Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rescue in the London/Surrey area - single bunny?

5 posters

Go down

Rescue in the London/Surrey area - single bunny? Empty Rescue in the London/Surrey area - single bunny?

Post by McQueen Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Dose anyone know of a rescue in the London/Surrey area that would possibly rehome a single bun and of course homes to people in flats? It’s a bit early to take on another bunny just yet as McQueen has just passed but I am looking into rescuing as I haven’t before. Mainly because rescuing was never for me, i live in a flat where space is limited and with many rescues only homing in pairs and to large living measurements I have never been able too, so going to a breeder was always the way to go. But I was kind of hoping in the years that more options are available?
McQueen
McQueen
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://www.goldenbunnies.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Rescue in the London/Surrey area - single bunny? Empty Re: Rescue in the London/Surrey area - single bunny?

Post by alicia Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:28 pm

I'm sorry to hear McQueen has passed away Sad I think a lot of rescues will only rehome pairs, though sometimes they rehome single rabbits, but normally only if the rabbit cannot live with another rabbit for some reason.
Could you not get a pair?
I think living in a flat wouldn't be a problem with rescues, as long as you could provide a suitable home and the rabbit had enough space to exercise etc. I think it would be OK.

Last edited by alicia on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
alicia
alicia
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-05-22

http://www.theguineapighutch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rescue in the London/Surrey area - single bunny? Empty Re: Rescue in the London/Surrey area - single bunny?

Post by Ruffin Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:43 pm

[b]I took on Ruffin as a single bunn from a rescue because she would not entertain anouther rabbit around. She was taken as a house rabbit and whilst I feel sorry for her now and again because she has no company of her own kind watching her I am sure she is very happy and the main thing she is safe loved and cared for. I realy hope you manage to sort somthing out Smile Smile
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:46 pm

I'm so sorry to hear Mcqueen has left you - I didn't know Crying or Very sad I think I'd email all the rescues around & ask if they have any suitable buns to go on their own, and see if a bunny-run could be arranged. Its not as big a deal if they are coming from a rescue quite far as its not a case of 'if they dont bond, he'll have to go back' kinda thing. Hope that makes sense xx
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:52 pm

There are often bunnies who just don't wanna pair up. The rescue I got Stewie from was very happy to let me have him as single, and she recommended that he be a house bunny.

Some places are unbudging about this policy, but not everywhere.
If it's not too far from you, Sue at southampton Rescue will home single buns, if she thinks they are suitable. I think singles thrive best indoors anyway.
Good luck Emma, hope you get what you want Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down