Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobbie.

Go down

Bobbie. Empty Bobbie.

Post by Sixer on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:40 am

Bobbie came to me on 26th January 1991, a stray picked up by the RSPCA, as a companion to Moses. With her ballet dancer's feet, eyes that pointed in different directions and half miaow she was never the most elegant of felines. However she was a tough old lady who shared her life with me for almost nineteen and half years. No one could have guessed at her age and her passing has left a huge gap in my life.

She turned out not to be true companion for Moses, she was a bit of a loner in the feline world and saw off all intruders who dared to venture into her patch. Even in her last weeks I watched her morph into a fluffy tailed wailing banshee who sent a ginger tom packing who had had the misfortune to came face to face with her. Bobbie was a bit of a tartsicle too, approaching stangers in the street for some attention, particularly if they were male. She was definately a man's cat and always appeared in the evening for some fuss and a good head rub from Chris. Recently she realised Matthew was starting to grow into a man and singled him out for some loving too.

When Moses left for the Bridge in February 2005, Bobbie revelled in being the only cat in the house. She became more vocal and affectionate and we got to know her better. Moses had been such a dominant personality that Bobbie had been overshadowed, now it was her time to shine. She was able to snooze in all the warmest spots in the house, was spoilt by Chris and even managed a couple of holidays with us in the Lake District. I miss her presence in the house so very badly. Despite being deaf and with ongoing kidney problems I really believed Bobbie would be able to enjoy another summer with us. It wasn't to be and Chris and I let her go on 7th June 2010.

Be happy and warm in the sun at Rainbow Bridge, Bobbie, my very special old biddy cat.

Bobbie. Bobbie2

Sleep tight Bobbie, forgive me for getting it wrong at the end.

Also remembering Monty, my very precious Sheba and Moses xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Bobbie. Empty Re: Bobbie.

Post by Snowy on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:02 am

Oh Vanessa, Bobbie was beautiful and she had so many happy years with you and Chris, lots of care and attention, good food and warmth and endless love from you both, I am so sorry she has gone to the bridge, I know you are devastated at her passing and I wish I could do or say something that would make it better but I can't.

I am sending you both massive hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs and I am sure Bobbie is at the Bridge running around fit and well.

You know where I am if you need me xx
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:05 am

She had a lovely long happy life after a shaky start. What more could she have wanted. She was loved, pampered and given that special place as No. 1 in the house that all cats secretly know is theirs by right!

We can all look back on things in hindsight and wish for a different set of circumstances or events. But in the end, we all do what we can at the time for the best and that is the most anyone can do and hope to do.

I hope that your house isn't too quiet and that the memories you have of such a special lady give you comfort once the raw feelings of loss have lessened. Hugs Hugs

Bobbie. NICKIEM
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:47 pm

what a lovely long happy life she had with you. she was beautiful. im so sorry for your loss. x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:41 pm

God Bless her heart. You were a very special lady. Warm your bones at Rainbow Bridge x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:38 am

I can't believe you had her all that time Vanessa, Bobbie was a very lucky lady, and she'll be with you always x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:50 pm

What a lovely tribute. Your love for Bobbie shines through. What an amazingly long life she had - she was lucky to have found you to care for her.

Sleep tight lovely Bobbie. Hugs to you Vanessa xx
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:21 pm

That was a lovely tribute to a very special lady. RIP Bobbie xx
Rice