Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I give up, another rabbit at the vets.

5 posters

Go down

I give up, another rabbit at the vets. Empty I give up, another rabbit at the vets.

Post by Babybunnies4 Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:28 am

On friday, I *thought* things were getting better between Dumpling and Treacle (see link for original thread)
https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/the-infirmary-f3/bunnies-being-naughty-t292.htm
They were really good Friday, no scuffles in the morning then when I went to bed all 3 were cuddled up together.
Saturday i got up and there was lots of fur in the run, so I checked the fur first so if I found any skin i would know there was a wound I would have to find (I would've checked them anyway not just left them).
I found this piece of fur and skin but it looked really strange and I couldn't work out what it was, then it suddenly dawned on me..............I had a piece of ear in my hand Shocked Crying or Very sad
Treacle had bitten a chunk out of the tip of Dumplings ear.

So off to the vet, she's had antinflamitary (sp) painkiller and antibiotics that she had sat, yesterday and today, we're back at the vets this afternoon for a check up.
The vet said the problem with it is Treacle had scraped the skin off the top of the ear before she bit through it so it may not be able to heal on its own, so she may have to have an op to trim that bit of ear and stitch it up.

So now I'm worse than before, I now have 1 pair and 2 singles and yes I'm feeling a bit sorry for Dumpling and me Sad
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

I give up, another rabbit at the vets. Empty Re: I give up, another rabbit at the vets.

Post by Boblets Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:33 am

Awww I am sorry, when I tried to bond my rainbow bridge bun Russel with Rocky Russel bit Rocky's ear too and ate the chuck Shocked Pretty sure he did it to look Tough!! I wish I had some other advice coz I gave up.... If I recall Sooz is good with this kinda stuff!?!?
Boblets
Boblets
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

I give up, another rabbit at the vets. Empty Re: I give up, another rabbit at the vets.

Post by buddabun Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:20 pm

It will heal Hmmm

Charlie managed to rip a chunk off a friend's rabbit's ear (in fairness, Sponge was attacking Charlie, the smaller, neutered male) and my friend KEPT IT, DRIED IT OUT and wanted to make a necklace out of it Shocked

needless to say we weren't friends for long (due to other reasons, I'm not quite that shallow).
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Babybunnies4 Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:32 pm

buddabun wrote:It will heal Hmmm

Charlie managed to rip a chunk off a friend's rabbit's ear (in fairness, Sponge was attacking Charlie, the smaller, neutered male) and my friend KEPT IT, DRIED IT OUT and wanted to make a necklace out of it Shocked

needless to say we weren't friends for long (due to other reasons, I'm not quite that shallow).

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Faunus Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:43 pm

I'm sure Dumpling will be OK Very Happy I am also sure that bonding is more stressful for us than it is for the buns. Sad

Good Luck
Faunus
Faunus
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.bmdshare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:55 pm

Helen that is awful??!?!?! Babybunnies... some times it feels like its always going wrong and bunnies sure like to be difficult! Hugs xxxxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down