Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snowflake - gorgeous 9 year old dog - Surrey

4 posters

Go down

Rehomed Snowflake - gorgeous 9 year old dog - Surrey

Post by AnnaT Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:14 pm

Contact/organisation details: r Furry Friends in Old Coulsdon. Please email Adrs@aol.com or call Emma on 020 8407 1080/0797 356 9371.
Does the animal have rescue back up?: Yes
Type/Breed/Variety:Staffie x
Sex: Female
Age(s): 9 years old
Name(s): Snowflake
Neutered: Yes
Reason for rehoming: Came into my rescue two years ago. She came in from Yorkshire and had been picked up as a stray and never claimed and was due to be put to sleep. She was the last one on the list who had not been helped. She is in foster care, however the carer cannot look after her for much longer so we need to find her a new home quickly.
Transport available: Yes. Please ask.
Other:Snowflake was not an easy job to start with. She came in as a very scared little girl and needed a huge amount of confidence building. She was trialled at a foster home, but was returned for guarding the wife too much. That was when it was decided that she would have to stay here for a couple of months to improve her social skills. She stayed with me for about three months and was mixed with other dogs, cats, children and strangers.
The problem with Snowflake is that she is an obvious abuse case. She can be handshy, but with her handler and once she has gained your trust she is one of the nicest dog that I know. I adore this dog. She loves me and I have no problems with her at all. In my opinion she is easy to handle, has fantastic recall and is so tuned into her owner that it puts all of my own dogs to shame!
Snowflake loves to play fetch and has a great retrieve. She will play this game all day if you allow her to. She normally likes to wander around the garden with a log or a toy in her mouth. It seems to be a bit of a comforter to her.
Snowflake was homed to a family with older teenage children. All was fine until she met a relative with very bad MS. He was very shaky and when he tried to fuss Snowflake she got worried and snapped at him. This was down to her not being introduced properly. She was returned to us and stayed here for a while longer.
In all this time I had never had any problems with Snowflake and never have.
Snowflake's next home lasted for about four months. A younger couple who Snowflake was very happy with.
She had a habit of getting very over-excited when the doorbell rang.
They hired a dog behaviourist who told them after five minutes of watching(!) that she should be euthanased because her habit would never be fixed.
The people who adopted her were not bad people, but naive and so thought that because this advice had been offered by a 'professional', that it must be accurate. They took her to the vets to have the deed done along with her paperwork. Luckily the vets were on the ball and saw the clause in the contract that the rescue had to be contacted should the animal need to be put to sleep and so contacted me for permission. Which obviously I said no way to!
They then took her on holiday with them and had a great week and returned her seven days later.
Snowflake has now gone into foster care. She lives with two Alaskan Malamute bitches and a cat and although she is 'ok' with this situation, sometimes she can get toy possessive and needs to be kept in check. It is far preferable to home this lady somewhere that she can get all the attention. So we are looking for a home where she can be the only dog.
Snowflake needs a home with no young children and confident handlers. Either someone on their own or a couple who are willing to allow her to settle and blossom as she does when she is here.
She exercises well with other dogs, but doesn't appreciate it if they start on her...she will stick up for herself! She likes to do the Staffie leap of faith into your arms and is loving, affectionate and cuddly to those she trusts.
Snowflake is fully vaccinated, microchipped and spayed.
You must have a fully enclosed garden with fence heights of at least 6 foot high. Snowflake can be left for short periods of time on her own. She is not destructive. A homecheck will be carried out and a rescue minimum donation applies.
If you can offer Snowflake a home for life then please contact me.

Furry Friends Animal Rescue (Surrey)
Tel: 020 8407 1080/0797 356 9371
Email: Adrs@aol.com

Snowflake - gorgeous 9 year old dog - Surrey 12142_204403309084_633599084_403689

Snowflake - gorgeous 9 year old dog - Surrey 12142_204431509084_633599084_403715

Snowflake - gorgeous 9 year old dog - Surrey 29321_413537854084_633599084_528867

Last edited by AnnaT on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Rehomed Re: Snowflake - gorgeous 9 year old dog - Surrey

Post by AnnaT Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:00 pm

Snowflake is still looking
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:51 pm

I must admit Im not really a staffie fan or anything like that.. But she is actually a really pretty girl.

I hope she finds the home she deserves soon!

Good luck.
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Still looking Sad
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybunnyabc Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:58 pm

shes verry pretty

funnybunnyabc
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:31 pm

Snowflake is still here
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:36 am

Snowflake is still in rescue
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:58 pm

SNOWFLAKE HAS BEEN ADOPTED! Very Happy
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:21 am

That's wonderful news. I am so pleased. She looked such a lovely dog.

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down