Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much do we all pay for dentals?

+3
Sixer
c.bolduan
Thumper2001
7 posters

Go down

Dentals - How much do we all pay for dentals? Empty How much do we all pay for dentals?

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:12 pm

Another thread made me wonder. I'm no vet but I realise there may be variables in the charges, but just a rough idea would be good.

It was mentioned to me on Molly's thread that the £126 I paid was very expensive.

I know some people don't like talking money so feel free to ignore this thread if you so wish Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Dentals - How much do we all pay for dentals? Empty Re: How much do we all pay for dentals?

Post by c.bolduan Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Bertie and Bubbles £250.00.
Roughly the same as they charged you.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Dentals - How much do we all pay for dentals? Empty Re: How much do we all pay for dentals?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:29 pm

Between £50 and £80 depending on who is doing it and whether it can be done under light sedation or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:52 pm

As the spurs were on the molars they both had GA.that will increase the cost. But so much difference?scratch

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:44 am

Rosie's was £84.15 last week - included some zantac and metaclop.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:48 pm

Despite the vast number of bunnies here I've only had to pay for one dental in the last 7 years Shocked Shocked

Erin had a spur on one tooth near the front of her mouth purely because she had the opposing tooth removed, that was about 18 months ago. I think it was about £60 - £70 but really not sure.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:33 pm

Mo's dental today cost me around £75. This is from what I can remember of the bill, as it also had other additional things on there which bumped it up to a scary amount higher Shocked
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:43 pm

£126! Yikes! I paid £50 for Dolly's first one 3 years ago, her last one, in January was £70, and I complained about it, because I had to then pay £20 for flea treatment for both bunnies, because she picked them up whilst in practice. I was really ticked off about it, but i still had to pay it. If I had known they were going to just give me advantage, id have just bought it online. I was expecting Ivermectin injections.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:44 pm

Our Dentals cost £111 each at Johns. My local vet was £129.... a vaccination at my local vet was £45 but only £35.

Id pay double that just to have them done at Johns, so its a massive bonus that its cheaper than my local. Especially as Daisy and Charlie both only go 8 weeks between theirs.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum