Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rosie Rabbit finally got her happy ending.

+9
NickieM
4390evans
KatieB
Josie
fall3n-ang3l
Velvet.Tears
Tuckerbunnies
dizzylynn
marleyNfriends
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rosie Rabbit finally got her happy ending. Empty Rosie Rabbit finally got her happy ending.

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:50 pm

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!! HBWS HBWS HBWS HBWS

Ive offered to take on my neighbours "daughters" rabbit numerous times over the last 2 years. This bun is now 5+ years old, shes in a 3ft hutch, massively overweight (aparently she cant get into the bedroom area Hmmm ), unspayed and unvaccinated, probably doesnt have hay either. From what i can gather, she no longer comes out of the hutch because she was moved to my neighbours MILs 3 years ago and she has a few cats.

When i was considering a 3rd bun, I even offered to take her on for the last time. Nothing came of it, and I went on to get Skye.

When Dad picked me up from work today, he asked me if i knew anyone who would take her on because the little boy (he cant be any older than 6 if that!) is getting a rat and the girl is getting a snake!! Shocked I went mad, im pretty annoyed as now its too late and i cant do anything for her. I cant even take her on to get her spayed/vaccinated and rehome her myself because its more than likely she will be a hopping health issue and I no longer have the money.

I dont know what to do. All I can do is ask people on here if theres anything they can do? If they advertise her, shes just going to end up in a home exactly the same!! The poor girl needs some TLC, not more children to rag her around, especially at her age. It breaks my heart, because 6 months ago, I could have done something about it. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

If anyone thinks they can help Rosie, please let me know.

Last edited by marleyNfriends on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Rosie Rabbit finally got her happy ending. Empty Re: Rosie Rabbit finally got her happy ending.

Post by dizzylynn Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:12 pm

Thats shocking, they must not know what they are doing, poor rabbit is bound to have a sore bottom as well, if its so over weight it cant get into the shelter of its hutch then it must be dirty down there as it wont be able to reach round to clean itself, plus the other bit of the hutch more likely isnt getting cleaned very often if its this poorly looked after. Hope you find someone to help.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Rosie Rabbit finally got her happy ending. Empty Re: Rosie Rabbit finally got her happy ending.

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:15 pm

I really dont want to think about it. If it wasnt for our current situation, Id take her on myself temporarily, or if she had long term issues possibly find her a sanctuary place, but if I couldnt rehome her id feel like im adding to the problem. Unfortunatly, Skye will be my last bun for a long time now.

If there is anyone who can help, then Ill go and see her, and try to assess the situation properly and find out exactly whats what. Otherwise, Ill suggest a rescue. I think thats about the best chance she has, but wether they will actually take her, I dont know.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:53 pm

This is so sad poor bun what a life she has had stuck in that hutch Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:56 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:This is so sad poor bun what a life she has had stuck in that hutch Crying or Very sad

What do you suggest, Maysie?
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:57 pm

I think you are probably a bit far for me to take her in.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:00 pm

So she is 5+, never been vaccinated or spayed, gross overweight could have dental problems and is in a far too small hutch....seems like our type of bun we will take her and will get her booked in for a check up with our vet and take it from there. We will have to sort out at time and date.

We can give her what time she has left a wonderful life!

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Velvet.Tears wrote:I think you are probably a bit far for me to take her in.

A bun run could possibly be organised - Though I dont drive so the furthest i could get would be Darlington train station! I have had one offer, but Ive never spoken to this person in my life, and though she says she would be free range, the number of piggies in very inadequate accomodation is a concern! Thats just from poking around on her facebook though. She could be fantastic, but would rather do it via a forum such as this.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:So she is 5+, never been vaccinated or spayed, gross overweight could have dental problems and is in a far too small hutch....seems like our type of bun we will take her and will get her booked in for a check up with our vet and take it from there. We will have to sort out at time and date.

We can give her what time she has left a wonderful life!

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Really!? That didnt take much consideration! Laughing Im almost crying, are you sure? If thats the case, ill beg my dad to go and find **** and speak to her tonight?!

Last edited by marleyNfriends on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Yes we can't have her stuck in a small hutch with no life like that it's not fair to her and we can get her sorted out Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:13 pm

Ill go and see **** now. We can sort collection and things out later, but are you able to collect her? I could get her to Darlington - But I dont quite know when.

Ill go see her and report back on what shes really like. If you could inbox me your phone number, I can give you a call and also pass on ****'s details if you want them.

Last edited by marleyNfriends on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:17 pm

omg,thats amazing tuckerbunnies Thumbs Up Hugs
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:18 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:Ill go and see Mary now. We can sort collection and things out later, but are you able to collect her? I could get her to Darlington - But I dont quite know when.

Ill go see her and report back on what shes really like. If you could inbox me your phone number, I can give you a call and also pass on Marys details if you want them.

We can collect her that's ok will Pm you now xx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:24 pm

Oh thats wonderful had Maysie of not offered I would have come up to Darlington and collected her.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:28 pm

Oh Maysie you are a big softy Very Happy and a life saver.

What a wonderful life she will now have, a new Tuckerbunny Love
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:31 pm

Another bunny for me to steal Laughing
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:31 pm

I'm thinking it would be nice eventually to bond her with Barry the Bun as he is a lovely laid back bunny Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Oooohhhhh lucky Barry Thumbs Up
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:34 pm

fall3n-ang3l wrote:omg,thats amazing tuckerbunnies Thumbs Up Hugs

Agreed, quite wonderful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:35 pm

Is is too previous to ask for pics? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:53 pm

Josie wrote:Oh Maysie you are a big softy Very Happy and a life saver.

What a wonderful life she will now have, a new Tuckerbunny Love

I had to ask Mike first and he read about her and said 'Oh go on then' Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:05 pm

Ill get some pictures up now. They arent very good, as they were taken on my phone, but shes BEAUTIFUL. Love She'll make a fantastic Tuckerbunny!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:13 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:Ill get some pictures up now. They arent very good, as they were taken on my phone, but shes BEAUTIFUL. Love She'll make a fantastic Tuckerbunny!

Oh I shall sit and wait for them then , I'm suppose to be doing the buns their tea but I'm all excited now Happy Dance

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:19 pm

wow!

I really really hope this works out....Ive got knots in my tummy.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Rosie Rabbit finally got her happy ending. Rosie10-9-2011wenttotuckerbunnies4

Rosie Rabbit finally got her happy ending. Rosie10-9-2011wenttotuckerbunnies3

All the other pictures were blurred. This is the only picture where you can sort of see the size of accomodation she has been living in. Its one of those triangular grazing arks and is about 4ft long and she takes up the whole width.
Rosie Rabbit finally got her happy ending. Rosie10-9-2011wenttotuckerbunnies2

I will be picking her up after work tomorrow before Mike collects her on Monday evening.

Last edited by marleyNfriends on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next