Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wildies and Co.

2 posters

Go down

Wildies and Co. Empty Wildies and Co.

Post by woodwench Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:52 am

I always feed the birds in winter. Usually I will have stopped by now but this year I continued to ground feed because I have collected a lovely fammily of rabbits, squirrels and mice.
I first notice the rabbits feeding on the wild bird mix back in Feb. and began to watch them from my sick bed. There was a very splendid doe with six young that were from two litters. Soon a third litter emerged and then a fourth (she looks nearly ready to pop out a fifth!). It's been great watching their daily feasting and I've found a friend in one young bun from her second litter. It is a small (seems to have stopped growing at a quarter size) bun and I call it TimTim. When I go out to feed I always call TimTim and she comes running. Course I now add carrot, parsnip broccoli etc to the bird mix and I'm getting some terrific wild rabbit photos.
My squirrel numbers have always been high but they are swarming now! I have one tailless boy and twin babies with white tails. The squirrel action is fun to watch ... their language could do with cleaning up though.
I also have a pair of wood mice who are providing some nice photographs and are very cute. But it's TimTim who seems to be the most photographed.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Wildies and Co. Empty Re: Wildies and Co.

Post by iiisecondcreep Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:32 pm

That sounds wonderful, can you post some pictures of your garden friends?

I've stopped even feeding the birds because the magpies, jack daws and starling flock to the feeders and they are emptied within 24hrs Sad I need to start again, I miss seeing all the little birds.
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:18 am

It costs me a fortune in bird food .... hundreds of pounds a year; at the moment I'm just ground feeding a song bir d mix and it's costing me £50 a month!
I can only post pics on my avatar. I wish HH would allow us to up load from our PC's like most other sites that I visit. I've got some great photos.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum