Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: What's Wrong With Reboot?

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UPDATE: What's Wrong With Reboot? - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATE: What's Wrong With Reboot?

Post by woodwench Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:10 pm

We have an appointment with Andy on Tuesday morning. I want to discuss how he has been this past week without any pain relief and to get them to check out his anal glands and trim his nails.
He seems easier since being off the Loxicom and is eating all his nuggets and wild forage but still not into hay which he used to adore. He does eat hay loop treats and hay cookies though and plenty of dried leaves like dandelion, blackcurrant leaves and plantain.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: What's Wrong With Reboot? - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATE: What's Wrong With Reboot?

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:43 am

Oh bless him, I am so glad you have an appointment tomorrow hunni and I am glad he is eating something. Keeping their tummies moving is very important. I hope all goes well. Just as importantly how are you, sweetie?

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:48 pm

How are things with Reboot?

I’m so sorry to hear about Mike. I know how much they both mean to you Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:00 pm

Reboot is not too good. He's better after being taken off Loxicom. He is less tense and stressed but he still has gut problems and he is so depressed. He just lies around and has no interest in anything. If he does start to show an interest and maybe look like he wants a mischief game it's only for a few seconds and it's back to being a misery again. He's like a rechargeable battery that won't hold its charge. He's back at the vet (the good vet) on Tuesday morning for checks and a long discussion.... things can't go on like this.

Has for myself ... my brother died a week after Mike and his daughter never let me or his other two children (by his first marriage) know until the day after his funeral and then by a very brief letter from her solicitor posted on the day of his funeral so none of us could do anything to pay our respects or say goodbye. My family is ****!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:58 am

I am so sorry to hear about your brother, thoughts are with you. Sorry to hear how you found out and werent able to pay your respects.

Hope the vet has an answer for you on tuesday, shame the wee fella having to go through all this.

Xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:28 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Reboot darling, I hope today's discussion with the vet is fruitful and you are able to get something done for him. I am very sorry to hear about your brother too hunni and I agree it was a **** thing to do. Families huh!, the people I have always been close to have been friends. Thinking of you both now with lots of love.

Hugs
JO xx Hugs

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:18 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your brother Hugs

You are not wrong about families.

I hope the vet has some answers for you on tuesday, let us know how you get on

Gayle xx
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:04 pm

I'm dreading tomorrow. I've got a bad feeling.
I've noticed some worrying things over the past few weeks. Reboot seems to be having problems with both hind legs.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:49 am

How did it go sweetie, I hope all is OK.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:23 pm

Well, we saw the vet yesterday morning and it wasn't good news.
I reported how he has been since we saw him 5 weeks ago and everything I had seen. Andy did the turned over paw test we've probably all seen vets do on various TV shows and it confirmed what I feared. Reboot is losing the use of his back legs.
Andy says he's not in any pain but the prognosis isn't good. We go back in a month to see how he's progressing but he did say if I should need him before then he would be there.... I know what he meant.
My gorgeous, clever and loving boy, so full of energy and go ...
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:34 pm

Awww hunny i am so sorry

Xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:02 pm

I am so sorry it wasn't better news Sad

Does the vet have any idea what might be causing it?

Gayle
xx
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:10 am

It's definitely a nerve problem. Without an MRI he can't pin it down but it it could be as the result of an old injury or something generic. But he feels, and I agree, that all the stress involved with an MRI (4 hours travel and a GA) is too much to put him through to get a confirm of which when there is nothing to be done.
I've been reading back through my diaries noting dates of things I saw him do that struck me as odd and I found a couple of things that I can now see relate to this problem and they go back to shortly after I got him, way before that fracture last Nov..
Reboot has gone through such a lot in his short life but he has always shone.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:58 am

I am sure he will continue to shine too sweetie. Bunnies are like us, some get dealt a better deal than others but he has always had your love and that is the best thing of all. Thank you for the updates.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:37 pm

How is Reboot?
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:39 am

He;s still up and down.
I think (wonder) (hope) that he will improve when he's over this ghastly moult. His A-end looks like nothing on this earth ... I'm continually brushing, combing, plucking and sneezing! If he would only eat some hay. His poos are like a necklace of little black pearls. He used to love his hay, ate mounds of it of all varieties but now the odd stalk is eaten .... it's so sad.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:37 pm

I am so sorry Woodwench sweetie. I was hoping for really good news. We are all here for you.

Hugs Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:45 am

We're at the vets this morning (10 -10) appointment.
In the three weeks since he last saw Andy Reboot Has had a mixture of good/bad days. He was 'off' for a couple of days after that visit then he was reasonably OK for five days then off again for a couple of days. But he had a really good week until last Friday when he went off again and started picking at his food, lying about and looking depressed. He was really off on Saturday but still managing to eat a little. I think this has a lot to do with his moulting. It has reached his rump area and he is always grooming. His poos get so tiny and sticky and they are full of hair.
I do my best to groom him, combing, brushing, using the zoom groom, even stroking him with a wet hand. But two minutes after a session his rump looks as raggy as ever.
I don't know what the vet can do but he needs to break out of this misery fast or he's in big trouble.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:08 am

The poor little love and I am so very sorry for you too hunni. I really hope he snaps out of his mood very soon. Molting causes them such misery. Thank you for the update. Hugs

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:52 am

Oh Woodwench I am so sorry to hear this. Poor Reboot, and poor you.

I don’t know what to say Crying or Very sad

I’m also very sorry to hear of the loss of your brother Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:40 pm

Thanks, Thumper. It's been a rotten year so far.
Reboot goes in tomorrow for a dental. He has a spur on a lower tooth and Andy thinks that, though it's not hurting him, it is hindering his 'grinding' his teeth on tough foods like hay etc.. He has been very picky with his food since he had the anorexic episode at the start June and that's allowed the spur to develop.
I wish I could get him back onto the hay again. Maybe the dental will do the trick, he has picked at hay a few times every day but never got stuck in.
Fingers crossed.
Oh, the latest thing he's learnt to do is the old pea under the egg cup trick: 3 egg cups one stone and you pop it under an egg cup, shuffle them and he picks out the egg cup with the stone under it ... he succeeds about 8 times out of 10!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:41 am

Good luck with the dental love, I really hope it improves his appetite. I would love to see him get the pea out of the egg cup, it sounds as if he enjoys the challenge. I am so sorry it has been such a rotten year for you sweetie.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:34 pm

How did the dental go?

Gayle x
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:08 pm

OK, thanks, Jo.
He came home quite alert and produced some of the stinkiest poos I've ever known.... the smell filled three rooms! One poo I mistook for a black slug in his crate, it was the size of my little finger! After effect of the GA. He ate a little, mainly grass, carrot tops and a little parsley.
He had an X-ray done while under the GA to be sure there was no gut blockage of any kind; there wasn't but the X-ray did show a little sludge in his bladder which we had an idea he might have, but he is peeing OK so we hope getting him on a high fibre diet again will sort it, and soer his tooth spur prob. I've spent almost three months trying to get him eat properly again but with no success .... I do hope that now his mouth is sorted he will start eating like he used to do; he was a hay nut before.
While under the GA he also had his raggy ar'e sorted out and had a really good groom all over, he looks quite the buck now.
I was in the dog house of course and to blame for it all, it was only about half an hour ago that he finally came for some fuss ... I was ignored till then.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:46 am

Hopefully he will start eating priperly again soon

Xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next