Reboot Emergency Vet

Go down

Reboot Emergency Vet

Post by woodwench on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:12 pm

Rushed him to the vet at 7-15 tonight. He couldn't poo.
On examination his stomach is distended but not hard... felt more like a balloon, His temperature is a bit low as well. Alex thought the early stage of bloat but with his recent history he X-rayed him, gave him an ultra sound; but little showed to cause the problem. He's kept him overnight and is giving fluids and a precautionary anti-biotic and is monitoring him.
This has nothing to do with his leg injury and we now know it wasn't ever connected to that, it's an entirely different thing.

I'm scared!
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3842
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Reboot Emergency Vet

Post by gemma997 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:44 am

Hunny thinking of you. 
Get well soon reboot..

Xxxx
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:51 am

I have to ring at 9 to find out what's happening. Haven't slept. Got up at 5-30.
And I found out last night that his vet, Alex, is leaving the practice and he is the best vet in the area as far as I am concerned. He is so good, he listens and he cares.
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:40 am

Spoken to Alex a few minutes ago. Reboot had a reasonably comfortable night. Alex did urine sample checks and thinks maybe he has a bladder infection. He flushed his bladder and gave him anti-biotics for it.
Reboot pooed during the night but nothing spectacular, on X-rays this morning there were poos forming and moving through. But we feel there is an underlying stomach/gut problem that is intermittent which is causing the poo issues. So he is going to get in touch with Richard Saunders.
Reboot is still under observation and I ring back at 1 pm. Hopefully he will come home tonight.
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:59 am

I am so sorry that you are both having such a wretched time as bunny and bunny mum, I really hope he is home by tonight too love. Please do keep us updated.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11810
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Any news?
Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 13384
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:45 pm

He's home. Collected him about 4 this afternoon and he has been sitting beside his hay box since about 5. He's been eating hay most of the evening so far.... like three minutes eating, five minutes resting and he's actually drunk some water! I've never seen him drink so much or eat so much hay. He had a few sprigs of parsley as well but it's been mainly hay.

Alex has sent all his X-rays, bloods and case history off to Richard Saunders to see if he can shed some light on what's going on as there is nothing showing up on anything. This morning he did another X-ray so RS as three different ones to compare and he also flushed his bladder as he thought it looked rather big, but his pee was fine and there was no sign of sludge or stones.
It is one of those mysteries rabbits love throwing at us. But the way he's been eating hay tonight is very encouraging ... though, being a dyed in the wool pessimist I'm not reading too much into it.
He is now on Cisapride twice a day, Loxicom once a day and Baytril once a day.... starting tomorrow.
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:26 am

I am glad he is home with you love and is eating and drinking. I am a born pessimist too telling myself that this way I don't get disappointed but I still do if things don't turn out well. I hope the xrays bring good news.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:12 pm

He's had a quiet day. Eaten little but I did manage to get all his meds into him ... thank goodness for min shredded wheat!
He's pooed but nothing spectacular and it didn't show how much hay he ate last night. He went to use his proper litter tray this evening, he went in his hay tray after coming home till tonight.
I expect (hope) to hear from Alex tomorrow and find out what Richard Saunders thinks.
I'm not holding my breath... he's far from right yet.
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:32 am

You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers sweetie. Thank you for the updates.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Poor boy Sad I hope he's feeling better soon, and that the vet gets back to you quickly x
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1318
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:08 am

How is he hunni?

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:53 am

Hard to say Jo and I don't want to jinx things so just keep your fingers crossed (and all other crossable things as well).
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:32 pm

Everything crossed indeed love. Hugs

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:42 pm

Hope Reboot is doing good Smile
Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 13384
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Take a look at my avatar pic .... that's what I wake up to every morning after a night on the hearth rug .... his Lordship in my armchair looking down on his subject.
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:52 pm

And so ot should be king reboot the fluff king 

Ha ha ha 

Xxx
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench on Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 pm

He's in a bit of discomfort tonight. He has been doing ok since Wed last week but I think he may have over done it today.
I noticed him stretching today... stretching his back legs and when he does that they tend to slip away from him and I think that action aggravates his injured leg. He is eating and pooing ok and taking his meds. I shall have to collect some more meds tomorrow. hopefully enough to see him through for a couple of weeks. Alex, his vet, has now left the practice and I admit I shed a tear when we said "Goodbye" this morning. He rang me with the results of his consult with Richard Saunders who could find no cause for the gut issues from the X-rays, ultra sound and bloods. It does point to it being as a result of the pain from the fracture. Now I have to find the right level of Loxicom to keep him reasonably comfortable but not so comfy he wants to play, just enough to keep his appetite ok. Tricky!
I wish Alex hadn't gone.
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:08 am

Sorry about alex. 
Hopefully now you can get him on the mend without worrying about something underlying. 
Hope he gets well soon. Poor little fluff 
Still camt get over he fractires his leg, what a bun. 

Xxx
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:40 am

I am sorry to hear about Alex too love, why has he left? I am glad he is eating sweetie and those prayers and crossed fingers are still here.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:56 am

Alex is young and with a wife and new baby and I think (guessing actually) that he wants to be somewhere where he can spend more time with them. The practice had 3 vets at this time last year, one left in March and no replacement could be found which piled the work on the 2 remaining vets and after 9 months I think Alex felt it was time to find somewhere where there was less pressure. I may be wrong, it's only a guess.
I'm just wondering how long Richard, the remaining vet and practice owner, can keep going when he needs 2 more vets on staff. Already the vultures are gathering.... the old practice I was with that has 5 vets has stopped doing farm stock to concentrate on pets and I think that's to draw Richard's patients away (he's always been pets only practice). If he can't deal with the the daily work load, including out of hours, then they will benefit and probably force him out of business. If that is the case then it's a bad day for the towns animals as Richard is a great vet and the "old" practice I refer to is a "money-first" practice.
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:43 am

Oh I see. I hate these "money first" practices, unfortunately, there are too many of them about. I really hope they don't force him out Woodwench love, they sound like a right bunch!

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down