Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

+14
marleyNfriends
troop
lizzi_b
JoeyBunsMum
Felix&Willow
gentl
Sparky
fall3n-ang3l
KatieB
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Jay
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
icedancer
18 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Carla, she will love you all the more when she comes back. Whenever I went away on holiday when I had Thumper, she followed me around like a sheep when I got back. And she sat right beside my feet! I actually have pictures Love

And it's not like she was neglected when I was away because she was only at my mum's Laughing

Keep us posted on how it's all going Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by Sparky Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 3 Dl_hyperhysteriaBunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 3 Dl_hyperhysteriaBunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 3 Dl_hyperhysteria new bun! new bun! new bun!Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 3 Dl_hyperhysteriaBunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 3 Dl_hyperhysteriaBunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 3 Dl_hyperhysteria so excited!Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 3 Dl_hyperhysteriaBunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 3 Dl_hyperhysteriaBunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 3 Dl_hyperhysteria

icedancer wrote: I'm worried she's going to think I've abandoned her when I take her to the rescue tomorrow. What if she thinks that she's done something wrong and that she's never going to see me again?
Buns don't think like that. This is what she will be thinking:

'What's that? That's new. I don't usually see that from my carrier. Ooh, the front is off. I'll sit here for a bit and make sure it's safe'

Moments pass....

'Not seen anything scary yet, I'll venture out.' *stretch, head-bob, head-bob, head-bob* 'Ooh, new smells' *sniff, sniff, sniff, chin* 'wonder what that tastes like' *nibble nibble*

Later: 'Who is that?!? He's handsome! Ooh, he's coming in!' (edited for decency's sake)

Days later: 'Well, this has made a lovely change but I hope we're going home to the human person soon. I have to introduce her to my new husbun* Very Happy '

*Just don't let on that you met him first and that it was actually an arranged marriage Wink
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:11 pm

Awww Sparky thank you that made me smile.

What a shame, my neighbour appears to have forgotten about hers and Florences sleepover. I'm slightly annoyed as I could have gone to Body Balance, but thrilled that we'll get one more night alone together.

Hubby will just have to take her over there tomorrow morning, which saves me battling with getting her house out of the door too Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Boo she remembered Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by cheryl'n'bruce'flo Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:25 pm

She will be fine!
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7837
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:39 pm

The neighbour had a bloke there! She's been single for ages after kicking out the last one when he all did was watch soap operas!!! When she does my hair on Saturday I might have to get the gossip on that!!

Florences and Dougals new rug is now down, it's nice and bright!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:00 pm

I've just thought of something. Florence goes to meet Dougal tomorrow. Home check is Friday.

What happens if I fail the Home Check?!?! Will they hold Florence to ransom?

icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:13 pm

icedancer wrote:I've just thought of something. Florence goes to meet Dougal tomorrow. Home check is Friday.

What happens if I fail the Home Check?!?! Will they hold Florence to ransom?

No! Laughing They can't do that! Laughing I would think it very unlikely that you will fail it so relax! If they have any concerns about their home (which I'm sure they won't) then I would imagine they would just give you some pointers.

Having never adopted from a rescue, I can't be 100% on the pointers bit, but I can assure you that they can't hold her to ransom!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:18 pm

On that point actually, I would have thought it would have made more sense to do the home check BEFORE introducting the buns.

Imagine you did actually live in a mould infested, bug crawling house with vermin, they'd turn you down. And the bunnies could already be loved up by then.

Bit of a silly way to do it IMO scratch

Eta, on the rescues part, not yours.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:24 pm

I did question it, and they said that as long as it was down before bonding was finished they didn't mind. I guess they must trust what you say about the housing, I have described it in detail. I offered to send photos but they said it was ok.

Maybe they sussed me out more than I thought when I went to meet the bunnies.

I'm also a bit paranoid they might accidentially rehome her but I won't worry you with more irrational fears Laughing Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Maybe if you had turned up crawling with bugs and infested with vermin they would have done the home-check before the bonding Wink

I doubt they could accidentally rehome Florence - there's not much chance they can forget she is yours when you'll be phoning up at least twice a day to check on her... Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:37 pm

icedancer wrote:
I'm also a bit paranoid they might accidentially rehome her but I won't worry you with more irrational fears Laughing Laughing
ROFL OMG that made me laugh out loud Laughing Laughing Laughing

(Mainly because I would probably be exactly the same Laughing)
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Sparky wrote:Maybe if you had turned up crawling with bugs and infested with vermin they would have done the home-check before the bonding Wink

I doubt they could accidentally rehome Florence - there's not much chance they can forget she is yours when you'll be phoning up at least twice a day to check on her... Laughing

And I haven't even confessed that on here Embarassed Embarassed

I will be emailing them definitely. I *might* ask for a photo or two but I don't want to take the p too much. I know that they are busy, but she's my baby, and I'll be worried about her.

The guy in my office said to me today that he didn't want any tears from me tomorrow and Friday Embarassed He said she's all grown up now!

Mind you that was better than the "you're being cruel" colleague who said "at least she will be happy now" Mad Mad SHE IS HAPPY!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:31 am

Carla, you explained things to her. She 'knows'. When you have such a close relationship with your bunny there is some sort of 'telepathy' for lack of a better term. She knows she will come back to you after her adventure out.

When you email them tell them that there is a rather large group of rabbity minded folks that are DEMANDING pics! I know I'm not the only one that would like to see Florence and her new beau.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:09 am

I will tell them!! I'm going to *try* not to email them until Sunday morning, but I'm pretty certain I will give in before then!! I'll be texting my neighbour shortly to check Florence has eaten her breakfast!

I'm getting her back tonight at about 615, so I'll have 20mins or so to tell her what's happening, and to tell her again how much I love her. The rescue says it'll be 5 to 7 days, so I'm counting it as a week but secretly hoping that I could have them home on Tuesday or Wednesday.

When I bring them home should they be in the same pet carrier?
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:56 am

Oh Carla I'm so excited for you I think we could all do with some happy news to cheer us up, hope it all works out and Florence finds the bun of her dreams Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:21 pm

I had week four of counselling today, and my counsellor thinks I am putting my feelings/fears about me onto Florence. So I'm feeling a bit better now.

I'm a bit annoyed with hubby though, as the neighbour was in when he got home so he could have collected Florence but he didn't, and she was out again by the time I got home Hissy I just hope that the neighbour isn't an hour late home again or Florence will be late for her date.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:33 pm

The rescue is literally 5 minutes up the rd from me so i can bust florence out if need be Wink
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm back. We were ten minutes late because we got stuck in the delightful Reading traffic.

It turns out, Florence is actually probably a mini-lop Embarassed Her head is too small for a dwarf apparently Embarassed I had thought photos of dwarf lops didn't look like her but hey.

Florence settled in really well. She was exploring, munching on the hay and generally being her happy confident self. The rescue lady said that she is delightful.

There is now another slight change. She is concerned, with the size Florence is (she was expecting her to be larger), that 1st choice bunny might get slightly too amorous with her. So there is a chance that she may get bonded with a baby male chincilla bunny Love I have seen him, and he is adorable. Plus they will take him back when he's ready to be neutered and do it for me. Well not them but you know what I mean Laughing

So she's there, and bonding starts tomorrow. They will send me email updates, and they try to do photos and videos!

I miss her already, but I know she's in safe hands and she settled in well and was eating.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Have a lovely time Florence Very Happy

Don't worry, we'll look after your Humum for you Thumbs Up

Looking forward to seeing you soon and meeting your Mystery Husbun Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Goodness me!

Its all going on for flo! I bet you are missing her like crazy!

Lucky her though, coming home with a handsome hubster!

Im really excited for you hunni x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:29 pm

icedancer wrote:I'm back. We were ten minutes late because we got stuck in the delightful Reading traffic.

It turns out, Florence is actually probably a mini-lop Embarassed Her head is too small for a dwarf apparently Embarassed I had thought photos of dwarf lops didn't look like her but hey.

Florence settled in really well. She was exploring, munching on the hay and generally being her happy confident self. The rescue lady said that she is delightful.

There is now another slight change. She is concerned, with the size Florence is (she was expecting her to be larger), that 1st choice bunny might get slightly too amorous with her. So there is a chance that she may get bonded with a baby male chincilla bunny Love I have seen him, and he is adorable. Plus they will take him back when he's ready to be neutered and do it for me. Well not them but you know what I mean Laughing

So she's there, and bonding starts tomorrow. They will send me email updates, and they try to do photos and videos!

I miss her already, but I know she's in safe hands and she settled in well and was eating.

Joey is a mini lop too. If only they lived nearer Wink Laughing

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by cheryl'n'bruce'flo Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Is that Merlin? He looks lovely although maybe not the easy going cuddle bun you hubby craves. As long as Florence falls in love that is what counts.
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7837
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:11 pm

I was thinking the other day she doesn't seem to have grown much bigger than Buttons! I can't wait to hear how she gets on!! Its like blind dating for bunnies!! Laughing I hope she falls in love with a handsome mystery bun!! Very Happy
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:17 pm

No it's Merlins son, who is also Merlins brother. It's a bit of a sad story. They were rescused by RSPCA inspectors from a couple who had learning disabilities, but they allowed Merlin to mate with his mum. Florences possible husbund is a baby from that litter.

He would be smaller, but going through another teenage stage, eeeek. I'll be happy either way tbh, but no he definitely will not be a lap bunny. He's just a little baby!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next