Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trixie runs - A WARNING! Please read :(

4 posters

Go down

Trixie runs - A WARNING! Please read :( Empty Trixie runs - A WARNING! Please read :(

Post by AnnaT Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Please, please be careful with these runs. There is a door on the side which the rabbits can open. I have had two different people tell me their rabbits have opened them and one was caught by a fox. My own boy rattles on the door, but I have already secured it with a padlock. Please note I am not talking about the doors with chains on them, its the large door with the sliding lock.

This is the type of run I am talking about. They sell it in a few different sizes

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trixie-Large.../dp/B001FVM39E
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Trixie runs - A WARNING! Please read :( Empty Re: Trixie runs - A WARNING! Please read :(

Post by Jay Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:14 am

Thanks for the warning Anna, that's terrible. I guess an extra fitting or a few pegs could sort it out if people have them already.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Trixie runs - A WARNING! Please read :( Empty Re: Trixie runs - A WARNING! Please read :(

Post by SarahJane Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:06 pm

Also, I would add these runs are really only suitable for large rabbits. Pebbles who is 2.3kgish so not tiny, got her head stuck in the bars and it had to be wrenched open, she was screaming etc. Hetty managed to get her out, it could have been much worse.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:07 pm

MissySJ wrote:Also, I would add these runs are really only suitable for large rabbits. Pebbles who is 2.3kgish so not tiny, got her head stuck in the bars and it had to be wrenched open, she was screaming etc. Hetty managed to get her out, it could have been much worse.

I have heard of this with other people too :\
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:40 pm

Oh dear thats not good!
Also they arent very big for the money are they Sad
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:48 am

I think they are a very good size for the money, I paid £50 for mine and its 7 foot x 4 foot , unless they have gone up in price I think thats reasonable Smile

They are just only for supervised play time in my opinion x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down