Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bedroom Area of Hutch

+4
Catsknickers
becky
Happy Hoppers
fluffiebunnie
8 posters

Go down

Bedroom Area of Hutch Empty Bedroom Area of Hutch

Post by fluffiebunnie Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:40 am

I am trying to make the hutch warmer for Twinkle and Sparkle now it is getting colder, but whatever I put in the bedroom area gets ripped and thrown out.... I have tried hay, newspaper, vet bed, shredded paper etc with or without a tray..... every morning it has been thrown out and even thrown downstairs and further into the run below.... the run this morning is full of shredded paper from the bedroom two floors up Laughing

I think it is Sparkle that is doing this as it is a new problem and he is a new bunny... why would he do this? Why cant I keep the bedroom snug for the bunnies?

What do you recommend people for having a warm safe area?
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 913
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Bedroom Area of Hutch Empty Re: Bedroom Area of Hutch

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:11 pm

None of mine use the bedroom area to sleep in but you could try a cardboard box with a hole in the front lined with towels and hay....they may find it harder to throw everything about if they have to manouver it out of a small hole.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:58 pm

Have you tried filling it very high? Like this Embarassed

Bedroom Area of Hutch DSC00822

I find if I half fill it they take it all into the run and pee on it, but if its almost to the top they burrow inside and sleep in there Laughing

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:14 pm

Wow that is some filling... if I wasn't having such a job of getting hold of hay I would try that.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:22 pm

becky wrote:Have you tried filling it very high? Like this Embarassed

Bedroom Area of Hutch DSC00822

I find if I half fill it they take it all into the run and pee on it, but if its almost to the top they burrow inside and sleep in there Laughing

ROFL that is so funny, certainly looks very snug though Laughing
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:48 pm

OMG Becky that is FAB I might try it with all the buns I have here, will have to wait though till I can get another bail of Hay Very Happy
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 638

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:01 pm

I have the same with Rhia hun & have finally found a soloution!! Very Happy I have some of the cheap vet bed stuff (Proper vetbed/profleece is too thick..) a bit bigger than the sleeping compartment, and put bricks round the edge to stop it being dug up. Then I have a cardboard crisp box in there with holes cut out of it & fill the whole thing with straw & hay - She does quite like it in there, but even if she doesnt choose to spend time in there Im happy that she has somewhere warm to go Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:09 pm

I only did it once because I can't store a whole bale of hay, what wont go in the hay bin is either stuffed in the hutches or wasted Laughing Then I seen them sleeping in the middle so I just do it all the time now x

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714

Back to top Go down

Post by K8s Buns Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi all - i'm new to this site Wave and have a question I have a year old single storey 5ft hutch which was given to me by a friend, but it doesn't have a bedding area, it only has a small box only big enough for one bun. I put lots of hay in but because there's no specific sectioned area to keep it in it all just gets kicked about, what's the best way to keep them warm this winter (i do have a quilt and a waterproof sheet over them) I am thinking about buying a new hutch but again not sure which is the best. Hmmm
K8s Buns
K8s Buns
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:36 pm

K8s Buns wrote:Hi all - i'm new to this site Wave and have a question I have a year old single storey 5ft hutch which was given to me by a friend, but it doesn't have a bedding area, it only has a small box only big enough for one bun. I put lots of hay in but because there's no specific sectioned area to keep it in it all just gets kicked about, what's the best way to keep them warm this winter (i do have a quilt and a waterproof sheet over them) I am thinking about buying a new hutch but again not sure which is the best. Hmmm

Hi, welcome to the forum! Maybe you should start a new thread about hutches - you'd get a better response that way. I have no idea about hutches, I'm afraid, I have a naughty house bunny, lol!
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down