Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frances Harcourt Brown, Owners' Days 2016- April & September

+2
jolovesbunnies
Big Ears
6 posters

Go down

Frances Harcourt Brown, Owners' Days 2016- April & September Empty Frances Harcourt Brown, Owners' Days 2016- April & September

Post by Big Ears Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 14:19

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/owners

APRIL 23RD
ENCEPHALITOZOON CUNICULI and RELATED PROBLEMS
1.00-1.30  REGISTRATION
1.30-2.10  Encephalitozoon cuniculi- what is it?
2.20-3.00  Brain disease, head tilt and E.cuniculi
3.10-3.40  Kidney disease and E.cuniculi
3.40-4.30  TEA, COFFEE and CAKES
4.30-5.00  Hind limb weakness and urinary incontinence
5.10-5.50  Other diseases that are connected to or confused with E. cuniculi
6.00-6.40  Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of E. cuniculi
6.40-7.00  QUESTIONS and DISCUSSION

SEPTMEBER 17th
CHRONIC HEALTH PROBLEMS IN PET RABBITS
1.00-1.30  REGISTRATION
1.30-2.10  Sore backs and sore legs
2.20-3.00  Ear disease
3.10-3.40  Chronic respiratory disease and heart problems
3.40-4.30  TEA, COFFEE and CAKES
4.30-5.00  Dental disease- the long term
5.10-5.50  Chronic eye problems
6.00-6.40  Abscesses: The options
6.40-7.00 QUESTIONS and DISCUSSION

Fantastic programmes, so much valuable information to be gleaned ... I can see them booking up quickly!

Last edited by Big Ears on Thu 28 Apr 2016 - 14:51; edited 1 time in total

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Frances Harcourt Brown, Owners' Days 2016- April & September Empty Re: Frances Harcourt Brown, Owners' Days 2016- April & September

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 20:26

Fantastic Big Ears love, I just wish I were well enough to come.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Frances Harcourt Brown, Owners' Days 2016- April & September Empty Re: Frances Harcourt Brown, Owners' Days 2016- April & September

Post by woodwench Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 20:53

Too far away for me to attend. Wish there could be written accounts of these talks for those of us unable to attend. I would gladly pay the equivalent (or more) than the entrance fee.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 17:13

Im so gutted that these are all so far away :-(
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 17:22

KatieB wrote:Im so gutted that these are all so far away :-(

Sad They are really, really good agendas too. Such a shame it's so far for you, gutted for all too far away. It's actually closer for me than doing my vet trips, I'm very, very lucky they've chosen the Harrogate area or it would cause a dilemma for me leaving the bunnies any longer than the time I have to.

I think on the basis that she is 'retired' ('retired' means something different to Frances than it does to the rest of us Wink ) the courses are going to be in her home area so she doesn't have to travel (she doesn't drive). The hall they are using is the absolutely perfect venues for these events and they are a short distance away to prepare the venue, I guess it would be a really long day for her if she had to do a days worth of lecture and all the travelling, setting up etc.

She has been doing some vet CPD in other locations for other organisations though so I guess it's never say never. ...

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 18:24

woodwench wrote:Too far away for me to attend. Wish there could be written accounts of these talks for those of us unable to attend. I would gladly pay the equivalent (or more) than the entrance fee.
Somebody asked about this on Facebook. If I see anything else, I will let you know Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 18:41

Thumper2001 wrote:
woodwench wrote:Too far away for me to attend. Wish there could be written accounts of these talks for those of us unable to attend. I would gladly pay the equivalent (or more) than the entrance fee.
Somebody asked about this on Facebook. If I see anything else, I will let you know Thumbs Up

Was that on Friends of Rainbow Rabbits? Wave We could be mutual members of another community Very Happy

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 18:46

Big Ears wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:

Was that on Friends of Rainbow Rabbits? Wave We could be mutual members of another community Very Happy
Probably Laughing I'm in few rabbit groups on fb, so we may be mutual members of a fair few Very Happy

Although I don't tend to say much on them Embarassed

Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 19:29

Thumper2001 wrote:

Although I don't tend to say much on them Embarassed

... me neither Laughing Embarassed I only joined a lot of FB so I could promote this event but I think FHB's own Facebook will serve that purpose this year as far as FB is concerned.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 20:35

If only these were closer! Maybe she'll do a road show one day! Very Happy
The D1ck vet do similar things occasionally but they are only1-2 hrs long. We went to one on EC and medical imaging for buns earlier this year, was very interesting!
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat 27 Feb 2016 - 17:52

iiisecondcreep wrote:If only these were closer! Maybe she'll do a road show one day! Very Happy
The D1ck vet do similar things occasionally but they are only1-2 hrs long. We went to one on EC and medical imaging for buns earlier this year, was very interesting!

Very, very unlikely that she will do a roadshow. She has told me that she thinks it is very unlikely she will do any more of these after this year. She's announced her full retirement as a vet on 30th June also Crying or Very sad  So, it's very much these last two and that's it!

Only eight weeks to go to the EC one ... it's come round really quickly, so looking forward to going. I wish more of you were able to get there, it would be good to meet a few Hoppers.

I'd also love to go to the D*ck vet ones, but I only really travel for a 30 mile radius so that's about 200 miles out for me!!

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 16:44

.... so, anybody else from HH going to this?

The EC day is only 12 days away now!!

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 19:06

I'm not on Facebook.
HH is the only rabbit forum I visit.
I am a RWAF member.
Can't commit to anything, anywhere at the moment as I may be in hospital or on a long recovery programme any time soon.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 19:58

woodwench wrote:I'm not on Facebook.
HH is the only rabbit forum I visit.
I am a RWAF member.
Can't commit to anything, anywhere at the moment as I may be in hospital or on a long recovery  programme any time soon.

??

I only asked if anyone was going so I would be able to say hi to them!!! ... it doesn't require everybody not going to explain why....

Not sure of the relevance of RWAF membership etc.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu 28 Apr 2016 - 14:50

So, the event on Saturday was again extremely successful, the delegates feeling more able to advocate for rabbits with active EC and to have ideas about differential diagnoses regarding if the cause of problems is indeed EC. There was also a good opportunity for people to share ideas and observations, tips for care etc.

The atmosphere at these events is wonderful with people from the bunny community coming together for a social as well as the educational side. Given the distance a lot of the delegates travel it is a rare and welcome opportunity for a get together.  It's becoming a really valuable series of events and it's a privilege to be part of it.  I hope more of you will have the opportunity to attend the future one/s.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Thu 28 Apr 2016 - 21:48

Sounds good! I would love to read notes from it if such a thing is possible (or slides!)
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun 1 May 2016 - 14:08

iiisecondcreep wrote:Sounds good! I would love to read notes from it if such a thing is possible (or slides!)

the All Ears Podcast team wrote a summary on the event of last year and included the slides. I believed they were going to do so again this year but when I checked recently it wasn't published yet. Some of the slides are videos and there's obviously 6 hours worth of speaking to condense into words, so a lot of detail is lost but someone will be doing a write up somewhere. I'll post on here if I see anything!

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon 29 Aug 2016 - 7:59

https://www.facebook.com/events/1701964583418042/

Just giving this a little bump as it's now only 19 days away! Loads of people have booked again, including loads of Happy Hoppers, I'm pleased to see.

Looking forward to the day and meeting you all again.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon 29 Aug 2016 - 9:49

Is there someone from the HH crowd who could take notes and report back to we who cannot attend?
Oh ... whatever happened to Shorthand? It would have been ideal to record these talks.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon 29 Aug 2016 - 10:04

woodwench wrote:Is there someone from the HH crowd who could take notes and report back to we who cannot attend?
Oh ... whatever happened to Shorthand? It would have been ideal to record these talks.

Shorthand is alright for short bursts of 10 minutes but for a 6 hour stint would be a bit scary! I did use shorthand 20 years ago but wouldn't want to go back to it.  I tried to record it last time (with Frances' permission) but I messed up with the recorder and ended up playing it back at full volume, louder than Frances, while she was talking, I'm never going to attempt that again Embarassed Embarassed

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon 29 Aug 2016 - 16:36

I did shorthand too love, it was a nightmare and very difficult to learn.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon 12 Sep 2016 - 9:14

Well, it's this Saturday, the handouts are due to be sent any hour now.

Look forward to seeing some of you there. I will be doing meet and greet again so make yourselves known if I don't know your 'real' names!

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon 12 Sep 2016 - 11:27

Wish I could come, have a great time hunny.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum