Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REBOOT

5 posters

Go down

REBOOT Empty REBOOT

Post by woodwench Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:30 pm

At four minutes past eleven on 5th October 2018 Reboot slipped quietly away as I stroked his face.
He had been poorly for four months and finally on Sunday 23rd September things became really bad and he was in a lot of pain, unable to wee or poo. The out of hours vets were useless and just said to give 0.7 Loxicom and wait a couple of hours and give again if no improvement. I had him at his own vet the next morning and he was hospitalised. Then on Tuesday 25th September he was taken to Animates Clinic, seventy-five miles away and put under the care of their exoctics department. There he was on a cocktail of ten different drugs for most of his stay and given laser treatment everyday. He came home yesterday, 4th October, and we hoped he would recover some strength over the rest of the month before the next step ... either a CT scan at Cambridge or exploratory surgery to determine what the mass in his abdomen was.
He was quiet when he got home. Took his meds well mid-evening and was even playing with his toys later. But I got up this morning to find him straining to wee and not eating. He was very subdued and and I got him to the vet as soon as I could. After a long discussion with Andrew, his vet, we both agreed he had had enough. He had been in so much pain and so unhappy for so long and faced a life on meds where he wouldn't be able to do all the cheeky rabbity things he loved.
He had suffered enough.
So we set him free!
He was the cleverest rabbit. He learned so quickly and under the guidance of Dr Anne McBride he became a real star. He would dance little binkies when told to "Rock da Rabbit!". He went to check both smoke alarms when told, "Check da Tech!". He knew to go to my right or left when told and to, or go round the back to either side on command. He would pick out individual treats from a selection when told. He was learning to hop an obstacle course when taken ill at the beginning of June. In total he knew thirty-one commands, phrases and tricks. He would have learnt so much more given the chance.

He was clever, brave and my wonderful boy.

Richard Adams wrote a short poem in his second Watership Down book. I adapted it to put on Bootsie's casket:
A rabbit so clever
As blue as the sky
Rabbits forever
A rabbit am I.

He was my Einstein rabbit. This is his song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn8jPj9g_CM&list=RDrn8jPj9g_CM&index=1
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

REBOOT Empty Re: REBOOT

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:02 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Absolutely gutted for you, Woodwench. I have no words.

Reboot was certainly a clever little fella.

Sleep well, Einstein rabbit xxx
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:04 pm

I can only imagine how you’re feeling right now. You two went through so much together.

My heart sank when that email came through saying there was a new post in the rainbow bridge section.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:22 pm

That tune has such a rabbity-hoppity beat and he was an Einstien amongst rabbits.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:26 pm

I am so very sorry
Binky free little fella

Xxxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:25 pm

I am so sorry, RIP Reboot Hugs xx

Gayle
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:43 am

i am so very sorry sweetie, I have been very ill. he is at rainbow bridge now, waiting for you. Hugs

hugs jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down