Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Gone

4 posters

Go down

All Gone Empty All Gone

Post by woodwench Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:18 pm

On Wed. (31st Oct) I contacted the vet and asked if they knew of anyone wanted all Reboots things.
I had offered it all to the Ark, the rescue where I found him, but they couldn't collect it and I don't have a car. So I asked if anyone at the practice knew of anyone with rescue/d rabbits and they rang back the next day saying they had three people with rescued rabbits who would love to share things between them. One was the practices senior nurse, Sarah, and she came yesterday morning and loaded up the car.
She was delighted. There was approx. £80 worth of hay, 2 unopened boxes of hay cakes, an unopened box of Fibre First, 2 new chill 'n' chew mats, 6 packs of dried dandelion, 4 packs of dried plantain, 3 packs dried raspberry leaves, a pack dried nettle, a pack willow twigs, 4 packs willow bark, 2 packs fenugreek crunchies,  2 tubs Avipro probiotic supplement, an unopened pack Advantage flea/bug treatment, a new 32mil bottle Loxicom, 2 tubes Fibreplex, a tub of Protexin Profibre nuggets, a half pack of protexin probiotic supplements (the ones that look like fenugreek crunchies), a new bag Science Selective nuggets, half a sack of Burgess adult nuggets and a dozen or so packs of various treats. They also took a half sack of Megazorb and several fleeces and one brand new vet fleece, a mircowave heat pad and a new Pet Remendy electric heat sheet that arrived from Amazon the day he died, and Henry's nebuliser. There was also a carrier bag with various cleaning sprays and deodorizers and 2 bottles of F10 disinfectant. Plus a carrier containing several of his toys like a bell-ball and a birch log that he loved stuffed with hay.
All told about £200 worth of stuff ... nearly all the usual amount of stuff owned by one rabbit. Seeing it all filling up her car Sarah was a bit surprised that one bun could possess so much.
I kept the crate/cage, the pen that attaches to it, an unopened sack of megazorb, all his dishes, his travel box and favourite fleece and his favourite toy. I don't plan on ever getting another rabbit (too old and too heart-broken) but I figure keeping those things is an insurance that I WON'T get one. In the past, after Lil Loll, I got rid of everything and five months later got Henry; then after Henry I got rid again and six months later got Boots.... now, with the basics in place I figure I won't be tempted to get another ... strange thinking but then I'm not really thinking very straight at the present time.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

All Gone Empty Re: All Gone

Post by iiisecondcreep Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:34 pm

What a very generous thing to do xx
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:45 am

i bet she was very pleased lovey, what a lovely thing to do.

hugs jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Heart breaking but an amazing thing to do.

Xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down