Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moral dilema

+6
Yodaphine
NickieM
KatieB
Catsknickers
Velvet.Tears
Felix&Willow
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

moral dilemma - Moral dilema - Page 2 Empty Re: Moral dilema

Post by Felix&Willow Sun May 29, 2011 7:27 am

Yes, when you look at the rehomed buns they are all minilops, looks to me like she has dabbled in belgian hares and lionheads and now wants rid.

I feel physically sick this morning. Yasi wasnt well last night, and I dont really want to take her with me, but she really wants to come, I will have a chat with her when she wakes up and explain what I think is going on there, and that it isnt a happy event, she wont like what she see's, and she can see the ewok when I bring him home. She has seen the photo's of him but I havent pointed out that he probably isnt very well.

I might tell her we are fostering him and he may be going to a new home, hopefully that way it wont be such a blow if he doesnt make it, but a nice result if he is alright.

I will put Willow and Felix out in the hutch before we go so he doesnt have them sniffing at the cage to contend with, then tonight I will put him in my room so I can keep an eye while the girls roam around downstairs getting up to their antics. We have crows cawing away in the garden this morning so Felix is stamping out a constant warning and Will's is lying on her side asleep not giving a monkeys, so much for team work Laughing

Oh and by the way. Yasi wants to call the ewok Julio (hulio) - what a lucky chap?... Shocked
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun May 29, 2011 8:19 am

Good luck for today hun. x x x

I hope hulio comes to his forever home healthy x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun May 29, 2011 9:04 am

Just read this thread.

Good luck. It might be worthwhile asking why mum is being sold. It does sound like there is something not quite right with him, but it could be something stupid like the fur colour has come out wrong again or the ears aren't at the right angle or the mum has managed to mate with the wrong buck and this is result.

As you don't have to have your rabbit examined by a vet before you insure, I would read the policy details, then insure the rabbit. Then get him checked over by the vet.

What you want is him to be fully insured with the two weeks' pending period over before anything serious or long-lasting comes to light. Obviously, if it needs to be dealt with that day, you will have to waive that for the future. But if your vet can leave the official diagnosis until the cover is secure, then you will be OK.

Good luck. Wave
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sun May 29, 2011 9:36 am

Thanks nicki, im with pet plan so as soon as i bring him home i will give them a call and add a policy for him. I have wondered whether the other kits died, and thats why she calls him miracle. Also where are photos of him that have been deleted on the page.. Hmmm. If he doesnt have anything visibly wrong, is eating pooing etc, i will take him when the policy is over the 2 wks for his myxo. I have watched the vets examine my two and know the obvious things to look for, i expect he is too young for dental problems but will have a look if i can do it without stressing him out.

hmph, deep breaths! Wink
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sun May 29, 2011 10:48 am

Good luck today. Can't wait to see little Julio xxx
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sun May 29, 2011 10:59 am

thankyou! we will post some pictures when we have him sorted out, fingers crossed he is alright, i will let you know Hmmm
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Sun May 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Very Happy Only just read this thread and I cant wait to meet the little fella! You are doing a wonderful thing, keep us posted! xx

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun May 29, 2011 4:43 pm

I'm afraid to me a rabbit is a rabbit and I don't care where it comes from a breeder or pet shop if it need's help we will get it if we have to buy it or not as at the end of the day the rabbit's welfare is our concern.

I have been through this argument on another forum once and was torn apart from members for my views but I stick to them, if we walked away from a situation where a rabbit needed help then we might as well give up on rabbits and we are not prepared to do that. Because we bought some of the rabbits that we rescued it was seen as not a rescue due to paying for the rabbits involved, two of those rabbits were babies with serious eye problems and one of the rabbits was another baby with a bite wound to the back and was underweight and not eating.

I hope we don't get 'jumped on' for it on this forum but we stick to our guns rabbits are rabbits to us and we will not abandom them because they need help and are a breeders bun or a pet shop bun.

It's a pretty little bunny but it's not happy in fact it look's ill to me.....GO FOR IT and let us know how you got on Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sun May 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Thanks Maysie, I have got him, and boy am I glad, I remembered the story of your bun in the pet shop - this place is a nightmare, im very upset, but he is here, he will be ok Hugs
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun May 29, 2011 4:59 pm

Felix&Willow wrote:@velvettears: He does look a bit wonky doesnt he... ugh I just have this sense of doom - I have seen hundreds of photo's advertising baby buns, and I see them and think 'ahh' and move on, not this one though Suspect

I didn't realise it was you that had got him I just saw the little bunny and he look's so beautiful but so poorly Oh hope he will be ok Bless him, maybe in a happier environment with you he will be a lot happier doesn't sound a nice place that he came from Crying or Very sad

Oh and well done for getting him out of that awful place Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sun May 29, 2011 5:09 pm

As I have said to you, i love the look of Lion heads, and would have wanted one eventually, but from a rescue and already sorted - but i couldnt leave this chap - i have seen lots of healthy ones advertised and moved on from the ad, but i was worried about him, worries were confirmed and here he is, Im just going to call the insurance and put him on, i think the main issues are at the moment that he needs a good groom and he needs a complete diet overhaul, neither of which I can do right now, Im going to have to do it gradually, i will clean him up bit by bit so i dont stress him out, I really dont want to give him anymore of this food but I dont want to make things worse by changing him over too quickley - he is drinking lots and lots and has eaten some hay, a few poo's which are dry, he hasnt done a wee yet, that I can tell, i have the pet carrier with a towel in in the cage and have taken the door off it as he seems settled in there, i dont want to disturb him at the mo but when he wanders out i will check for any wet patches
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun May 29, 2011 5:20 pm

I think you are doing everything correctly and if I was him I'd be happy to be living with you as you seem so concerned and caring over your rabbits and I truly hope that he has a long and happy life with you, he is certainly a cutie and not unlike big Ewok Kenzo for hairyness Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sun May 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Smile Yasmin and I are arguing over names, and we need to decide so i can phone the insurance! Little chap is wolfing celery Very Happy Very Happy

Any name suggestions? A name that would go with Willow and Felix? Seem's Yasmin doesnt like the name Arthur, I think Artie would suit him... so the battle continues! We have bigger fish to fry other than his name of course, but i cant do anymore for him at the mo - he needs some undisturbed time and I have put a blanket over half the cage so he doesnt have to venture out of that part and be in veiw unless he wants to Love

Willow is looking at me from the run outside and probably wondering why Im not chatting to them while they have their dinner, boy is she going to be surprised when I bring them in and they sniff him out!
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun May 29, 2011 6:00 pm

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sun May 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Thankyou! I love Artie too, yasmin's not so keen as she is worried people might call him Artie farty! Laughing We are down to a short list - results should be in any time now Wink ..........we just did 5 names on bits of paper, shuffeled them in my hands, final decision - Rory Very Happy
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sun May 29, 2011 9:11 pm

Getting him insured is a good idea, but i know they don't cover dental problems and that's usually a reason a female is retired from breeding [if they are at least a semi reasonable breeder at least. Did you ask while you were there why mum was for sale?

I'm glad he is settling in, even though his food is bad best to keep it him on it for a little while and change gradually as i'm sure its a small comfort to him to have familiar food. I hope that the little one gets better and better Smile

Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sun May 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Thank u! Rory has no idea he has so many well wishers but i for one am gratefull for it. I have the insurance aspect covered as my other 2 are insured so thats all well understood. Mum has been psd from breeder to breeder, im working on it x
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sun May 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Have been following this thread and well done on what you have done. Hopefully reporting her to the RSPCA will do some good, what a ridiculous woman...how can you have that many of a type of animal and clearly not know anything about them...has she never even picked up a rabbit book!?

Rory is a lovely name, really suits him, cnt wait to see more piccys and what kinds of antics he gets up to!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun May 29, 2011 10:01 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:I'm afraid to me a rabbit is a rabbit and I don't care where it comes from a breeder or pet shop if it need's help we will get it if we have to buy it or not as at the end of the day the rabbit's welfare is our concern.

I have been through this argument on another forum once and was torn apart from members for my views but I stick to them, if we walked away from a situation where a rabbit needed help then we might as well give up on rabbits and we are not prepared to do that. Because we bought some of the rabbits that we rescued it was seen as not a rescue due to paying for the rabbits involved, two of those rabbits were babies with serious eye problems and one of the rabbits was another baby with a bite wound to the back and was underweight and not eating.

I hope we don't get 'jumped on' for it on this forum but we stick to our guns rabbits are rabbits to us and we will not abandom them because they need help and are a breeders bun or a pet shop bun.

It's a pretty little bunny but it's not happy in fact it look's ill to me.....GO FOR IT and let us know how you got on Smile

This forum isn't like that. Even if people disagree with what you post, as long as you haven't posted any deliberately offensive, people will argue and debate with you but you will not be attacked. The moderators on this forum will not accept that kind of behaviour and in all the time this forum has been in existence, we have only had a couple of locked threads. Because we are a small community, we expect everyone to be polite, considerate and thoughtful and to date, everyone has. It makes for a much nicer place and means that people are able to post freely and get help and advice without worrying.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon May 30, 2011 12:12 am

Thank you NickieM that's comforting to hear, I must admit I find this a lovely forum with lovely people Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Mon May 30, 2011 12:42 am

Well done on getting little Rory away from that awful place. You really have a big heart. I am sure he is going to have a wonderful life with you. x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2