Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emergency app with ophthalmic vet for MJ in the morning :(

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Emergency app with ophthalmic vet for MJ in the morning :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Emergency app with ophthalmic vet for MJ in the morning :(

Post by iiisecondcreep Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:43 am

Philip hasn't been great, we'd actually always thought that if MJ passed first then Philip would be ok because he's normally such a confident and outgoing guy and he loves people. But he's not. He's been a bit brighter today and yesterday. First few days he hardly moved, normally Philip is very active and follows us around like a dog. He's still not showing a lot of interest in us. He's not really eating his hay and he's not going in his litter tray. He is still eating his biscuits, tho he can't have too many of them. Been giving him extra Fibafirst sticks and I brought home some of the hay & grass nuts I feed the horse which he's eating. He's still pooing so he is getting enough to eat. We've also discovered he has runny eyes and nose, which I suspect has probably been going on for a while but he's always had MJ to keep them clean. I have called the vet school to discuss seeing as this is related to why he was in a few months ago but I've not heard back.

I've been better. I think the circumstances in which we lost MJ makes it worse. Having to be admitted to the vet school alone and then us not getting to see him again.
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1509
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Emergency app with ophthalmic vet for MJ in the morning :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Emergency app with ophthalmic vet for MJ in the morning :(

Post by woodwench Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:34 am

It's still early days and Philip is going to be missing MJ for a while yet. I expect MJ's presence boosted his confidence.
I hope you can get him sorted and maybe a vet trip will give him the nudge he needs to perk up.... you know, being away from home then the joy of returning.... that might be just what he needs to help him through.
I do hope all goes well.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4142
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:48 pm

Woodwench makes a good point re MJ boosting his confidence. Junior had none of his own. It all came from Molly. And even she isn’t as ballsy as she was.

It’s hard thing to deal with losing him like that. Be kind to yourself Hugs Hugs

Emergency app with ophthalmic vet for MJ in the morning :( - Page 2 C62a7810
Old lady Thumper went to sleep, 10/12/11
Molly and Junior, the norty pair!!
Mum to 2 hoomin hurricanes
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13636
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:02 pm

Hugs Hugs Hugs
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2