Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Everyone!

+13
NickieM
Josephine
fall3n-ang3l
Thumper2001
paullp
marleyNfriends
Dotdot
Amelia66
KatieB
Sparky
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
gentl
MLS
17 posters

Go down

Hello Everyone! Empty Hello Everyone!

Post by MLS Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:25 am

Hello Happy Hoppers! I found your forum through a few very useful youtube videos and after a bit of lurking, I figure it's high time I introduce myself.

My name is Margaret and I'm from Wisconsin, USA. I'm currently preparing to bring home my first rabbit in the fall, a young Belgian Hare, so excuse me if this intro is a bit premature. While I've always had a bit of a menagerie, growing up with cats, dogs, rats, and birds, and having my own fair share of reptiles, fish and a pair of rats at the moment, rabbits are a bit new to me. I grew up with a close friend whose family bred mini lops for show and kept a few as house pets so I've got some experience handling and being around rabbits but this will be my first Personal house bunny and I'm very excited. I've been researching mainly through rabbit.org for the past few months and while this first bunny is coming from a reputable breeder I am planning on adopting him a companion through our local House Rabbit Society once he's been neutered and learned his house manners. albino I simply couldn't resist getting a Belgian Hare first though. They've always been my favorite breed in the looks department and the breed club president just happened to live not too far away.

I'm looking forward to hearing about all of your rabbits and I've already learned quite a bit/gotten plenty of good ideas from the site so forgive me if I show up with some "newbie" questions in the near future. I just want to start off on the right foot with all of this. Very Happy

MLS
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-06-03

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone! Empty Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by gentl Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:21 am

cheers WELCOME MARGRET! cheers

I'm so pleased to meet you! My name is Holly and I'm happy to see a fellow American here. We currently have one precious bunny that we rescued. He was given the name Thumper and we just kept it. His picture is in my sig line and avatar. He rules our warren. Hubby and I think of ourselves as Bunny Parrents, but it is more like Bunny Slaves! Once we get him neutered we will find him a wifee bun. He's a free range house bunny except for the gated computer room, kitchen and bathrooms. (he won't go on the tile) I'd always had Holland minis before and there is nothing mini about Thumper! He weighs over 10 lbs. When he stretches out completely doing his 'dead bunny' imitation, (and scaring me to death in the process), he's almost a yard long.

I know you will love it here. The people are very friendly and will answer any question you may have. I'm eager to hear more about your hare.

gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by cheryl'n'bruce'flo Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:51 am

Hello Wave and welcome.

Don't worry about being here early or asking newbie questions - I am sure we would all prefer it if more people would do that. And quite a lot of us here have soft spots for belgian hares. Feel free to join in any threads and ask as many questions as you like.
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7837
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:15 am

Hello and welcome Wave

I'm one of twelve rabbits that live with our hu-parents in Lancashire (land of the constant rain Rolling Eyes ). I'm a Snuffle Bunny, live in the house with my barmy husbun Gizmo, and am apparently Spoiled Rotten Embarassed

I think it's brilliant that you are researching how to look after your bunny properly before s/he comes home - far too many people don't do that - and you'll find that people here love to help out with any question, no matter how trivial or daft it might seem to you.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:53 am

Hi Wave

Welcome to HH! Lovely to have you on board.

Please feel free to join in any of the threads and ask as many questions as you like - we love to help.

Katie x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:43 am

Wave hi and welcome
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:31 am

Hey! Welcome to the forum Smile
It's fab that you are here early to ask questions, as others have said it would be great if more people did.

We are here to answer absolutely any questions. You will learn a lot fast!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Hey!! Wave Welcome to the Happy Hoppers warren. Were all a friendly bunch here, and theres no such thing as a stupid question, whats stupid is worrying and not saying anything. Its great that your getting as much information before your bunny arrival. As others have said, its a shame more people didnt do that first!

Im Sophia. I had 4 bunnies until recently, i now have two netherland dwarfs (Marley and Dolly) and the occasional bunny lodger. At the moment i have an english X that we called Hughie - you may see his thread somewhere. He was rescued from a local family who quite clearly didnt have a clue, or couldnt care less for his welfare. Hes not staying though, he will find a forever home when hes had the snip and is ready to meet a bunny friend. Smile

Look forward to meeting your Belgian bun and reading your posts!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Hello! Welcome to HH. We have one bun at the moment (Myrtle) and hope to find a hus-bun for her later this year!
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Hello!! Wave Welcome to HH! Very Happy

Please go ahead and ask as many questions as you like! We are always happy to help Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:32 pm

hello and welcome,this is a fab place,were a very friendly bunch,as you will find out Wave Very Happy
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Hello Margaret, welcome to the forum. Wave x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:32 am

Hi Margaret and welcome to HH Wave

Doing your research now before the bun arrives will pay off dividends for you and the bun. It always amazes me that people just impulse buy a live animal without thinking what they are getting into.

I have two buns, Sasha and Barley. Both are rescue rabbits and Barley has been re-named 'Destructobun' because he is basically a beaver pretending to be a rabbit. In a week - following a lot of naivety from me - he has managed to eat the phone line, internet cable and try to chew through my stereo lead. However, he looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. Grrrrrr

Hope to hear more from you especially once said bun arrives - and we just love photos (although I am not the best at putting them up! Embarassed)
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:45 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum Wave
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Hello Margaret Wave

I would LOVE to have a Belgian Hare, they are simply stunning Love I also have a huge soft spot for rexes, and have 4 of those and 2 lop crosses.

I would love to see some photos when your hare arrives, this is a very friendly forum and we love photos Very Happy

Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi & Welcome Wave

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:03 pm

A warm welcome Margaret love. Yes, I too would love to see some piccies when you have them.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum