Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabbit thumping continually, any advice?

4 posters

Go down

Rabbit thumping continually, any advice? Empty Rabbit thumping continually, any advice?

Post by senatorvass Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:01 pm

I dont really want to link to it as I worry that breaks some rules or something but copied & pasted off a non-rabbit forum:

"Last year one of our neighbours (our garden backs onto his road) came round and told us that he had heard a lot of noise in the night and it was some stray dogs trying to break down our fence to get to the rabbit. We moved the hutch from the end of the garden to just outside our bedroom window so further from his house.

He then came around one morning at 7.30am just as we were getting up and the kids ready for school complaining that they had been kept awake all week due to her thumping. He had been round at 4am but couldn't wake us up (though the kids were up really early that morning). He wasn't happy.

That weekend we were away so mil came round and she actually slept in the conservatory right next to the hutch and didn;t hear anything.

I occasionally hear the odd thump and scuttle if womething disturbs her (like me going out to the the shed last thing at night) or someone being around on the car park that backs onto that part of the garden. However I mostly just hear noise from the birds or car engines on the next road or another neighbours flagpole you know.

Anyway he came round again yesterday complaining and demanding we do something about it. He said that every time he hears her he will come round and knock us up. He suggested putting her hutch inside the shed!

What can we do? We have checked with our next door neighbour and next door but one neighbour and they don't hear a thing."

How can this be???? I dont understand. I have just posted asking if the rabbit gets plenty of exercise wondering if she is in a hutch all day if she is flipping around like a loon at night but even so I cant imagine it being THAT loud! What do you think?

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Rabbit thumping continually, any advice? Empty Re: Rabbit thumping continually, any advice?

Post by senatorvass Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:33 pm

I kindly, and not at all pushily ask the poster in question if she wanted some advice because as it unfolded it appeared the rabbit was in a hutch without run etc and she was really lovely about it and happy for me to talk to her about it so I wrote an ABC's of rabbit care and posted it - I havent heard back though I think I might have scared her off!

But still as it transpires the rabbit hutch was in her garden and then there was a whole length of garden AND small road between the hutch and the complaining neighbour - so it still boggles the mind HOW this rabbit could thump so loudly to keep him up at night!!!!

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Rabbit thumping continually, any advice? Empty Re: Rabbit thumping continually, any advice?

Post by Lynda Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:45 pm

Simple, set up an indoor hutch in the conservatory for her overnight and put her outdoors in the morning Smile
Lynda
Lynda
Rescuer

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2008-08-01

http://www.bunnyhugger.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:53 pm

This was suggested but she is against the idea for various reasons. Either way it doesnt solve the mystery of how the man can hear this rabbit, and also the problem of the rabbit getting the healthiest lifestyle possible.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:04 pm

I suspect he can't and he is a grumpy old man
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:30 pm

it is mad though isnt it.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:56 pm

senatorvass wrote:it is mad though isnt it.

Sure is! Shocked Shocked
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kitkatmoo Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:45 pm

My OH is kept awake at night by my bun thumping outside in the garden even with the double glazed window closed. I wear earplugs so don't hear him! Very Happy It's possible the man can hear him I guess, I'm just waiting for my neighbours to complain to be fair.

Having said that I have no suggestion as to how to stop him - if I did I'd have done it to my own!
kitkatmoo
kitkatmoo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down