Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two seriously loved-up but very perplexed bunnies...

+4
NickieM
Catsknickers
LilyGrace
Vivi
8 posters

Go down

Two seriously loved-up but very perplexed bunnies... Empty Two seriously loved-up but very perplexed bunnies...

Post by Vivi Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Well Ive been bonding Beatrix and Vivi, and I havent posted about it, coz everytime I do, disaster strikes... (I am now dreading tonight!). They now live in a cage together and have done for the past 3 nights. Ive slept on the couch beside them to make sure if anything starts in the night Im on hand to sort it.

There is much much much grooming and binkying going on, and they even run in circles around each other... Some serious love going on here, more than I ever thought... But... There's always a but...

They can't decide which bun is 'top bun', nor can they accept each other as equals, they are both trying to mount each other every now and then, which I break up... But Im worried, because I can't watch them and be there all the time, forever, so Im worried that eventually this mounting and unhappiness about it is gonna end in some fighting eventually (I bet tonight!)..

Anyone else had a situation like this before? Any advice?

I had to work today and I was dreading coming home to find two beat-up buns... Luckily, they're both snuggled up right next to each other, asleep and all fluffed up, looking very innocent and super-cute... Smile
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Two seriously loved-up but very perplexed bunnies... Empty Re: Two seriously loved-up but very perplexed bunnies...

Post by LilyGrace Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Oooh Luna and Thistle are still having the domninance war, but I don't think they'll fight over it...there has been no grunting on either part and Thistle is very laid back so doesn't get aggressive towards her. The last two days they have been humping eachother like crazy, but they are still very snuggled up and grooming/binkying/eating together!

I don't have any advice to offer, just that my two have been together for nearly two weeks now and despite the confusion over who is top dog (or bun rather) they haven't fought. In all honesty I think Thistle is in charge, but lets Luna think she is, mainly because she is the one who follows him around. Good luck and I hope they don't end up fighting, sounds like it's going quite well though Smile
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Two seriously loved-up but very perplexed bunnies... Empty Re: Two seriously loved-up but very perplexed bunnies...

Post by Vivi Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:46 pm

I think considering Bea grooms Vivi everywhere (Head to tail, even his belly...!) Id guess Vivi is boss bun, but Bea wants to think she is... Its the strangest bunny transformation Ive ever seen, Bea has usually been the very 'fiesty' bun...

Thanks for the reply, I guess Ill just have to leave them to it, and see how they go Smile
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Same with Luna!! She used to be VERY feisty and now she grooms him all over and snuggles with him and follows him around, it's strange to see her change like that - but very nice too Smile. Sounds like you have the same kind of pairing going on there so fingers crossed it works!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:50 pm

I think that if you have had no fisty cuffs by now then you should be in the clear!

I have 2 buns that have been together for almost 6 years and they still alternate who is gonna mount who!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:27 pm

Well Wolfie is always mounting Felix then he settles down and gives him a good grooming. It is very perplexing. Felix is very submissive and lowers his head as soon as you go near him. When Wolfie goes over, he lowers his head and Wolfie grooms him. Usually giving his runny eye a good licking. Laughing Laughing

Sounds like your pair are doing really well.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:06 pm

YAY! Heres to a successful bond!

Well done you!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:19 pm

It all sounds good! Rosie is often humping Hutch but if she does it too much he chases her off!
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:22 am

I would say it sounds like a good bond! Let us know how it went tonight, they may perpetually hump each other, but the grooming is a really good sign of a successful bond. Good luck!
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:04 am

Sounds great, it can take some ages to sort it, and sometimes they just groom each other anyways...they like to put us through all this confusion you know, makes them laugh Laughing
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:13 pm

All well! There hasn't even been any mounting at all since I posted here Smile
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down