Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roberta the Robin / Update...SHE'S BACK!!!! :-)

+15
NickieM
Josie
kobikiki
fall3n-ang3l
ChrissyE
KatieB
Snowy
Josephine
jolovesbunnies
Catsknickers
Velvet.Tears
Amelia66
LilyGrace
Corrina
Tuckerbunnies
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Roberta the Robin / Update...SHE'S BACK!!!! :-) - Page 3 Empty Re: Roberta the Robin / Update...SHE'S BACK!!!! :-)

Post by woodwench Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:02 pm

There are seagulls all over round here at the moment... it's ploughing, drilling time and all day long there's the wail of the gulls following the tractor. You'd Love it, Maysie.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Roberta the Robin / Update...SHE'S BACK!!!! :-) - Page 3 Empty Re: Roberta the Robin / Update...SHE'S BACK!!!! :-)

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:26 pm

I do not like seagulls.

I work right by the coast and they poop all over my car Mad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:38 pm

Thank you Tucker bunnies for your kind reply about seagulls. Yes, they are very vocal and the little love just sits on our roof squeaking. He goes on for ages and if I don’t see mum feeding him, I get very worried. I am definitely keeping an eye on him/her. Thank you for the kind advice and yes he is flying so he should be feeding himself too.

Oh dear Thumper, sorry about that. They tend to poop on our car as well and as for the washing, I am sure they have that marked for target practice. I know it is annoying especially as they tend to do it when the car has just been washed.

That is so sweet Nicky I love anything like this, probably because I am a perpetual child LOL!! I bet the poor birdie looks completley bewildered to have these two small people shouting at him.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Don't get me wrong, I would never ever ever hurt them.

I've even gone out of my way to help them in the past and regularly swerve to avoid them on the roads - but gawd they drive me nuts!!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Can sympathise Thumper. I get pigeon poo..green from peas in early summer and now purple from blackberries and elder berries. But I adore wood pigeons. Love waking early and listening to their cooing in the woods.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:52 pm

If only they could be trained to do it somewhere sensible HBWS
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:22 am

How lovely to hear that Roberta has come back. Robins are si sweet, I could watch them all day long. x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:23 pm

when they moult they cant fly very well so could be that your robbin was having a moult and has been living deeper in the shrubbery and not flying about as much?

whatever the reason, im glad that she is back Happy Dance
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:47 pm

How is she today love, do you think she will find a husband and bring him to your garden too? That would be great.
Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:34 pm

We have both seagulls & wood pigeons Rolling Eyes

Seagulls as we are right by the coast and are always sat on house rooftops and wood pigeons as there is a church closeby with lots of trees. Dont mind the wood pigeons until they sit on my chimney and their call rattles right down the fireplace Laughing
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:07 pm

While Mike was filling all the bird feeders up yesterday in the garden Roberta flew round following him Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:37 pm

Living in a wood I get loads of birds of all species in the garden, this summer I've finally welcomed a green woodpecker back after more then 50yrs. It was great to see it and hear it yaffle.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:While Mike was filling all the bird feeders up yesterday in the garden Roberta flew round following him Very Happy

Yay, welcome back Roberta Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance or Robert Embarassed
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:46 pm

This lovely story just gets better, she seems to have adopted you.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagila Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:39 pm

This story is so beautiful.. I just read it from beginning to end.. all 7 pages Smile
Nagila
Nagila
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:29 am

It is truly wonderfulful isn't it Naglia?

Any chance of more photos? As she gets more confident you may be able to take a couple of close ups of her.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3