun Very Happy

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Wed May 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Well, things go FAST where Reboot is concerned.
A few hours after my last post the little varmint had another go at attacking my feet (not aggressively) and he bit a chunk out of my suede leather moccasin. I spoke to Ros Lamb and we agreed his behavior is attention seeking but to be sure there was nothing physical behind it I had him checked by the vet this morning and he was given the OK.
I came home and rang Anne McBride and we had a long chat about his behavior (35 mins to a mobile, don't want my next phone bill) and she is helping me sort him (hopefully).
I am still worried because when he bit my slipper yesterday he went on to do some biting and digging that was very deliberate to annoy me and a really yelled at him and threatened to murder him (I'd reached the end of my tether after nearly two weeks of being run ragged). He's rather subdued and sulky at the moment but he has approached me and taken a treat from me.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu May 11, 2017 3:15 pm

Oh the naughty little boy, taking a chunk out of mum's shoe but I am glad he is OK. He sounds very tiring at the moment hunny but I think it is a try on and he needs to know who is boss. I am just sorry he is being problematic at the moment as you don't need it. I think subdued and sulky may well mean that he is calming down and it is god that he is taking treats from you. I hope he is starting to recognise you as the head of the burrow. Thanks for the updates love, please keep us informed.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Thu May 11, 2017 9:30 pm

Anne McBride as taken us on and she has set me a 3 point plan for the week and so far he is doing well. I know it's a long time until next Thursday but we have just had the best 36 hours of our relationship so far. He is VERY clever, the Einstein of rabbits just as Anne McBride said he was. He learns a lot fast than I do.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri May 12, 2017 3:53 pm

I am so pleased to hear this news lovey and I had a feeling he was going to be a bunny genius. My friend has one and she is manic and also very clever. Apparently my friend can see her working things out. I am glad you are starting to enjoy your relationship now and that you have support from Anne. Ha ha, I have had many animals who were smarter than me hun Laughing

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri May 12, 2017 9:15 pm

He had a wee blip this morning and went a bit manic. It was when I was on the phone to Ros Lamb. I have this form to fill in from Anne McBride and its a PDF job and though I have managed to fill it in I can't seem to send it back. I've tried a couple of times with no success, Anne gets it but can't open it. So I was getting a bit het-up about it and Ros was trying to talk me through it. Reboot was there and I think he picked up on my stress and reacted with blatant naughtiness. He's calm enough now. I'm sure he picks up on my moods.
I do hope I've got that questionnaire sent correctly now, I haven't got a printer so I can't print it off and fill it in to post back. I don't know who has a printer near me either.
Oh, the joys of Rabbit Ownership!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat May 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Those pdf things are a pain hunni and very frustrating. I hope Anne manages to open it at last when it reaches her.

I think it is very possible that Reboot was picking up on your stress, animals do, they are very susceptible to our moods. Holly always seems to know exactly how I am feeling.

That is a pain not having a printer, if I lived near you would be so welcome to use mine.

Ha ha yes, being bunny mummies can have its moments!!!

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat May 13, 2017 10:01 pm

Loathe to write this just in case I jinx things, but Reboot as had three good days. He responds to "Leave!" and hasn't been actively seeking trouble. In fact he's been a model bun.
I'm on permanent Trouble Alert!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun May 14, 2017 8:47 pm

That is wonderful hunni, I am so pleased. Everything crossed here too.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun May 14, 2017 8:47 pm

That is wonderful hunni, I am so pleased. Everything crossed here too.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun May 14, 2017 10:57 pm

He tried it on several times throughout the morning and had me getting a wee bit stressed and it was sure good when he lay down for his afternoon rest after four hours of winding me up.
He's okay tonight but what will the morning bring? Mornings are usually the worst.
Can't wait to talk to Anne McBride on Wed. to get her opinion.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down