Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added**

+8
Catsknickers
Dotdot
NSD
KatieB
Jay
Yodaphine
Velvet.Tears
LilyGrace
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added** Empty Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added**

Post by LilyGrace Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:24 pm

So I have finally bought...and no there are no photos here yet but there shall be once I get it set up and then I'll take photos to show how it has gone....
It looks quite complicated atm, so I'm off to read the instruction manual scratch
For anyone who's not sure what I mean, I bought this....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rabbit-Living-World-Teach-Interactive/dp/B004HYW9B8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1302013405&sr=8-1

Although I got mine from a local petshop for ten pounds...so offs I go, I shall be back to update in a bit!

Last edited by LilyGrace on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added** Empty Re: Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added**

Post by Velvet.Tears Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:25 pm

I have one of those! Romeo is the only one who will play along the others expect me to lift the things off and give it to them
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added** Empty Re: Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added**

Post by LilyGrace Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Velvet.Tears wrote:I have one of those! Romeo is the only one who will play along the others expect me to lift the things off and give it to them

I'm hoping Thistle will love it as he likes things like that, Luna I'm not sure about, she'll probs get him to do all the work!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:37 pm

Ooooh, I was thinkin of geting one of these for Roo, but fear she will just sit and stare cluelessly at it, and then when she does realise it takes a bit of effort, lose all interest completely! confused Im intrigued to see how you get on x

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:45 pm

Yodaphine wrote:Ooooh, I was thinkin of geting one of these for Roo, but fear she will just sit and stare cluelessly at it

This is what all of mine did apart from Romeo. Laughing They all looked at me as if to say " Well, aren't you going to give me the treats" Laughing
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:12 pm

Well this is how we have got on so far, even though level three is supposed to be harder than level 2, I thought level 2 was actually more difficult for them....
So here's stage one... (I put Science selective pellets in, instead of treats)

You put in the large disc and they slide it around to get the pellets, with two rabbits working together this didn't last very long so I only got one photo ha....

Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added** DSC_1527

This is stage two, you put pellets under the blue things and the idea is the rabbits pick it up, on second go as you can see Thistle found better, faster ways of getting things done...either that or he was having a rock star moment and decided to trash the place...

Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added** DSC_1530
Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added** DSC_1532
Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added** DSC_1535

In this one Thistle has actually pulled the blue thing out and is throwing it in the air but I just missed it Sad...

Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added** DSC_1538

And by this point Luna decided to leave Thistle to his madness...
Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added** DSC_0005

Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added** DSC_0004

Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added** DSC_0010

Stage three....You put the white guard in the middle and then the blue parts slide along so the rabbit has to push it around with its nose/paw...in this case nose! This was over really quickly with the both of them using it...

Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added** DSC_1546

Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added** DSC_1551

Teach and treat! ** U/D photos added** DSC_1554

All in all I'd say it's pretty good! And I'm sure I'll find more ways of making it harder and different for them, not totally sure it's worth £10 + so if u want it shop around for a cheaper deal or second hand one. It does say in the booklet ways of getting the animal to learn how to use it, so I guess if they did just sit infront of it and get confused, u can use some of those tips!

Thistle is now eating the instruction booklet....

LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:59 pm

That's brilliant, thanks for posting it, I'm thinking of doing a review of this for HM, your input/experience would be really helpful if you don't mind Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Ahh cool, yeah I don't mind ^_^ Thumbs Up
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Awww, didnt take them long to work it out then! ha ha ha

Lovely to see them as always x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Wow!! Clever buns! I have to say, after seeing this in action, Im seriously considering getting one!nThanks for posting this xx

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Awesome! I shall try and film it tomorrow when my OH is home, because then you can see how they act with it properly. I think it'd suit a single bun more because with two of them they work it out a lot quicker and steal each others pellets haha Laughing
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:55 pm

Oh wow they seem to be really enjoying themselves (if not conquering it far too easily!) Laughing It seems like a really cool toy, I might have to see if there are any similar ones over here
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:25 am

Haha I had such a giggle at Thistles rock star moment lifting the whole thing up.
I'm going to have to give it another go with Tigger, she seems to expect me to do all the work. Rolling Eyes
So great to see them enjoying it though!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:58 am

Wow this is brilliant and what a great way of observing them working things out! Thumbs Up Can't wait to see the video!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:18 pm

I gave this a go again yesterday and because she's older she is really getting the hang of it... so much so I wasn't putting the food under the cups quick enough yesterday and she actually grunted at me Rolling Eyes
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Ha ha ha ha that's brilliant! Glad she's picked it up now so it hasn't turned out to be a waste of moniesss Smile. Luna thinks the treat is IN the blue cup and when she picks one up she runs off with it across the room to keep her prize to herself....while that's going on Thistle eats what she left behind Laughing poor girl!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:29 pm

HaHaHa I can just imagine her face when she discovers its empty...and Thistle's compete delight at her silliness! ha ha ha

Tigger really is a cheeky monkey......amd I do sooooo love a cheeky bun!!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:06 pm

What gorgeous adorable buns. Thank you for sharing.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:21 am

Poor Luna! Haha she tries to be sneaky but she hasn't quite got the hang of it.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:00 am

We has a videooo!! But can't upload it yet cus it's on the OHs phone and last night our net was down on the laptop Smile..but I shall try and get it on here asap
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:18 am

I've been in contact withthe company that make the Teach & Treat and they are going to send me a sample to review for HM Smile

They also asked if they could use your photos (along with any that SJ & I take) for their PR. Let me know if you're ok with that or not, and I'll send them over, or not.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:23 am

I'll see if I can get sum pics of mine using theirs.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Jay wrote:I've been in contact withthe company that make the Teach & Treat and they are going to send me a sample to review for HM Smile

They also asked if they could use your photos (along with any that SJ & I take) for their PR. Let me know if you're ok with that or not, and I'll send them over, or not.

It won't let me PM you back for some reason :/ so here's my reply "Hey! Yep that's fine Jay Smile glad it is of some use ^_^...I keep trying to upload a video as well but it's on my OHs phone so he needs to sort it out - when I do if u need to/want to use that as well at all you're welcome too Thumbs Up"
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:30 pm

i'm SO getting this for Chewy!
I'm always looking for ways to entertain him more, since he always seems bored unless he's on the beach.
I was wondering, would this work for guinea pigs, do they make one for them?

EDIT: Aaaaw, I was about to order it along with a book I've been wanting for a while, but it says it can't be shipped to Spain.. I really want this, I'm certain that Chewy would love it.
Does anyone know of another website I could get it from that ships to Spain?
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2010-01-05

http://www.flickr.com/photos/milkyfactory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:50 pm

have you tried on petplanet? they might ship there
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next