Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chance Nearly Finished Me Off!

+4
KatieB
NickieM
Yodaphine
Catsknickers
8 posters

Go down

Chance Nearly Finished Me Off! Empty Chance Nearly Finished Me Off!

Post by Catsknickers Wed May 04, 2011 8:06 pm

I know I keep saying it but the old man is getting more and more frail by the day and now looks pretty horrendous. He is so thin and weak and his eyes are awful. I bath them but they need real scrubbing which he will not let me do, he gets so stressed that he gets all breathless and the last thing I want is for him to pass like that, so the vet said to leave him be as much as possible. Anyway today we had been out for lunch and came home and there he was on a pile of earth Easter has dug, out and what looked like dead. I took one look at him through the window and got hysterical crying. Damien and my parents walked in behind me and thought something had happened to the baby. I went rushing out to Chance and touched him and he leapt up and looked at me disgusted that I had ruined his sunbathing time. Shocked I was a sobbing mess by this point. I know it is coming. I know it will be any time. But man it is awful. I really just want him to drift off to sleep in the sunshine, I really don't see how much longer he can go on and seeing him fade away like this is awful. But the vet thinks he is comfortable despite his appearance. It is still so sad Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Chance Nearly Finished Me Off! Empty Re: Chance Nearly Finished Me Off!

Post by Yodaphine Wed May 04, 2011 9:34 pm

Bless you hun, you are doing the absolute best you can for him, and he knows that! Whenever I see him he always seems happy enough, sure he is old and frail...But I certainly dont think he is suffering in any way at all...and the moment he does start to suffer I truly believe that is when he will let go, and when that time does come he knows you will be there for him, just like you always have! Although there is that slight part of me that wonders if he ets som sort of kick outta givin you mild heart failure! xx

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed May 04, 2011 9:48 pm

You know that sad day is approaching but although it will be sad for you, you have done such a lot for this old guy. He would never have reached the age he has without so much love and care from you, so you should be really proud of yourself. I hope he goes in his sleep one night, but however he goes, you will be in bits. Especially just now when you've had a baby and your hormones are all over the place. xx Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed May 04, 2011 10:04 pm

I was a hysterical wreck earlier and Damien has tried to talk to me and say that I have given him so much and it is just his time, but i just wanna wrap him up and make him young again Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 05, 2011 7:49 am

Oh honey, what a fright.

Chance is such an amazing guy, watching him fade like this must be unimaginably painful. He has an amazing life with you, more than most can even imagine. Im sending you hugs honey and nose rubs for this very very special little boy.

Katie x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 05, 2011 8:59 am

Catswhiskas wrote:I know I keep saying it but the old man is getting more and more frail by the day and now looks pretty horrendous. He is so thin and weak and his eyes are awful. I bath them but they need real scrubbing which he will not let me do, he gets so stressed that he gets all breathless and the last thing I want is for him to pass like that, so the vet said to leave him be as much as possible. Anyway today we had been out for lunch and came home and there he was on a pile of earth Easter has dug, out and what looked like dead. I took one look at him through the window and got hysterical crying. Damien and my parents walked in behind me and thought something had happened to the baby. I went rushing out to Chance and touched him and he leapt up and looked at me disgusted that I had ruined his sunbathing time. Shocked I was a sobbing mess by this point. I know it is coming. I know it will be any time. But man it is awful. I really just want him to drift off to sleep in the sunshine, I really don't see how much longer he can go on and seeing him fade away like this is awful. But the vet thinks he is comfortable despite his appearance. It is still so sad Sad

Wow! I felt like I could have written parts of that myself!

I can totally understand what you are going through. I have had my girl 10 years, but I don't know how old she really is.

My heart is in my throat every morning I open my living room door. And I love the mornings when she is making a noise so I don't have to do that whole finding courage to open the door thing.

I get lots of "but she's had such a good life with you" "Oh she's old" "Surely she can't have long left to go"

It makes me so mad. Yes, she has had a great life with us, and has been spoiled so much is ridiculous. But that wont make it any easier... And it doesn't make you fear the day that she/he is going to go any less.

I drive myself mad sometimes because I'm constantly thinking, this could be my last day with her.

I too, want her to go peacefully, in her sleep. No vets, no drama (we've had enough of that over the years!). Just for her to go to sleep one last time. But hopefully not for a long while yet.

I'm actually gettin upset writing this so I'm gona stop!

I totally understand how you feel Crying or Very sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Thu May 05, 2011 10:01 am

I've got a massive lump in my throat reading this Crying or Very sad I so wish there was something we could do to make him younger again, I think he has a special place in so many hearts. Its comforting knowing we've given them amazing lives etc etc but it doesn't help rationalise losing them. I would've reacted the exact same & I don't have hormones to blame! Embarassed X
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Thu May 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Oh bless him, you've done wonders for him Charlotte and he has such a lovely home with you.

I hope he goes peacefully when his time comes. Won't make it any easier for you though.

These bunnies capture our hearts so much, don't they? Hugs Hugs x
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu May 05, 2011 12:57 pm

I'm so sad reading this Char Sad You know you've given that little man the best he could have, but I hope you get your wish that he will slip away in the sunshine. I'm never sure if it's easier knowing this is gonna happen or the suddenness of a shock passing.

Lots of Hugs xx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down