Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny Biscuits! Thank u Grin for the idea <3

+6
Jay
LilyGrace
KatieB
NickieM
Vince the bunny
Yodaphine
10 posters

Go down

Bunny Biscuits! Thank u Grin for the idea <3 Empty Bunny Biscuits! Thank u Grin for the idea <3

Post by Yodaphine Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:58 pm

FIRSTLY~Wanna say a big thank you to Grin for the inspiration! Big bunny hugs from Ruby roo too! albino Hugs

Here is a really simple recipe for some healthy, all natural, no added sugar treats for your ickle buns, let me know your bunnies opinions should anyone try it! albino

2 Carrots~Grated
2 Bananas~Mashed
1 Apple~Grated
Handful of sultanas
Oats~Approx 6 handfuls (I have tiny midget hands, im only 5', you may need less ROFL )

Preheat oven to 100 degrees

Place grated apple, carrot and mashed banana in a bowl, add sultanas and mix well. Add oats by the handful until the mixture is stiff enough to roll out (This part is mainly guesswork, follow your instinct, as a rough guide it should resemble a slightly moist cookie dough Thumbs Up ) Roll out the dough and cut into your desired shapes. This was my first attempt so I only had circles, but I plan on getting bunny shaped cutters for round 2 Happy Dance I also made a few mini cookies for my little ratty Mishka, as these are rodent friendly too!
Bake on a VERY lightly greased (keep the calories low Thumbs Up ) baking tray, in the centre of your pre-heated oven until they are crispy, and all the moisture has gone...Roo is of the opinion 'The crispier the better'...judging by the way she nibbled all the crispiest bits from all around the edges first! I found leaving them in the oven, after they were cooked, whilst the oven is cooling down helps crisp em up even further!
Ruby spent the entire time by my feet whist I was making these! She was my self appointed Kitchen Supervisor...Periodically running around my ankles and tugging at my trousers demanding another taste of the mixture. Every part of this is bunny approved from start to finish, not one part of the process was untasted! Laughing It was like having a child pestering to lick the bowl out!

During the cooking time, Roo was like a cat on a hot tin roof, pouncing on me everytime I came back from the kitchen, in the hope that they were cooked already!
When the long wait was over and they were cooked and cooled, I gave one of the mini cookies to Mishka, she quickly snatched it outta my hand and ran off into her bed! You know when stuff gets taken to her bed its really sacred, something she does NOT wanna share with ANYONE!

And this was Roo's response...No mocking my sexy PJ's Laughing Y'all just jealous! Bunny Biscuits! Thank u Grin for the idea <3 P2601112
Bunny Biscuits! Thank u Grin for the idea <3 Th_Cookiemonster
So I guess you could say it was a hit, well worth the effort! And much better for your buns than these unhealthy, sugar loaded shop bought treats Happy Dance

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Bunny Biscuits! Thank u Grin for the idea <3 Empty Re: Bunny Biscuits! Thank u Grin for the idea <3

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:07 pm

Hmmmmm, I don't know about the bunnies, they may not make it past DH and the kids!! Thanks for sharing!
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Bunny Biscuits! Thank u Grin for the idea <3 Empty Re: Bunny Biscuits! Thank u Grin for the idea <3

Post by NickieM Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:26 pm

That sounds like a really good way to spend a rainy afternoon. So much better for them than the stuff made commercially.

Thanks to you and Grin for posting this. Thumbs Up
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Im going to try this. Dont tell hubby tho........I never ever cook for him! hee hee
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Can't wait to do some baking for the bunnies, will have to do it on my days off!! Very Happy Thanks for posting x
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:00 am

me wants some - Stewie can wait a while Laughing

Thanks for posting these, love it Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Fabulous Jo and Ruby, I am gonna give em a go at weekend. What a healthy way to keep them busy! You are a star! Thumbs Up
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:35 pm

[b]Just printed this one out now best sweet talk my darling wife No
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:13 pm

im off work tomorrow so am going to bake......... Now then....baking.....is it something to do with that big silver box thing in the kitchen??
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:06 am

we got one of them boxe,s in our kitchen I will ask the boss Ruffin Laughing
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:34 am

thats a great idea! I'll make some for Chewy & the hammies and let you know if they enjoyed it. Smile
One question though, is it ok to freeze them and to give them to the buns defrosted? I'm guessing these cookies get moldy pretty fast, and since Chewy has another type of treats he won't get one a day, neither will the hammies.
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2010-01-05

http://www.flickr.com/photos/milkyfactory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:37 pm

[b]The sultanas are these the ones in the litter tray or the sort that were on Dr Who Suspect
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:27 pm

Katieb wrote:im off work tomorrow so am going to bake......... Now then....baking.....is it something to do with that big silver box thing in the kitchen??

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:22 am

By sultanas do you mean dried raisins by the way?
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2010-01-05

http://www.flickr.com/photos/milkyfactory/

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:27 am

What a lovely recipe. Mr Snuffles would love it and the piggies too. Thank you for sharing.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down