Reboot results

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reboot results

Post by woodwench on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:41 am

It was a long morning but when I finally got on the phone to Alex I was astounded at what he told me.
All the bloods were spot on and Reboot has a cholesterol count to die for! He said thought there was a thickening of the bowel but he couldn't be sure, it may have been a shadow, so we have to go back at the end of next week and have an ultra sound of his tum to get a better picture when he's over the poor feeding of the last few days and eating better!
It was the cause of all this worry that astounded me .... Reboot has a broken leg!
Not a clean fracture where the leg is swinging and useless obviously but a hairline fracture running diagonally across one of the knobby bits of the head of the femur in his right leg. It is a 'stable' fracture and there's no movement, he doesn't need a cast, but it is painful. Alex thinks he's done it jumping off something or landing on a hard floor after an exceptionally exuberant binky!
He's on 0.7 of Loxicom once a day, plus 0.2 of Cisapride twice a day to help his gut recovery and we're trying to get him to take crushed papaya on his nuggets (so far without success).
He has got to take it quiet for 6 to 8 weeks (some chance) to let the fracture heal.
I slept on the hearth rug with him again last night having blocked all the things he could jump up on. However when I woke up and looked for him he was on top of the foot stool I'd put in my armchair to keep him out. Check out my avatar ... that's what I saw!

Recovery is going to be slow.... he was ok last night when he got home full of pain killer, still feeling those waves of anesthetic, and between waves he ate a little but now both are wearing off and he's not wanting to eat. He's even refusing a mini shreddie which bodes ill for me dosing him with Loxicom this afternoon. But, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3681
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Reboot results

Post by jolovesbunnies on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:20 am

In a way that must be such a relief for you hunni, once his little leg is better you will see the old Reboot back again. So that is what has made him behave as he has. Recovery is slow with broken limbs darling, both in people and animals Thank you for the updates.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11569
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:30 am

He hid that well.
 Thank goodness yous got to the bottom off it. 
What a wee character your gonna have the next 8weeks of a terror bunny cause if he anything like mine he will make ypu work lol

Xxx
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:20 am

This morning just getting him to eat is a game. I have put his cisapride in a shreddie and guess what .... he no longer likes them, they stink they are foul, they are VET food.
Everything he hates is VET! it's his favourite swear word now.
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:42 am

Check my avatar. The patient recovering in comfort in my armchair at 3-30 this morning.... me? I'm relegated to the floor.
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:55 am

Awww poor wee thing must be absloute torment for him having to relax. 
He is so cute 

Xx
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:11 am

It's hard work when the Loxicom is at it's most effective. As it starts to wear off he's not such an handful but then he plays the old wounded soldier and wants sympathy treats. You can see in the avatar pic how he is holding that hind leg.
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:13 am

Oh bless him with his painful little leggy and I am glad he is getting to be a handful again. It is such a relief that you welcome any naughtiness lol! Very Happy

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!

How is the patient?
Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 13287
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:26 pm

He is not happy being told to rest.
The pain killer makes him feel ok and he wants to play. You know what buns are like.... Friday he went overboard and ran off with a mighty kicking up of his hinders and a few minutes later, when I was telling him how silly he was to do that when he did a pop-corn-binky ... straight up in the air off the spot with an almighty binky kick.
Needless to say he was very quiet yesterday an today he's been taking things steady again.
He's eating ok and I'm getting his meds into him via mini shredded wheat and toast, not an ideal addition to a regular diet but trying to syringe orally is out... he'd end up with a really damaged leg.
Another 6 or 7 weeks of this will see me insane!
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:52 am

Oh bless him, he is overdoing it and feeling tired the next day, I think we have all been guilty of that lol! We think we are much better and the next day we are feeling all achy again. Thanks for the updates love.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down