Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New houses!!

2 posters

Go down

New houses!! Empty New houses!!

Post by Indie22 Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:06 pm

Ive been a wee bit worried about my rabbit shed, its an old brick council type shed about as old as the house. The window is about to fall out and some of the brick work is a bit iffy, enough to be mildly concerned in gale force winds. Its started to get damp in one corner too. I feel terrible that I take up the whole shed and my mum hires a garage to keep stuff in but.......she has given me the go ahead for multiple smaller sheds at the to[p of the garden. I need 3x 6ftx4ft sheds and I am gonna lino the floors, board the sides so they cant chew them and either see if the small 4ft hutch I have would fit for a bed area only or make my own beds at the back with somewhere I can groom the buns on. In the shed I have not all the buns can get out in the bad weather as the group live on the floor level so each would have their own floor space and the outdoor areas/whole garden. Cant wait, gonna paint the insides different colours for each group and have fun with it. Also If I move out I can take the sheds.

saphie and zack would have one shed shared by jeff once they are neutered but he would be alone at night in a hutch. He looses his good temprament with people if he doesnt get his alone time.

Nougat and taffie in another with the guineas in a raised hutch

the group of 4 in the other but I will ramp up to shelves and beds on the back.

God I love my mum and I have roped my dad in to running power into them too.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://www.eladonnsreptiles.com

Back to top Go down

New houses!! Empty Re: New houses!!

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:19 pm

that sounds fab! will look forward to seing photos when it's all done! Very Happy
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:43 pm

I am just trying to raise some money for it now, I can get each shed at £134 from b&q, they are cheaper but If I creosote them well and line the inside so they arnt eaten then they should be fine, the main point is they are dry and at that price in the worst case cenario I can replace it. Then its lino, new bed areas and boards and paint to but. I plan on getting them spring time if I can raise money and working on them all summer.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Sometimes it worth looking through your stuff to see if theres anything you can sell to raise some funds. I've sold quite a bit of unwanted stuff to get a bit of extra cash to buy my buns extra bits and peices. It all helps!
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:58 pm

I have one of my snakes for sale as her genetics are quite saught after she will raise enough for all the sheds just not the bits and bobs but she could be up for sale a while.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down