Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to Register Nibbles Rodent & Rabbit Rescue

5 posters

Go down

Trying to Register Nibbles Rodent & Rabbit Rescue  Empty Trying to Register Nibbles Rodent & Rabbit Rescue

Post by Nibbles Rescue Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:39 am

Hi Guys,

RWAF sent me a link to your forum to register Nibbles Rodent & Rabbit Rescue. A new rescue which has opened as a direct result of the urgent need for a rescue catering for small pets in West Wales.  I can't seem to message anyone as I have not posted and I can't post until I have messaged someone? So can you guys help me out?  We have lots of bunnies soon to be looking for homes and about another 20 babies which need removing over the next few weeks. RWAF will be happy to vouch that we are indeed a new rescue.

Thanks Siobhan

Nibbles Rescue
Rescuer

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2015-02-21

http://www.nibbles.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Trying to Register Nibbles Rodent & Rabbit Rescue  Empty Re: Trying to Register Nibbles Rodent & Rabbit Rescue

Post by KatieB Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:47 am

Hiya,

I approved your membership this morning, ill have a look at sorting the ability to post in the rescue section for you now.

I know you are genuine hun, I have been watching your progress (we recently had trouble donating you a cage through Amazon)..... Well done on all you have done for these buns, its amazing.
Leave it with me.

K
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Trying to Register Nibbles Rodent & Rabbit Rescue  Empty Re: Trying to Register Nibbles Rodent & Rabbit Rescue

Post by The Snowman Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:54 am

I read all about your rescue on FB on the RWAF page. I took a look at your website just this morning and now here you are! Well Done on all the work you are doing to help these buns.
The Snowman
The Snowman
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:02 am

Hi there... I have added you to the rescuers group... you may need to make 10 posts in order for it to allow you to post in rescues... this will also allow you to send PM's. It doesn't have to be 10 new subjects.... another 9 replies in this section will do.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Welcome to HH!
I need to browse your website but every bun here is friendly and supportive. See you later!

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:24 pm

Welcome to HH Wave

I look forward to hearing more about the amazing work you guys are doing Very Happy

Thank you for helping needy fluffs Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Rescue Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:05 am

Hello All (again),

Sorry for the delay on replying. I am totally rushed off my feet as you can imagine. I am going to give you all an update in a number of replies so I can hit my total

Nibbles Rescue
Rescuer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Rescue Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:07 am

So we have had a few issues with the hutches we have ordered and I need to make some adjustments to them before we can use them. Namely they have no trap door blocking access into the run ( I was told that they did indeed have this) as living on a rural small holding we do have foxes so all animals are locked up tight overnight (even though they are in a separately fenced area inside a stock fenced paddock). But still you can't be too safe

Nibbles Rescue
Rescuer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Rescue Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:10 am

We also need to continue to raise the funds to buy all the required paving slabs to put the hutches on and the area needs to be leveled etc before all the hutches can go up and the rabbits moved. And obviously I live in Wales and we all know what Wales does best - RAIN AND RAIN AND RAIN - so as yet I have not had chance to make a start on leveling the area and when it is not raining I am busy cleaning etc - it never seems to head in fully in our direction.

Nibbles Rescue
Rescuer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Rescue Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:14 am

The babies are starting to venture out the the nest now and are beginning to binky. While this is adorable it is also filling me with fear. We have 24 rabbits here inc babies and ALL need new homes. We are desperate to get them all neutered and vaccinated but as always funds are the major issue. We can't home them until that is done, but at the same time we have had very few genuine esquires and the ones which we have had have been for older rabbits. Our guys are from 13 months to 3 weeks. This is NOT the way I ever wanted to open a rescue but I guess someone had to do something and I am slowly going grey with worry now.

Nibbles Rescue
Rescuer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Rescue Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:16 am

We are hoping to get our auction up and running on our FB page by mid next week - Joanne has had to be away for work for the past few days so this has slowed our progress but it will be up and running as soon as humanly possible.

Nibbles Rescue
Rescuer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Rescue Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:20 am

Another 9 babies were removed from the house at the beginning of the week and while these guys (4 girls and 5 boys) will be off to another rescue at the weekend there are still between 10-15 more babies to remove from the house when they are old enough to leave. To stay we are struggling with space at present is not an understatement and the next batch and batches of babies at present have no where to go as we have saturated all the rescues which have already helped us. I literally have no where to put the babies we currently have when they are ready to be separated from their mums and still have to find somewhere for another 10-15. And not a single offer of a home for any of them. So yes I am very concerned about what to do and how we are going to do this.

Nibbles Rescue
Rescuer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Rescue Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:22 am

I know eventually this case will be over and no further bunnies will be born and we are so close to that end now but it seems the tip of the peak is the steepest to climb and oh how I feel myself slipping. If we leave these babies where they are then this will all just start again so not removing them is simply not an option.

Nibbles Rescue
Rescuer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Rescue Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:24 am

So if anyone can fit in an extra and very needy baby please please get in touch. Most have long coats and will require a lot of maintenance (another factor making it hard to home them) but we really really need people to offer these lovelies homes asap.

Nibbles Rescue
Rescuer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Rescue Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:27 am

So other than worrying constantly about where I can put these bunnies and how I am going to separate boys if they start to fight I have been doing the best that I can for them in the mean time. They are all lovely rabbits and really deserve a home to call their own. So please keep sharing and if you know anyone looking please please get in touch x

Nibbles Rescue
Rescuer

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:32 am

UNibbles Rescue wrote:I know eventually this case will be over and no further bunnies will be born and we are so close to that end now but it seems the tip of the peak is the steepest to climb and oh how I feel myself slipping.  If we leave these babies where they are then this will all just start again so not removing them is simply not an option.
I haven't got any space for a bunny at the moment.
Have you got a wish list on amazon or any other way that I could help with providings or donations?
Keep up your good work there is light at the end of the tunnel!

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Rescue Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:07 am

c.bolduan wrote:
UNibbles Rescue wrote:I know eventually this case will be over and no further bunnies will be born and we are so close to that end now but it seems the tip of the peak is the steepest to climb and oh how I feel myself slipping.  If we leave these babies where they are then this will all just start again so not removing them is simply not an option.
I haven't got any space for a bunny at the moment.
Have you got a wish list on amazon or any other way that I could help with providings or donations?
Keep up your good work there is light at the end of the tunnel!

We have all the ways in which you can help (which don't involve homing a bunny) on our wesbite as I am a new member I can't post a link to the webpage but we are the 3 double u's nibbles dot org dot uk and it is the Help us section.  The most urgent help we need is donations into our account at the vet so we can keep sending the adults in for neutering and vaccinations.  I have a wonderful home offer for one of our male rabbits but we need £74 to neuter and vaccinate him before he can leave.

Oh a long road ahead

Nibbles Rescue
Rescuer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Rescue Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:35 am

Hey guys,

I still can't post re: rabbits we have looking for homes etc and we are now very urgently seeking to secure rescue placements for the last 35 babies which have been born as a result of the first case

Nibbles Rescue
Rescuer

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:31 pm

How strange you should be able to. I'll send you a pm.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down