Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today i could have been posting in rainbow bridge :(

+6
Felix&Willow
woodwench
Tuckerbunnies
KatieB
Jay
marleyNfriends
10 posters

Go down

Today i could have been posting in rainbow bridge :( Empty Today i could have been posting in rainbow bridge :(

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Because Skye was a few nibbles away from electrocuting herself and it was all my fault! Crying or Very sad

The one place i didnt bunny proof because i thought it was impossible to get to. No
She was free ranging while i tried to make the 2nd level in her pen a bit more sturdy and change the ramp around. It was making a racket as i was fiddling with everything, if i hadnt stopped for a break i wouldnt have heard her chewing and what probably would have happened doesnt bare thinking about.

I realised she had managed to get under my bedside table through the tiny little carvings in the front of it. Shocked In a blind panic i pulled it over to get her out and unplug the socket. I got her in the nick of time, shed gone through the cable and then through the other layer of plastic and the wires were all exposed.

I sometimes wonder weather i should have pets at all, the occasional mistakes i make always have the potential to cause a disaster. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I thought my room was safe.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Today i could have been posting in rainbow bridge :( Empty Re: Today i could have been posting in rainbow bridge :(

Post by Jay Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:27 pm

Phew - I think all house bun owners have had scares, I know i have, thank goodness Skye saw fit not to touch that No
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Today i could have been posting in rainbow bridge :( Empty Re: Today i could have been posting in rainbow bridge :(

Post by KatieB Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Dont beat yourself up about it hun, everyones buns have been through a wire or seven, and it doesnt matter how well we think we have bunny proofed - they always seem to find a way in!

Glad she is okay - i imagine she gave you quite a fright the little monkey!

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Jay wrote:Phew - I think all house bun owners have had scares, I know i have, thank goodness Skye saw fit not to touch that No
If i hadnt grabbed the poor thing, i think she probably would have.
Katieb wrote:Dont beat yourself up about it hun, everyones buns have been through a wire or seven, and it doesnt matter how well we think we have bunny proofed - they always seem to find a way in!

Glad she is okay - i imagine she gave you quite a fright the little monkey!

Laughing I know, but theyre usually switched off at the mains, apart from this one as its used all the time! The expression on her face when i grabbed her makes me laugh now, but the thought of what could have happened reduces me to tears now ive gotten over the initial shock.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:39 pm

They really know how to put us through it these buns! I know I didnt ever have as much stress with my doggies!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Katieb wrote:They really know how to put us through it these buns! I know I didnt ever have as much stress with my doggies!

I know but i just adore bunnies Love They make lovely pets and are just so misunderstood! Sad
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:13 pm

None of us are perfect we learn by our mistakes, I've lost count of wires that have been nibbled in the past Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:33 am

Thank goodness I have the thrifty habit of always switching off at the mains, nothing is on stand-by, cos Lil Loll once had a picnic behind the TV. I'd missed blocking the access to the rear of the unit and he investigated. I had just enough cable left to re-attach the plug and have it reach the socket! Needless to say all bunny accessible cables are now protected; I don't relie on blocking access.... I still switch off though.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:26 am

A few mnths ago willow mananged to scale 3ft barrier to get behing the tv, she gnawed the 'roots' like a rabbit possesed, the gap between the massively heavy tv unit and the wall is too small for me to get behind, i was trying to push her bum out with a broom, my daughter was crying, felix was stamping, it was blind panic! Like a weight lifter i squated like a sumo wrestler and heaved the whole lot tele and all away from the wall and as i lifted her up, asbo bunny kept the cable in her mouth and chewed with all her might, it had to be prised from her determined jaws. If i ever land myself in jail, i dont want a hack saw hidden in a cake, i want a visit from willow, she would break us out in a flash, and take out the prison guards too. What was the big scary guy called in the james bond film with the metal teeth? I should rename her after him, she doesnt know her name anyway, she thinks she is called 'little bu@~er' Wink
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:53 am

So glad that Skye wasn't hurt. They are so determined that even though you bunny proof they can get there. I think rabbits can apparate.

Willow ROFL ROFL
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:33 am

I have done the same thing, except Domino did bite the cable! But my mum had turned off the electricity in the outhouse just incase, if she hadnt.... pale

we all make mistakes, none of us are perfect x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:14 pm

This also happened to me too with the late Barney. He went nibbling the fridge cable (thank god he didn't go through) No

It's always the 'bun proof' - or so you think - areas, the times you turn you're back for a one second, or places you think are impossible to get to, that they invade and do very naughty things.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:44 pm

Felix&Willow wrote: What was the big scary guy called in the james bond film with the metal teeth?

Jaws Laughing

Yea i thought i was good till one day i picked up my phone charger from where i had put it away and it fell apart into two pieces. Also my fan wire i noticed the other day had some suspicious chew marks in it. Bunny proofed everything, even the stuff he cant get too just in case. I however, always turn everything off at the mains like a ocd crazy and check its off, don't know why but it helps with marsh not electrocuting himself.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:48 am

Whats the stuff people buy from IKEA to put around the wires? Is it any good?
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:54 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:Whats the stuff people buy from IKEA to put around the wires? Is it any good?

Razor wire would be effective, except with Sooz's Juno who can eat through wire. Laughing Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:50 pm

I got some wire wrap stuff from the pound shop

Today i could have been posting in rainbow bridge :( Daisy003

It was only a pound for 3m

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:41 pm

NickieM wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:Whats the stuff people buy from IKEA to put around the wires? Is it any good?

Razor wire would be effective, except with Sooz's Juno who can eat through wire. Laughing Laughing Laughing
And what does this look like, where can i find it and how much does it cost, usually Smile
Katieb wrote:I got some wire wrap stuff from the pound shop

It was only a pound for 3m

Do you think thsi will be enough to stop Skye? ALL my wires and sockets are now behind C&C grids, i also have C&C grids around the backs of any furniture that she can get under, if i use this stuff too, do you think i can sleep easy? I mean, what are the chances of her being able to get through the C&C grids and the extra layer of casing?
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down