Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hmm... Thumper is out of sorts today :(

+11
Vince the bunny
JoeyBunsMum
Sparky
FarplaceRescue
lizzi_b
icedancer
Tuckerbunnies
Josephine
NickieM
LilyGrace
Thumper2001
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hmm... Thumper is out of sorts today :( Empty Hmm... Thumper is out of sorts today :(

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:51 pm

My old lady is not herself today. She's very quiet and sleepy and her poos are a little bit sticky. She's staring into space a lot too.

She's also quite cold, so I pulled her in my dressing gown for a while and warmed her up.

She's eating 'normally' I.e. mushed pellets and mange tout. Although, she didn't eat any of the hard pellets today, most days she'll pick at a few at least.

Because she's such an old lady, every little thing feels like it could be the end.

Feel better soon my baby girl Crying or Very sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Hmm... Thumper is out of sorts today :( Empty Re: Hmm... Thumper is out of sorts today :(

Post by LilyGrace Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Hope it's just a bad day and she perks up, sending her lots of warm vibes. Keep going strong Thumper xx
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Hmm... Thumper is out of sorts today :( Empty Re: Hmm... Thumper is out of sorts today :(

Post by NickieM Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:16 pm

It must be awful wondering if this is the end. I hope she is just having a bad day and feels better tomorrow. :hugs; Hugs Hugs You did the right thing warming her up, but at least she is eating and that is good.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:21 pm

Aw, poor Thumper, hopefully as Nickie said she is just having an off day and will be back to normal tomorrow. Sending her some get well vibes and Hugs for you x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:23 am

Have you got a heat pad (Snugglesafe) you can put her on, we put our old and frail bunnies on heat pads as they seem to feel the cold more. Chudleigh Flint has one all the year round and is sat on one in the height of Summer when all the other's have ice pods, but when he get's these bouts of bloat he goes into shock and his body temperature just drops so low and then he feels like a block of ice.

Sending lots of Vibes for Thumper and hoping she will keep warm and strong xxxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:48 am

Get well soon Thumper Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:04 am

Oh thumper! Sending you lots of warm Hugs and vibes! Hugs
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:40 pm

How is Thumper today ?

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by FarplaceRescue Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:46 pm

Sending vibes for Thumper xxx
FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2011-08-16

http://www.farplace.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:06 pm

I hope Thumper feels better today Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi guys. Thank you for the well wishes, they are much appreciated.

Thumper seems a but more lively today. And to my amazement, she munched on a few pellets when I was doing my hair this morning Shocked

Poos are still a bit sticky, but I think I might know what the problem is; she isn't drinking very much, probably because I'm watering down her pellets. Little water = little Pro-C! But I need to make sure she keeps eating so I don't know what I'm going to do scratch

I'll need to give it some thought.

What a menace she is Rolling Eyes
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:29 pm

I'm sure she spends her time thinking up ways to worry you. Laughing Laughing She's a bad old lady.

So glad to hear she is a bit better - well physically. Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:40 pm

NickieM wrote:I'm sure she spends her time thinking up ways to worry you. Laughing Laughing She's a bad old lady.

So glad to hear she is a bit better - well physically. Laughing
I think you are right. My nerves are shot to pieces most days No Laughing

She's currently at my feet wanting food when she already has some pellets! I am trying to stand my ground. We'll see how long it lasts. Laughing

I'm sure she just KNOWS I'll cave and she'll get something better!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:42 pm

He he she's so BAAADDDD.

What an old lady she would be. she's be a monster woman in a disabled buggy running over your toes and cackling. Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Laughing I def don't want to meet a human version of her!

I think I might relent and give her some plantain. (And here it begins... Embarassed)
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:51 pm

NickieM wrote:He he she's so BAAADDDD.

What an old lady she would be. she's be a monster woman in a disabled buggy running over your toes and cackling. Laughing

Laughing Laughing and jabbing her walking stick at you!

Glad she is feeling better Smile

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:she isn't drinking very much, probably because I'm watering down her pellets. Little water = little Pro-C! But I need to make sure she keeps eating so I don't know what I'm going to do scratch

Add the Pro-C to the pellet-cake mixture?

Glad she's feeling better Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:54 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:
NickieM wrote:He he she's so BAAADDDD.

Laughing Laughing and jabbing her walking stick at you!

Glad she is feeling better Smile
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thank you, me too Very Happy Yesterday was not a good day for her Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Sparky wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:she isn't drinking very much, probably because I'm watering down her pellets. Little water = little Pro-C! But I need to make sure she keeps eating so I don't know what I'm going to do scratch

This did cross my mind, but how do I measure it out? It's easy to measure out 200mls of water, but how do I know how much to put in a bowl of mush? scratch

I'm not sure if giving her too much in one go can do any harm...?

And ideas? Thank you Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:18 pm

sending warm wishes and comfort vibes for a grand old lady bun Smile
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
Sparky wrote:

This did cross my mind, but how do I measure it out? It's easy to measure out 200mls of water, but how do I know how much to put in a bowl of mush? scratch

I'd be inclined to try getting *some* into her, not worrying too much if it is as much as it would normally be if she had it in water. I have to admit, Humum's style of cooking is 'hmmm... that looks about right' Shocked (which often actually works Laughing) and she'd probably approach this in the same way. Maybe set aside a bit of the next pellet-pie and try mixing a bit of the Pro-C into it and see if Thumper takes to it?

I have heard of people being advised to try giving Bio-Lapis dry if their bun won't take it in water, apparently some buns like the taste of it enough to accept this. Don't know about Pro-C scratch She's an awkward madam, isn't she? Laughing

I wouldn't have *thought* that Pro-C would be harmful.... apart from perhaps by the ladle-full Hmmm
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:31 pm

my buns love dry bio lapis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:56 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Have you got a heat pad (Snugglesafe) you can put her on, we put our old and frail bunnies on heat pads as they seem to feel the cold more. Chudleigh Flint has one all the year round and is sat on one in the height of Summer when all the other's have ice pods, but when he get's these bouts of bloat he goes into shock and his body temperature just drops so low and then he feels like a block of ice.

Sending lots of Vibes for Thumper and hoping she will keep warm and strong xxxxxxxxxx
Sorry Maysie, I didn't intentionally not reply to this, I forgot Embarassed

No, she doesn't have a heat pad. I've only ever felt her cold like that on one other occasion but I think I will need to get her one now Thumbs Up

It sounds like your Chudleigh Flint is the bunny version of me! Tell him I'm always freezing too and I sympathise with him. Theres never a hot water bottle too far away from me! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sparky wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:
Sparky wrote:

I'd be inclined to try getting *some* into her, not worrying too much if it is as much as it would normally be if she had it in water. I have to admit, Humum's style of cooking is 'hmmm... that looks about right' Shocked (which often actually works Laughing) and she'd probably approach this in the same way. Maybe set aside a bit of the next pellet-pie and try mixing a bit of the Pro-C into it and see if Thumper takes to it?

I have heard of people being advised to try giving Bio-Lapis dry if their bun won't take it in water, apparently some buns like the taste of it enough to accept this. Don't know about Pro-C scratch She's an awkward madam, isn't she? Laughing

I wouldn't have *thought* that Pro-C would be harmful.... apart from perhaps by the ladle-full Hmmm
Thank you Sparky. I have put a wee bit in her pie Thumbs Up We'll see if she eats it.

Yes she is very awkward but it's probably my own fault for giving in to her every whim her whole life Embarassed She knows how to play me, that's for sure. Sometimes I wonder if she even knows herself what she wants scratch

Ps, I'm laughing at your humum's cooking technique Laughing I'm sure she does better than me though, I could burn water!!

Thanks again for the help and well wishes everyone, she's def more herself today, my living room has been trashed Rolling Eyes
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:59 pm

And people think rabbits are boring pets! Laughing Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:06 am

aww how is she today
hope she feels good today. Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next