Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Bunny gone BAD!

3 posters

Go down

Good Bunny gone BAD! Empty Good Bunny gone BAD!

Post by woodwench Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:08 am

OK, so once we got through the initial attention seeking period and Dr Anne McBride set us on the right track I have often sung his praises here on HH, and said how clever he is.
This morning he shattered my illusion and it's a wonder he is still here to sulk after my telling off!

Sometime last summer he bit into my TV aerial cable and knackered it making me have to buy an indoor aerial.  Well at 8-30 this morning he did what I thought was impossible: when my back was turned for a second he jumped up onto the shelf where the TV is (a good 4 foot up) and in seconds he bit through the indoor aerial cable AND the TV power line .... which was live! Shocked

I grabbed him off the shelf expecting a dead or dying rabbit; at the least I thought to see frazzled whiskers and fur all on end, but he hopped away without a by-your-leave and went to his tray to poop and consume quantities of hay!

I'm still in shock. That cable was sparking and spitting! Shocked

I gave him a firm lecture but he just chomped his hay. silent

I've managed to fix a new plug on the power line as he bit the cable about 3 inches from the plug. I shall have to get a new aerial! Mad  Mad

Just proves ... Never Trust A Rabbit and ... His leg is all better if he can jump that high! cheers  cheers
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Good Bunny gone BAD! Empty Re: Good Bunny gone BAD!

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:27 pm

That is a very naughty boy indeed Woodwench love but Holly is the same, I tell her off and she is not bothered at all. She just looks at me as if to say "And?" lol! Oh yes, no more problems with that leggy with a jump like that. If only he could have delighted you by just making the jump and not chewing anything. I am afraid I had to have a bit of a giggle love, I am sorry, especially when you said there wasn't even a frazzled whisker. Being a Rex Holly doesn't have any but I have been quite lucky with her, she doesn't seem to bother with wires but they are all closed in any way.

Tell him Auntie Jo Jo 's hand pandy should be finding its way to bunny botty land, but we all know it is all we can do to even tell them off. Laughing

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Oh the little rat bag!!!

I often read of rabbits chewing through live cables and escaping unharmed. I wonder how they do it scratch

You can’t ever turn your back on them can ya! Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:21 pm

I think he got a bit of a shock. It was his sudden jumping away from the live cable that alerted me. He still keeps looking in that direction.... but I've put up a barricade. It's annoying because he is the first of five houserabbits to jump up there. Four foot is a good height to jump. And the barricade takes up valuable space. My sitting room is only 12' x 12' and with furniture there is little space left.
He has been a cheeky little git all day so maybe the shock rewired his brain.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:24 am

Yes me too Thumper love, they do seem to avoid being electrocuted. Four foot is indeed a great height to jump for a bunny Woodwench hunni and I have also heard it said they are afraid of heights. Holly climbs all over the furniture without a care in the world. I hope he starts to behave himself for you love LOL!

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down