Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so....what should i do?

+5
buddabun
Happy Hoppers
ratface
Snowy
McQueen
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

so....what should i do? - Page 2 Empty Re: so....what should i do?

Post by McQueen Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:28 pm

I have just extended McQueen’s create. No images yet. It’s just under 6ft long ways and in width the wider part is 3ft and the crate part is about 2.6(slight L shape). I am thinking of putting a ledge in his crate at some point as well. Typical though he always stays in the crate.
McQueen
McQueen
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://www.goldenbunnies.org.uk

Back to top Go down

so....what should i do? - Page 2 Empty Re: so....what should i do?

Post by purplebumble Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:47 am

We had a bun like this..he was a heinz 57 one tho free to me.
We nicknamed him the furry termite for obvious reasons! All the stuff he destroyed he never destroyed my long curtains as he liked playing peek a boo with them. He got owrse as he was done but purely because he was over 6 months as he had a bladder infection to clear up first..and he always weed n pooed all over the settee or armchair but he settled down after hed been done for 6 months but he still like to chew things..even the plaster off the corner wall in the lounge!!

Our cats used to keep him busy...especially my little cat..she was like a rabbit in a cats body! i have always had a time out policy with my buns and then they come out again after a short while and if they od the same bad thing again..back in they go etc etc Apart from the frenchies who live in a big pop up kids tent with scooby doo all over it!

I always tend to find buns always play up more if you are angry or stressed out like small children do! More importantly you will find some buns more demanding on your time than others. We have those playpens that are made up of metal panels held together with poles/spikes to go in the ground. Those are cable tied around the tv unit!! we have bunny proofing but willows the only bunny who has eaten right through the flexible tubing stuff so im digging out my plumbing pipes i had for my first bun who was a chewer of wires extraoridnaire! im going to have to buy some plumbing pipe elbow joints etc so i can bend it enough to fasten it to the wires! ive decided to go green...get some solar table lamps things much safer than chewed calbles or with the cats smashed lamps!!
sadly fans in this heat need cables and were a few down thanks willow!

I have had dwarf lop from the pet shop she was a chewer...my second bun free from a friend of a freind and he was a cross of everything i swear..and a furry termite.....my mini lop was an angel...he was sooo good and sooo clean. his wifey we got from the rescue was not and he hated her being so dirty in his cleanest of dog crates yud wish to see. when he passed we borrowed then acquired my frenchie boy who hasnt destroyed anything but only because itd be too much effort...then we got a young doe frenchie from the lady i got bertie from..shes a shower hobbyist.....and shes been a nibbler hidden..i have books with no spines left.....curtains with 50p size holes in the bottom hem......fur fabric gone off the edges of the cats scratch posts....an air cooler.....a fan.....a steam mop...and mobile air con unit all minus wires!! shes a demon in that rescpect and is almost 2 but she acts like a 6 month old bun.......she never wees on anything unless its the furniture in the end of the lounge where the little buns are so its off limits..she always poos in her tray..so good...is clean and tidy whereas berties a slob and pos himslef even asleep!!

you could put up a playpen so he cant get up to too much grief until youre ready to sit down and relax and spend time with him........a friend usually gives them something to do but that friend may have even worse habits t copy!! my first bun had 3 cats..shed have eaten another rabbit!!
we have 2 dim cats now and the buns and them co exist nicely untilt hey all decide its mad dash about time..then its safer to stand outside till they all slow down!
theres a myth about lops being mellow etc but ive not heard of any proof that one breed is worse than another..and males and females can be as bad as each other. like people its up to the buns personality and how it interacts with stuff and people and pets around it.

i know what you mean..a certain cat rescue said we couldnt adopt a 7 month old cat as our bertie would be a danger to it..ie sit or rollonit and injure it!! so we got 2 kittens moggies..and they were soooo tiny but bertie fathered them and bif my little bunnie girl mothered them..even litter trained the boy! its so annoying sometimes......

diferent bun s like different playthings or games that you play with them..vary the routines etc and take turns in keeping him amused till he gets sooo happy he binkies like mad ..mad dashes until he wears himself out!

purplebumble
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum