Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gypsy.

+4
NSD
Felix&Willow
JoeyBunsMum
Tuckerbunnies
8 posters

Go down

Gypsy - Gypsy. Empty Gypsy.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Gypsy yesterday after he came home from the Vet's and Mike gave him his medication.
Was bad enough trying to get his medicine down him wait till we trim round his eyes again

Gypsy - Gypsy. 20-6-11001

Gypsy - Gypsy. 20-6-11002

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Gypsy - Gypsy. Empty Re: Gypsy.

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Aww, he looks a bit grumpy bless him. He's having a bit of a bad hair day isn't he Smile

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:49 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:Aww, he looks a bit grumpy bless him. He's having a bit of a bad hair day isn't he Smile

He's lovely natured usually he just doesn't like taking medicine, I did his fur on his head like that for the photo but he hate's being brushed but he's 7 years of age now so we are apt to let him have his own way Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Yes, it's that 'medicine sulk' look probably most of us know well Laughing
He's a sweetie Smile

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Ah, lol, poor gypsy, its a tough old life at doolittle manor isnt it old chap Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:55 am

Ha ha ha ha I love that face! "how dare you touch my hair?!"
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:31 am

How is gypsy today?

Have u told us gypsy's story already? I dont remember seeing it, in fact we are missing the majority of their stories i think?! *Please rectify at ur earliest conveniance* Wink I think i speak for everyone when i say that we like to hear their tales of woe, finishing off with a happy ending at chez doolittle- the emotional roller coaster of it all is addictive! Infact u should write a book- id buy it! Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:52 am

Oh bless his heart, he is soooo cute! Even though he doesnt look very impressed at the medicine taking! ha ha
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:02 pm

He is so beautiful but looking a bit of a cross patch in the first photo LOL!!

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:16 pm

What an angel Love
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Felix&Willow wrote:How is gypsy today?

Have u told us gypsy's story already? I dont remember seeing it, in fact we are missing the majority of their stories i think?! *Please rectify at ur earliest conveniance* Wink I think i speak for everyone when i say that we like to hear their tales of woe, finishing off with a happy ending at chez doolittle- the emotional roller coaster of it all is addictive! Infact u should write a book- id buy it! Smile

Gypsy is a lot brighter today he has cataract's in both eyes and of course they weep now and then and make his fur a bit messy but we can't hear the nasal noise he was making yesterday and we are sure now he had something up his nose.

Gypsy and his Brother Angel came from a pet shop in Lancashire where they were underage (about 4 weeks old) and should not have left their Mother both babies had severe eye problems Angel's being far the worse of them both. We asked to see them both and told the Pet shop owner that they needed urgent Veterinary treatment to their eyes to which he replied that he would telephone the breeder to exchange them! we knew the breeder would no doubt neck them both as he wouldn't be able to sell them so we asked if we could have them, he would only allow us to take them if we paid for them and said we could have them cheaper. We paid and took them both straight away to our vet. Angel had bad scarring to one of his eye's and Angel's were very bad and we found out later on a visit to Harrogate with him to see Francis H, Brown that he was blind and also had no tear ducts.
Due to the bad breeding and leaving their Mother at such a young age they lost out on that important start and the rich vitamin full goodness of their Mother's milk and so Angel had a very low immune system and suffered all his life with infection after infection, I have lost count of the abscesses he had Bless him.
Last May we were treating him for sore hocks and an abscess came up on one of his hocks, through the hole in the abscess came a tiny fragment of bone, Mike rushed him straight away to the vet's and he was booked in the next morning for x-rays. The x-rays showed that he had Osteomyelitis in his bones and the x-rays were the worse I had ever seen as his bones were just crumbling away and some bones were missing. He hadn't got sore hocks the bones had crumbled in his back legs we had no option but to have him PTS there and then.
Angel was one of the happiest little bunnies that you would ever see despite his many infections, constantly weeping eyes and sore face. Mike loved him so much and looked after him since the day we got him till the day we lost him, Angel constanly would wash Mike and kiss him and he did as Mike held him and cuddled him for the last time. Mike came home a broken man that day he was absolutely heartbroken .
Can't write anymore sorry Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Ah sorry to have brought up sad memories Sad Now that u have reminded me, i do remember the story and photos of mike and angel - he lived long inspite of all his ailments, another testiment to the skills of u and mike Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:21 am

Felix&Willow wrote:Ah sorry to have brought up sad memories Sad Now that u have reminded me, i do remember the story and photos of mike and angel - he lived long inspite of all his ailments, another testiment to the skills of u and mike Smile

It's not your fault Beki I still feel so sad when I think of his x-rays and how his little bones had just crumbled away Bless him Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:20 am

Gorgeous little man. So sad that you lost Angel. We were only saying yesterday how much we admire what you do and how you must constantly put your self through horrific heart ache. Crying or Very sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down