Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ewok - the outcome!

+6
Catsknickers
SnowSpider
NickieM
Velvet.Tears
Tuckerbunnies
Felix&Willow
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ewok - Ewok - the outcome! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ewok - the outcome!

Post by Felix&Willow Mon May 30, 2011 7:20 pm

Ok, thanks ladies, will get him some pro-biotic, can I get it in PAH do you know?

I think your right about the towel, hmmm, will have a think about a compramise, god I love this boy Love he has one dark brown eye, and the other is dark, but has a bluey tinge - I could watch him for hours, oh, hold on, I have! Laughing Laughing

The girls: well well well! Willow, in true form is being a night mare, she is obsessed with scaling the furniture to jump on his cage, she is a girl on a mission - he is not bothered in the slightest and goes on about his business, Yasmin and I however are up and down like yo yo's. She got so manic at one point we put her in her cage and shut the door for 5 minutes peace! Felix was sniffing at the cage door and told Yas to leave her out, she hadnt mis-behaved so shouldnt be shut away - 5 mins later there was a wet pacth on the carpet....silly me thought Felix wanted Willow, what she wanted was the loo! Laughing Felix isnt interested in the slightest in our new resident, and is quite happy playing dead as usual.

I am wondering how I can rearrange things. I want the girls to continue their routine of free ranging while we are here, and being caged at night, in the run while we are out - it works and they are thriving - however Willow cant control her lust! I dont want to move Rory into a different room, I want to keep an eye on him and these easier in the main room of the house, and I want them to get used to each others smell etc, hmmm, maybe I need to accept that no matter how I re-arrange things, as long as their is a stick of furniture in here, Willow will find a launch pad and get up there. When there was just one cage in here, Willow used to jump up there all the time, so I just put a fleece balnket on the top so she couldnt slip her feet through the bars and hurt herself - perhaps I should do the same with Rory's when she is out and about, she cant get to him, and he doesnt seem bothered. If I put his cage on the floor she will harras him from all angles, at least she has to put effort into it at the moment. I would like to think the novlety will wear off - but I really think this nightmare bunny will continue to be a terror untill she is spayed, roll on july! Good job we all love her enough to tolerate her naughty ways, thats me, Yasmin, and Felix! Lets hope Rory is the tolerant type! Laughing
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon May 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Yes you can get it in P@H, it looks like this Pro-C Probiotic I have this for my bunnies.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon May 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Willow...... No

hopefully when she is used to him being around things will calm down.

You are deffo doing all you can.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Mon May 30, 2011 8:14 pm

I caged the girls and had Rory out for a bit of an explore, they went nuts trying to get out, he sprayed urine up their cage - jolly good, at least I know where I stand Laughing Laughing

Someones obviously feeling ok, hopefully well enough to have the snip, say ba by to your crown jewels Rory!

I will see how they go, its all a work in progress Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon May 30, 2011 8:18 pm

yea I think you may have some tricky times ahead in the next couple of months but its going to be worth it, you are going to have a lovely family there! Good luck honey x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon May 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Oooohhhh norty bun!!! Willow will have been soo annoyed. Your house must be so full of bunny pheromones. Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon May 30, 2011 9:27 pm

Ha ha spraying! He is feeling good then! this is just such a lovely story!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Mon May 30, 2011 9:51 pm

I might start my own online shop, i will call it 'howdoyoulikethoseeggsbigears?.com' it will stock those products we all need, such as 'ewok nappies' 'gumsheilds' 'robo date' - we can dream Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue May 31, 2011 8:06 am

I missed this over the week-end, I think you've done an incredible thing, and that story is heartbreaking. There's just no excuse, there's plenty of information there for people that can be bothered to look it up.

It's very distressing reading, but I hope you get somewhere with your report etc, as, whatever her intentions, those animals are being treated horrendously, garlic...

Welcome to HH Rory Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Tue May 31, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks Jay. I have tried to look into the garlic thing, i cant find info as to what animal benefits from this, i might email the breeder and ask her for a list of everything she was giving him so i can unpick it all. She will assume im asking so i can carry it on.

No wonder he stinks, its comming out of his skin. And no wonder he is drinking so much, fresh water is obviously delicious to him.

Operation war with willow commences today, the little moo is aggresively jumping from my sofa onto his cage and trying to force her head through the bars, im not sure if its lust or trying to attack him. I let her out as usual this morning and within 5 minutes she did it again and i had to lift her down in a towel or she would have had my arm off. So im rearranging the furniture and going to buy a puppy pen to gate his cage in. If she is still a snarling beast i will have to either stop letting the girls free range and hope willow calms down when she is spayed, or set rory up in the summer house. Felix doesnt care
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue May 31, 2011 9:43 am

Garlic is related to onion, which is well toxic to buns, as is garlic HBWS
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Tue May 31, 2011 9:56 am

Oh crikey, i knew onion was, this is what makes me worry about what is in his food, god knows, i could be giving him something toxic whilst weaning him off it! She buys a mish mash of stuff, what the hell is chudleighs? I know some of it is horse feed - 8 more days and he will be completely switched over, in the photos i put up is a picture of his food, the big cheerio looking things look like dried dog food to me, there was only 3 bits of this in the bag she gave me so im not giving them to him, i have kept hold of it to show the vet
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

ewok - Ewok - the outcome! - Page 2 Empty GARLIC

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue May 31, 2011 11:33 am

Garlic is a home remedy and can be given in the rabbit's food for the treatment of parasites but I for one would never ever give a rabbit garlic.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2