Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Rabbit with 66 ins Apex Run and "Hutch"

+2
Happy Hoppers
Josephine
6 posters

Go down

Free Rabbit with 66 ins Apex Run and "Hutch" Empty Free Rabbit with 66 ins Apex Run and "Hutch"

Post by Josephine Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:25 pm

I have just seen an advert in our local paper with an offer of a free rabbit worth £25 when you buy an Apex Run and "Hutch" Mad Shocked Mad for £64.99. You also get a bag of hay, straw, rabbit bowl and a water bottle thrown in for good measure. No
The offer is available from a new pet superstore* which opened a few weeks ago in Exeter. There is a picture of the apex run with a sheltered bit at the end, so I phoned the store to confirm that this was what they were classing as a "Run and Hutch" and to my horror it is. The chap who answered the phone quite happily told me that it was a 66 inch run and hutch, I am sure he thought I should be impressed. HBWS HBWS HBWS
I am not sure what to do, as I am no good at confrontation, I wonder if the RSPCA would tell them that this accomodation is not acceptable for a rabbit. No No No

Last edited by Sooz on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *Store name removed)
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Free Rabbit with 66 ins Apex Run and "Hutch" Empty Re: Free Rabbit with 66 ins Apex Run and "Hutch"

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:03 pm

Perhaps you could download some of the RWA pamphlets from their website and send them to the store with a cover letter detailing your concerns. I think the RSPCA have some literature on housing on their websites which you could also quote in he letter.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Free Rabbit with 66 ins Apex Run and "Hutch" Empty Re: Free Rabbit with 66 ins Apex Run and "Hutch"

Post by Josephine Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:17 pm

OOPS sorry about naming the store Sooz Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I can be a numpty at times.
Anyway I have contacted the RSPCA and they are going to investigate. Although, strictly speaking, it is not illegal, they think it is very irresponsible of the store to give the impression that the Run and "hutch" combo pictured is suitable permanent accomodation. It is not only too small but the covered part is not raised off the ground, so would get very damp and dirty inside in the rain. They are also concerned that as they are giving the bunnies away free that they may have a glut and they want to check that they are being kept in favourable conditions. I will keep you posted.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:29 pm

Well spotted Jomart. Hope they nip this bargain offer in the bud.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Well done for being proactive and I hope the RSPCA do take action. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:46 am

Good on you Jo - the cheek of the store! xx
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:58 pm

well done you Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum