Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lennox.

Go down

Lennox. Empty Lennox.

Post by Thumper2001 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:25 pm

What a truly sad story. You had been held in kennels for over two years, they wouldn't even let you see your family, who absolutely adored you. And then they put you to sleep Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad All because of the way you looked. Crying or Very sad

Thousands of people from all over the world have followed your story and have been fighting for you Lennox, but they wouldn't listen. I can't belive this has happened. You could have been rehomed overseas, there were plenty of offers and it was within the rules!! But no, they probably just wanted to save face!!!! Mad Karma will get them, and they deserve everything that's coming to them. Tenfold.

I didn't even really know you and yet I feel so angry and sad. It should never have been allowed to happen.

You are free now. I hope that wherever you are now, there's a queue of people waiting to give you belly rubs.

Rest in peace Lennox x x x

http://savelennox.com/

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lennox. C62a7810
Old lady Thumper went to sleep, 10/12/11
Molly and Junior, the norty pair!!
Mum to 2 hoomin hurricanes
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13549
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Lennox. Empty Re: Lennox.

Post by Kate7590 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:35 pm

:'( its sick isn't it.
I really hope those stupid people have this guilt in the back of their minds for the rest of their lives!
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:14 pm

I was so close to tears watching his video and reading his story. It disgusts me - they had no grounds to take this loving family dog from his responsible owners. I can't imagine the pain that they - and apparently many other dog owners - have been through every day. I am just glad Lennox is now free at the Rainbow Bridge, where he is out of pain and will one day be reunited with his family. Crying or Very sad
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegan_bunny on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:05 pm

I am very upset over this. They killed a perfectly healthy dog because of his breed and because of the lies some idiot made up about him. Unfortunately the people involved in killing him won't feel guilty, they did what they wanted, they showed us how little they think of the opinion of the public. They don't care about anything but money. Sad
Vegan_bunny
Vegan_bunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:08 pm

I've been following this story. The world has gone mad. To not allow his family to even see him one last time, or to have his body back to dispose of as they wished - it does just make you wonder what they were covering up No

Any law which presumes guilt and demands innocence is proven is barbaric.

Lennox - I just hope you are happy to be free from the kennels at long last, that you are racing round the Bridge barking your head off, kicking your heels up and not being the slightest threat to anyone Love
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by cheryl'n'bruce'flo on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:20 pm

I am very confused by this story - I can't get my head around the idea that they have not been able to get a proper hearing for Lennox. Whilst I know that they will never be able to replace him I hope that they will push for some sort of justice for him at least through the civil courts. And why could no animal charities intervene at least to get him better housed whilst incarcerated. I think the employees involved should all be prosecuted for animal cruelty.
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7837
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:35 pm

I was absolutely gob smacked when I saw this this morning. It beggars belief that the council would not go down any of the many channels of help offered to them to save Lennox. I honestly cannot understand why they would refuse to allow his family to see him, or to return his body to them.

Gutless cowards the lot of them.

RIP Lennox.

Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
"For a better quality of life &care"
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:21 pm

I signed the petition quite a while ago and have followed the story. While it didn't look good I was hopeful until the end that BCC would see sense and Lennox would go home. When I saw the story this morning my heart sank.

Belfast City Council have behaved absolutely disgracefully. The owners could not have done more to ensure and later prove that the dog was legal. That woman who stood up in court and claimed he was aggressive, that she was too afraid to even be near him yet was pictured playing with him and letting him lick her face deserves the same fate that she was so adament he deserved.

RIP Lennox Sad

Last edited by NickieM on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Some contentious items removed by Admin)
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegan_bunny on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:58 pm

That stupid ******* woman Mad Mad

They had a million options thrown to them and they completely ignored them and chose to kill him.

BSL is absolutely disgusting. I am completely against it, there is no such thing as a "dangerous" breed!

Last edited by NickieM on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited by Admin because of potentially libellous statements)
Vegan_bunny
Vegan_bunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:58 pm

OK guys, I know that feelings are running high about this situation. However, Admin have a duty to ensure that anything posted on the forum is not libellous. Some of the posts have veered in this direction and some have been amended.

The purpose of this thread was to show support and solidarity for Lennox's family and not to conduct a personal vendetta against the Warden, even though many of you feel very aggrieved at what she was alleged to have said and done.

I will reinstate the thread, but ask that members think before they post.

Lennox. NICKIEM
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:29 pm

iiisecondcreep wrote:That woman who stood up in court and claimed he was aggressive, that she was too afraid to even be near him yet was pictured playing with him and letting him lick her face
This is why I am so wary of believing anything I read in the tabloid press and have tried to avoid the hysteria which has surrounded this case. How does anyone know that those pictures were not taken early on, and that the dog did not later turn on her? Perhaps this is why he was described as unpredictable. Perhaps that woman has done nothing but her job and her duty to the general public - perhaps she has told the truth and is now being hounded and condemned for it. I do not know the facts and so will not venture an opinion as to what she may 'deserve'. It seems that nobody knows the facts, but far too many people are ready to base an opinion on what they have heard.

My problem with this whole situation is the apparent secrecy and lack of information from one side and that could so easily have been avoided. Even when interest was beginning to escalate, those responsible could have nipped things in the bud simply by being seen to be open and honest. By not doing so, they have allowed theories to be seen as truths and have shaken the faith of the general public in the powers-that-be to do their job, which is to serve us and to protect us. If one of the theories I have heard is true, and Lennox was put to sleep some time ago before all the legal appeals had been made, then the best thing the council could have done is admit it and apologise.

I really feel there should be some sort of official, and very public, enquiry into this situation. Not because an innocent dog may have died needlessly (tragic as that is) but because the public need to be shown that their civil servants are continuing to serve the public and not their own agendas.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: